Non-Weapon and Armor Items for Chaos earth!

Chaos Earth is here & now. Let the Chaos ensue.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Rimmerdal
Knight
Comment: Official Member of the 'Transformers don't need Humans Club'

Non-Weapon and Armor Items for Chaos earth!

Unread post by Rimmerdal »

The world has tons weapons, armor and even magical firearms...but what about other items? the Ever sought after Fire elemental Summoning toaster is just as worthy....er you get the idea anyway. So post a few for fun and see what happens. just bear in mind the items here are not weapons of themselves.

have the first five..we can number them for die rolls to use as random finds just for the heck of it.
Ones that strike me right off the bat...

01 -The book of the nine gates (from the movie the Nineth gate):
a link to the actual plane of hell or a pocket dimension and source of spells

02 -A magic Chess set: (possessed)
the entity you are playing against rewards victories with spell knowledge for wizards or talismans for non-mages. But when you lose you get the sense that a door is being opened and that after so many losses it is coming through. (A better idea than the one I had.)

03 - a mirror:
able to summon and bind various entities.

04 -The first copy of Shakespeare's works:
A link to the faerie dimension

05 -A lucky rabbits foot:
It brings luck but at a cost. To whom you never know.
Last edited by Rimmerdal on Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
taalismn wrote:
Rimmerdal wrote:mmm Rifts street meat..

Flooper. Fried, broiled, or chipped.
It's like eating Chinese.
FLOOP! And you're hungry again.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Re: Non-Weapon and Armor Items for Chaos earth!

Unread post by Warshield73 »

Most of my ideas are too "Warehouse 13" but I have a few.

06 - George Paton's Star (from his uniform) from the Smithsonian - Gives a bonus of +5% to military tactics, +10% to trust/intimidate & +3 to save versus horror factor. But, it makes a person rash & foolhardy, -3 to perception factor.

07 - William Tecumseh Sherman's Cross - allows the holder to do MD with regular SD fire and even damage vampires with it. For every melee round used there is a 10% cumulative chance that the fire will get out of control and consume 2D10X10 square feet and burn for 1D4 melees.

08 - Saint Francis of Assisi's communion cup - allows the grants the powers of commune with animals and heal others at 8th level. Each can be used three times a day. Causes a feeling of peace and calm for the user which is good under most circumstances but causes him to be unprepared for combat, -2 to strike, parry, and dodge and always goes last, no initiative.

Some could also be general and not tied to a specific person

09 - An upright piano (1919) from a Chicago area bar - adds a +10% bonus to those that can play or a base skill for those without. 3 successful skill rolls in a row and it sounds as if you are playing with a full band. No downside other then trying to carry it around.

10 - Mother superiors glasses - Only works for women, allows the powers of see aura and to see someone's true form(reveals metamorphosis, cyber disguise or even plastic surgery). Save is standard for women, men are -3 to save.

Rimmerdal wrote:02 -A magic Chess set:
not sure what powers I'd give it..but it would be interesting. Possibly something controlling an army from a distance or that is in a another plane. the army might be the forces of darkness and light even.

For the chess set I think that it should be possessed, the entity you are playing against rewards victories with spell knowledge for wizards or talismans for non-mages. But when you loose you get the sense that a door is being opened and that after so many losses it is coming through.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

Warshield, WH 13 is one of my favorite shows. if you have a list of items like the one you posted I would very much love to have a copy of it. PM me and I'll get you details on how to get it to me. If you'd be so kind to share it that is.

Nate
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:Warshield, WH 13 is one of my favorite shows. if you have a list of items like the one you posted I would very much love to have a copy of it. PM me and I'll get you details on how to get it to me. If you'd be so kind to share it that is.

Nate

Nate, if I had a list I would gladly share. Like I said those were just the ideas I had when I saw the post. I have been making a few notes here and there for a potential CE convention game but the above is the closest I have come.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Lt Gargoyle
Champion
Comment: Well men if we're going to die, then let us die with honor.

Unread post by Lt Gargoyle »

* A crystal glass of endless water. just rub your wet finger across the top and as it hums it fills with water.

* A hat of disguise. this hat allows the wearer to add or subtract 5 from PB, and gives 38% chance of fulling even your mother into believing
your someone else.
Well men if we are destine to die, let us die with honor

If all of your wishes are granted then many of your dreams will be destroyed.

The final form of a person character lies in their own hands

abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

a hat of goofy actions! when you wear it you can survive ANY amount of damage but to use it you must act in the silliest way possible for your temperament & species!
adobe of cooking-you have the cooking skill of 98%-the only drawback is that you can't carry the oven or you loose the skill enterly until it's in one place for at least 2 months!
that's all the ideas I have for now, but don't worry I'll have more ideas later.
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

please God no.
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:please God no.

about wich my goofy hat or the adobe of cooking?
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

lipstick of smooching- makes all creature of the opposite sex treat you like a sex god/goddess for 24-36 hours after you apply it to yourself
savings throw is 12 +p.b. +1 for every point of p.b. over 16
what do you think?
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
Rimmerdal
Knight
Comment: Official Member of the 'Transformers don't need Humans Club'

Unread post by Rimmerdal »

Girdle Manliness/Womanly Kind? :P
taalismn wrote:
Rimmerdal wrote:mmm Rifts street meat..

Flooper. Fried, broiled, or chipped.
It's like eating Chinese.
FLOOP! And you're hungry again.
PSI-Lence
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by PSI-Lence »

i don't know how any magic items could be specific to CE?

a "haunted" tickle me elmo doll , children will find it comforting and as long as it is laughing lesser demons can not come within 25' of the toy
adults however will find it 'creepy' (HF 5 but roll each time the doll is tickled) and have to fight the urge to throw it away or leave the area
the doll needs no power source (removing the battery's does nothing but increase the HF to adults to HF 8 if they find out there are none in it)
it can take damage (40 SDC) but can not be destroyed even if hit by MD weapons a melted , deformed shape remains with at least some red tufts of fur (always recogniseable to children) and recovers 1 SDC per hr (can be tickled for the above effects at 20+ SDC)

magical catcher's mitt
increases throw distance by 50% and adds +2D4 SDC damage, but can be used to catch any object (i don't remember if there is a canon rule for catching an object if so add +5, if not use parry skill +5) any negatives do still apply (if trying to "catch" rail gun rounds, lasers etc) 'caught' energy will just dissipate, bullets will still be hot to the touch with the ungloved hand and could not be thrown very far , but caught grenades or mini missiles will not explode ,nothing larger than the glove can be caught, so single mini missiles are about the max, grenades thrown back will still explode (if there was 3 seconds left on the grenade fuse it can be held forever, but as soon as it is thrown or dropped there will be only 3 seconds until it explodes, contact grenades will not go off until impact, thrust from mini missiles is cancelled as soon as they are caught , throwing them back will not reignite the thrusters, they are now awkwardly shaped contact grenades for thrown distance purposes)

idiot box
cursed T.V. anyone failing a save vs magic at 14 will see their favorite tv show being played (a marathon that never ends) even episodes they have never seen before (actually figments of the mind projected by the tv) and be compelled to watch -5 to all combat rolls, -30% to all skills (even listening/speaking will be hard to do since they are focused on the tv) and initiative will always be last
anyone who makes the save will just see an old tube TV with a broken screen (they can drag people entranced away from the tv at 15' away and for every 5' past that the victim get's +1 to save against the tv's effect)

tried coming up with a few things that might be more relivent just after the coming of the rifts people still recognise
i own but am less well versed in RUE, and my memory is ... lackluster at best keep that in mind if my posts contradict canon lol
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

a teddy ruxpin of deviniton-if you know what I'm talking about toy-wise you know what this item looks like except it doesn't need batteries or a tape! It also tells the future at random times of day.
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

Necro-vision-this TV set show television shows of the past-distant AND otherwise!
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

abe wrote:a hat of goofy actions! when you wear it you can survive ANY amount of damage

This isn't going to stop me from mentally enslaving someone so I'm not even mad.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
PSI-Lence
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by PSI-Lence »

jony33 wrote:idiot box
cursed T.V. anyone failing a save vs magic at 14 will see their favorite tv show being played (a marathon that never ends) even episodes they have never seen before (actually figments of the mind projected by the tv) and be compelled to watch -5 to all combat rolls, -30% to all skills (even listening/speaking will be hard to do since they are focused on the tv) and initiative will always be last
anyone who makes the save will just see an old tube TV with a broken screen (they can drag people entranced away from the tv at 15' away and for every 5' past that the victim get's +1 to save against the tv's effect)

um, glad you like it? but that's exactly what i already wrote lol

been a while since i was here last but...

magic pop bottle (soda for the americans :P lol) can be any size, once filled with water and capped 2 P.P.E. can be spent turning the water into the same brand of drink it once held (the sugar boost can be helpful to people low on energy but this is just a pop, no magic healing properties) alternatively ANY liquid can be used (must be enough to fill the bottle) but to charge it requires 1 P.P.E. per 100 ML this can be much more useful for areas with contaminated water
i own but am less well versed in RUE, and my memory is ... lackluster at best keep that in mind if my posts contradict canon lol
Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

Very cool ideas......below is a list of odd stuff that might fit

Mythical Objects
The Dragon Has Spoken
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

Haunted dinosaur bones!
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

Or wait.....are they really dragon bones?
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!

Return to “Rifts®: Chaos Earth™”