But Seriously...

Chaos Earth is here & now. Let the Chaos ensue.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

MaxxSterling
Adventurer
Comment: I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum...

But Seriously...

Unread post by MaxxSterling »

I thought Dead Reign was bad... But how do you even play this game? You are an sdc person. You are fighting mdc demons with like 9 melee actions. How do you play this game? I just don't get it...
RoadWarriorFWaNK
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: on a death march

Re: But Seriously...

Unread post by RoadWarriorFWaNK »

MaxxSterling wrote:I thought Dead Reign was bad... But how do you even play this game? You are an sdc person. You are fighting mdc demons with like 9 melee actions. How do you play this game? I just don't get it...

you rescue as many people as you can before something terrible kills you. If you're smart and lucky then that won't be for a long time.
Veritas476
Adventurer

Unread post by Veritas476 »

I've got a question.. Why on earth would you, as a sdc being, not have a suit of MDC armor and at least one MD capable weapon in this world? Trying to adventure without them seems a touch counter-intuitive to me.
MaxxSterling
Adventurer

Not everyone is a NEMA soldier. But the more I read, the more I guess I get, that you are SUPPOSED to be a NEMA soldier.
Veritas476
Adventurer

You don't have to be a NEMA Soldier to have a good suit of armor or a weapon, though it certainly helps.
Lt Gargoyle
Champion
Comment: Well men if we're going to die, then let us die with honor.

Unread post by Lt Gargoyle »

i believe its suppose to be you as NEMA soldiers. However you are suppose to use your brain escape the rain of death happening all around you, get lucky jury rig some armor and find some weapons.
Well men if we are destine to die, let us die with honor

If all of your wishes are granted then many of your dreams will be destroyed.

The final form of a person character lies in their own hands

Jason Richards

Unread post by Jason Richards »

CE is different. It's not like Rifts where you are thrown headlong into a whole world.

In CE, the core book is basically 100% about playing a NEMA trooper. Mysteries of Magic is basically 100% about playing a mage. First Responders will be basically 100% (well, 80% probably) about playing an Average Joe. Psychic Storm will be basically 100% about playing a psychic. Brothers in Arms will be basically 100% about playing a member of the armed forces.

More adventure-related sourcebooks will be like this (at least as I plan, and I think Taylor and I are on the same page). It will all be pretty micro. Creatures of Chaos focused on a specific type of monster/threat. Taylor's book is pretty specific in its adventure focus (sorry to be so vague! :) ). I have tentative ideas for sourcebooks about a specific town, camp, stronghold, etc.

You'll be able to pick up smallish modules as you like, taking or leaving the rest. This lets you build your very own Chaos Earth.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
Jason Richards

Veritas476 wrote:I've got a question.. Why on earth would you, as a sdc being, not have a suit of MDC armor and at least one MD capable weapon in this world? Trying to adventure without them seems a touch counter-intuitive to me.

During the Golden Age, why would you have a suit of armor or a weapon?
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Veritas476
Adventurer

Jason Richards wrote:
Veritas476 wrote:I've got a question.. Why on earth would you, as a sdc being, not have a suit of MDC armor and at least one MD capable weapon in this world? Trying to adventure without them seems a touch counter-intuitive to me.

Collectors, Survivalists, I don't know. Doesn't matter what the era of time is like such people always exist. In prior golden ages there were always those that had similar items for their time.
Jason Richards

Veritas476 wrote:
Jason Richards wrote:

Collectors, Survivalists, I don't know. Doesn't matter what the era of time is like such people always exist. In prior golden ages there were always those that had similar items for their time.

Those types are covered in First Responders. ;)

Lt Gargoyle
Champion

Jason Richards wrote:
Veritas476 wrote:
Jason Richards wrote:

Well then i want the book, how long has it been since we heard about it?

Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

Jason Richards wrote:
Veritas476 wrote:
Jason Richards wrote:

Is there a street date ?
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
MaxxSterling
Adventurer

I'll wait to check out first responders then.
Lt Gargoyle
Champion

I will only because I am not playing a chaos Earth game right now. But to be fair i have been waiting for along time for this book and i am kinda bored waiting.

Jason Richards

As for a street date, I don't know. It's not forgotten about and Kevin has communicated with me about it as recently as this week.

If you're interested in the book, say so! Send Alex and Kevin PMs or drop a note in the mail and tell them how much you're looking forward to seeing it. That kind of thing helps. :ok:

Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

Jason Richards wrote:As for a street date, I don't know. It's not forgotten about and Kevin has communicated with me about it as recently as this week.

If you're interested in the book, say so! Send Alex and Kevin PMs or drop a note in the mail and tell them how much you're looking forward to seeing it. That kind of thing helps. :ok:

It does well I might just do that!
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

in regards to weapons and armor: weapons are something that you should be able to obtain with just a little work. NEMA is recruiting people from those they are protecting, so it wouldn't be hard to get at least an MD pistol or rifle from NEMA. and many of the same principles as dead reign apply. survivors can salvage weaponry from military or police facilities (the national guard would have MD weaponry, though certainly older versions, and Police stations would likely have a small number of MD pistols and Rifles in the same way and for many of the same reasons as ones today have small stores of Assault Rifles. i'd expect basic MD armor to be found in both as well. probably lightweight non-enviromental suits.)
likewise survivors could salvage weapons from battlefields. possibly even scavenge some armor, though odds are the result would be patchwork.
and weapons used by demons and D-bees could be grabbed after NEMA or some other group brings down the enemy.
once you have weapons, you can fight. you'd want to hunker down behind terrain for protection, avoid direct engagement, but you could fight.

and there are ways of making weapons too. Nitrate fertilizers and Fuel Oil are both things that don't seem to have been gotten rid of by 2098, so you could make ANFO, which while an SDC explosive could be placed in large enough amounts to hurt MD enemies. (look at the use of ANFO in Beirut and Oklahoma city as an example)
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
GrampaAllen
D-Bee

Unread post by GrampaAllen »

My group tried an SDC version and it was just as lethal as the MDC version this is a gorilla war situation, even in the books they mention taking out the leader picking off key members drawing the hordes away from your assets. It is very horror movie outsmart out maneuver the more powerful opponent style of a game. If you come at it that way it can be a great time.
Akashic Soldier
Knight
Comment: Theres space for a paper airplane race in the eye of a hurricane.

Unread post by Akashic Soldier »

MaxxSterling wrote:I thought Dead Reign was bad... But how do you even play this game? You are an sdc person. You are fighting mdc demons with like 9 melee actions. How do you play this game? I just don't get it...

For a starter, its easy to feel powerless if you look at numbers and think of it like dice and graph paper. Start thinking of it more like a TV series or Film and you're set. If you want to dominate the world and be awesome and able to pick your teeth with the finger nails of the demon lords than Chaos Earth just isn't the game for you. Its about saving people and minimizing causalities and saving lives. Its not about having more M.D.C. or Actions Per Melee than the big bad (nor do I think any Palladium System is well-suited to that approach to play).
"I flew back to the states just to vote for Trump."
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
I will not answer posts/questions/accusations by people on my foes list.
The Ugly Truth - Carl Gleba on the Cabal of 24.
Rifts® Online: Megaversal Highway.
ZorValachan
Adventurer

Unread post by ZorValachan »

While I found Rise of Magic interesting, I think logically, the psionic books should have come before it (1st responders, psionics, then the magic book) As people got psionics instantly at the cataclysm, while magic had to be learned. But otherwise, it is NEMA or your a rat trying to hide and survive.
Noon
Champion

Unread post by Noon »

Depends if you're into stealth gaming or not. Sure, it probably doesn't give much of a heads up that it's about that.

But otherwise it's like wondering how to play metal gear solid, when you think of just running at enemies, gun blazing. I do actually know of a guy, years ago, who dismissed one of those games because of that.

Return to “Rifts®: Chaos Earth™”