Non NEMA O.C.C.s and Martial Arts?

Chaos Earth is here & now. Let the Chaos ensue.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Re: Non NEMA O.C.C.s and Martial Arts?

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

I think the NEMA Mission Books (or whatever they are called) will detail elements of the US Military. To what extent I'm not sure.
On the other hand I don't think it would be hard to make some adjustments from the NEMA OCC's to military OCC's. My guess is thats what we will see.
A alternative would be to also check out the Marine and Navy OCC's in Undersea's for some pre-rifts examples.

As for martial arts I have no idea.
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

Any martial arts in Chaos Earth would likely follow the fashion of Rifts Japan, not Ninjas & Superspies.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Tinker Dragoon wrote:Any martial arts in Chaos Earth would likely follow the fashion of Rifts Japan, not Ninjas & Superspies.

unfourtunatly. they took out chi abilites, which to me devaules them a good deal. futhermore, they hardly resemble each-other in terms of combat bonuses

it should have said "we glanced at and copy-and-pasted a few paragraphs of discritptions, not "derived from Erick Wujuks Ninja's and Super Spys" they bear only a passing resemblence in that the names are the same
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Tinker Dragoon wrote:Any martial arts in Chaos Earth would likely follow the fashion of Rifts Japan, not Ninjas & Superspies.

unfourtunatly. they took out chi abilites, which to me devaules them a good deal. futhermore, they hardly resemble each-other in terms of combat bonuses

it should have said "we glanced at and copy-and-pasted a few paragraphs of discritptions, not "derived from Erick Wujuks Ninja's and Super Spys" they bear only a passing resemblence in that the names are the same

The problem is the N&S martial arts would really overpower the classes if they didn't 'lower' them like they did.

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

perhaps you can use a Deticated MA OCC from N&SS as an individual who survived the great cataclysm who found his "Chi" powers evolved into super powers with the raised mystic energy levels.

Other elements of the US military (the NEMA is not the US military, right?) we have seen in Rifts. The New Navy has direct liniage to the US Navy/Marines and we know the Air Force had the USA Sam from Spirit West. I assume the Army had glitter boys and other NEMA (non glittery?) bots.
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Daniel Stoker wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:

The problem is the N&S martial arts would really overpower the classes if they didn't 'lower' them like they did.

Daniel Stoker

not really, I've play N&SS martial arts extensivly in Rifts, using the revised conversion book rules. they work just fine.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Josh Sinsapaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Daniel Stoker wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:

I too have used N&SS and Mystic China martial arts in Rifts, they work just fine, and don't over power my NPCs.

Daniel Stoker

not really, I've play N&SS martial arts extensivly in Rifts, using the revised conversion book rules. they work just fine.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

THE Josh wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Daniel Stoker wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:

I too have used N&SS and Mystic China martial arts in Rifts, they work just fine, and don't over power my NPCs.

Daniel Stoker

you didn't say anything, you just quoted me?

Josh Sinsapaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
THE Josh wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Daniel Stoker wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:

Daniel Stoker

you didn't say anything, you just quoted me?

I just realized that, I screwed up there.

What I was going to say was that I use NSS and Mystic China martial arts in Rifts and it doesn't over power anything.

Return to “Rifts®: Chaos Earth™”