Ambulance

Chaos Earth is here & now. Let the Chaos ensue.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

keir451
Champion
Comment: We came, We saw, We kicked it's butt!!-P. Venkman
My real physics defeats your quasi physics!!!

Re: Ambulance

Unread post by keir451 »

Hey Aussiegrif, I may be wrong on this but I don't remember there being any ambulance vehicle listed in Chaos Earth.
My real world Physics defeats your Quasi-Physics!!!
Bubblegum Crisis, best anime/sci-fi/ for totally hot babes in Power Armor.!!!!
Magic. Completely screws logic at every opportunity. (credit due to Ilendaver)
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Truck stats
or
van stats

Those would cover your question about the vehicle itself. Now if the question was also to cover what would be inside the ambulance, then that can be gotten online via google. (i.e.: you doing the research.)
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
keir451
Champion
Comment: We came, We saw, We kicked it's butt!!-P. Venkman
My real physics defeats your quasi physics!!!

Unread post by keir451 »

Another option is to modify the stats for the Triax hover M.A.S.H unit.
My real world Physics defeats your Quasi-Physics!!!
Bubblegum Crisis, best anime/sci-fi/ for totally hot babes in Power Armor.!!!!
Magic. Completely screws logic at every opportunity. (credit due to Ilendaver)
zaccheus
Explorer

Unread post by zaccheus »

keir451 wrote:Another option is to modify the stats for the Triax hover M.A.S.H unit.

It's probably not going to help you but 1st Ed BTS had a lot of stats for vehicles. I don't know if ambulance specifically is listed but I'm sure there is something very similar
Jason Richards
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Jason Richards »

Two types of NEMA/military ambulances in the First Responders manuscript. :) :ok:
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

I am not sold on the idea that non-military tech is going to be MDC. Even a 1 MDC armor shell would theoretically make the vehicle invulnerable to almost any dangers of the pre-Rifts civilian world.

Part of the fun of Chaos Earth is MDC monsters entering a SDC world. Then you get demons picking up cars, ripping them in half and using the remains as clubs to bash squishies and NEMA troops.
Warmaster40k
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Warmaster40k »

So when is that book going to be put into my hand?
I am the Omega, I am the thread killer, my post is death.
Jason Richards
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Jason Richards »

Spinachcat wrote:I am not sold on the idea that non-military tech is going to be MDC. Even a 1 MDC armor shell would theoretically make the vehicle invulnerable to almost any dangers of the pre-Rifts civilian world.

Part of the fun of Chaos Earth is MDC monsters entering a SDC world. Then you get demons picking up cars, ripping them in half and using the remains as clubs to bash squishies and NEMA troops.

I agree, but the precedent is set, unfortunately. You're left with vehicles that are very light in MDC. Glancing now at the NEMA Emergency Medical Transport in my manuscript, it has a Main Body of 120 MDC. Of the three variants that are mentioned, one is a military-grade vehicle with 30% more MDC, while two are strictly civilian vehicles that have only 10% the MDC of the regular model.

In the "Consumer Transportation" section, virtually all vehicles actually have an SDC Main Body, but a Frame (and sometimes Reinforced Crew Compartment) of just a few MDC.

Here are a couple of paragraphs from the Consumer Transportation section, discussing construction materials. Remember, First Responders is mostly about the reaction of "everyday" type heroes to the Cataclysm, so there is a lot of information about how things like MD technology affect the average guy on the street.

The personal vehicle industry benefitted as much as any from the advancements made in materials technology. While
the bodies of civilian-grade vehicles were made of various composite materials, the frames of 95% of cars built in North
America, Germany, India, Russia and China, accounting for the vast majority of vehicle manufacturing, were constructed
using very light Mega-Damage structures. Even manufacturers in nations that were not Mega-Damage powers typically
built on frames purchased from companies within these other nations. These rigid, unbendable frames were surrounded
by more conventional materials designed to absorb impacts, much like the auto construction of the previous century.

The use of superior building materials is one positive aspect of modern transportation that even the Great Cataclysm
couldn’t undo. The frames of common vehicles far outlast their functionality and thus are available for reuse. The only
issue facing most survivors is finding ways to break down the skeletons of old cars beyond their component parts. Once
the frame, which was usually built out of several pieces of Mega-Damage materials bolted together, is taken apart, most
people have no way of cutting or working the metal. Even as-is, however, these lightweight and virtually unbreakable
scraps of Mega-Damage material are priceless for building fortifications to use as defense against supernaturally-strong
demons and monsters.

So when is that book going to be put into my hand?

Hopefully soon. The manuscript has been in for a while. If you're anxious to see it, communicate that to Kevin and co. here on the boards or with a nice letter. I'm anxious to get to work on Psychic Storm and/or Brothers in Arms (probably PS first), but can't really do that until FR is out there.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com

Return to “Rifts®: Chaos Earth™”