are there any plans to bridge rifts and CE

Chaos Earth is here & now. Let the Chaos ensue.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

are there any plans to bridge rifts and CE

Unread post by csbioborg »

I'd love to see a book showing what happened to all the demons etc
so we get a sense of the time line up and how CE turned into the rifts earth we know
the big question is how did nema survive
did the leylines just wane so the demons have to go away or did something more dramtic happen
i'd buy the book just to read so I could flesh out the rifts setting
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Re: are there any plans to bridge rifts and CE

Unread post by Damian Magecraft »

csbioborg wrote:I'd love to see a book showing what happened to all the demons etc
so we get a sense of the time line up and how CE turned into the rifts earth we know
did the leylines just wane so the demons have to go away or did something more dramtic happen
I think this should be done. But not as a single book but more of a series of "meta-plot" splat books. Each book could detail one incident of the time prior to the present day Rifts setting. They could even call them Rifts: Dark Ages.

What do you think?
Good idea?
Bad Idea?
DM is correct by the way. - Ninjabunny
It's a shoddy carpenter who blames his tools. - Killer Cyborg
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
Armorlord
Hero

Unread post by Armorlord »

csbioborg wrote:the big question is how did nema survive
They didn't.
They died so hard and so completely that the few rumors and tales of their existence cast them as benevolent extra-dimensional heroes wielding god-like power known as the Neemans. The bulk of whom were snuffed out defending against a siege by a great army of demons back as the Dark Age was beginning.
Playing as part of NEMA is like playing as part of the Jedi Order just before the Purge.
You know your character has to die horribly at some point.
It's just a matter of how much good you can do before you go down.

NEMA my have met it's end during the Fourth Demon Plague, but their battles and efforts are the real reason humanity survived to the extent it has in North America.
Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience. -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)
It's not impossible, it's just really unfair. :( -Trance Gemini (Andromeda)
Tarnow and Romanov: Neighbors!

Politeness is not a shield, and criticism is not a sword to swing repeatedly.
csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

Damian Magecraft wrote:
csbioborg wrote:I'd love to see a book showing what happened to all the demons etc
I think this should be done. But not as a single book but more of a series of "meta-plot" splat books. Each book could detail one incident of the time prior to the present day Rifts setting. They could even call them Rifts: Dark Ages.

What do you think?
Good idea?
Bad Idea?

I think its a great idea but realistically Palladium producing a 5 part series like this is not going to happen. Look at how long the minon war is taking. If they went this route and started today I'd would not be surprised if we saw the last book in ten years. CE is low priority for them so the best we could hope for is one big book which goes like the battle raged, this is what happened, demons were sent through rifts because, and this is what lead to a 100 years of struggle were mankind finnally saw a glimmer of hope. Possibly a explaination for how Chi town was built now we are at the begining ofthe rifts timeline. I've got a witch hunter NPC that has a recurring role as a monster hunter my rifts game. Would like to see what he was doing for all those years.
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
strtkwr
Explorer

Unread post by strtkwr »

Damian Magecraft wrote:

What do you think?
Good idea?
Bad Idea?

I would love to see this, but would have to agree that it won't see the light of day. I am hoping that we get the First Responders book that is already written, and the Psychic Storm book that was promised when the CE main book came out. If we get those next year, I will be a happy man.
Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!

That is the call of the deep doo-doo bird. I must fly!
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

You know I love this idea...but why do it as books? Why not a series of moderate articles in the rifter? General info and happennings going over evry 1/4 century etc? 2 years of Rifters (8 issues) and we have a good timeframe of major events for the 188 year dark age.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
csbioborg
Champion

One of the big things I'd like to see is a what happens to your occ section
so what happened to the Chaos mages
what did there magic turn into
the demon forged (I think that's the name) the guys that have a demon inside them
intheorythey could being living right now on rights earth unless the drop in ppe levels caused something we don't know
Johnathan
Adventurer

Unread post by Johnathan »

Most of the demons found in Chaos Earth could, potentially, still be on RIFTS Earth. I say most since the World Devastator Demons (I think that's what they're called) are there for the sole purpose of utterly destroying civilization. When their mission is accomplished, they'll move on.

Most of the magic OCCs in Chaos Earth, I think, either evolved into something else or died out. Chaos Mages, for example, would not have survived the refinements of magic through The Dark Ages. Their magic was too... Well... Chaotic and unpredictable. The Mage would either learn REAL magic or have faded into obscurity.

But hey, it's Palladium, anything is possible. Right?

Maybe they did survive and can be used in the RIFTS setting without much difficulty. Who knows?
Hotrod wrote:I haven't noticed saints getting the bad end of the bargain at all. Sure, a lot of them die in pain and poverty. A lot of jerks die in agony, betrayal, and humiliation, often taking their own lives rather than having to face the consequences of what they've done.
csbioborg
Champion

I highly doubt the demons are still around. If they were we woud have encounted them in the past 20 years of rifts. They presumably left for one reason or another. Maybe nema pulled off a master plan or the ppe levels dropping made them go. I realize as a practical matter the ce demon ar there so the setting was original and people would not complain palladium was reprinting PF material again however from a narrative prespective they would have been mentioned in the past 20 years of books ifthey remained on rifts earth
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Unread post by Damian Magecraft »

csbioborg wrote:I highly doubt the demons are still around. If they were we woud have encounted them in the past 20 years of rifts. They presumably left for one reason or another. Maybe nema pulled off a master plan or the ppe levels dropping made them go. I realize as a practical matter the ce demon ar there so the setting was original and people would not complain palladium was reprinting PF material again however from a narrative prespective they would have been mentioned in the past 20 years of books ifthey remained on rifts earth

Well since they only show up to finish off a dying civilization...
With the CS, FQ, NGR, etc... firmly entrenched I would say they missed out on the death of the world and left for "greener pastures" as it were.
DM is correct by the way. - Ninjabunny
It's a shoddy carpenter who blames his tools. - Killer Cyborg
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Unread post by jedi078 »

NEMA personnel who survived the Great Cataclysm probably lasted about 10 to 30 years. Of course mecha and equipment would have been passed down to their children, who would then take up arms to defend humanity.

I do have some ideas for a timeline of this first 30 years for use in my own CE game.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
Johnathan
Adventurer

Unread post by Johnathan »

csbioborg wrote:I highly doubt the demons are still around. If they were we woud have encounted them in the past 20 years of rifts. They presumably left for one reason or another. Maybe nema pulled off a master plan or the ppe levels dropping made them go. I realize as a practical matter the ce demon ar there so the setting was original and people would not complain palladium was reprinting PF material again however from a narrative prespective they would have been mentioned in the past 20 years of books ifthey remained on rifts earth

I'm sorry, but I just can't agree with this statement at all. First of all, nowhere does it suggest that the PPE levels wained or dropped after The Great Cataclysm. It merely suggests that the torrential and chaotic magical energies that occured then stabilized. It does not state that they decreased at all.

Secondly, IF your statement about the demons from Chaos Earth was, in fact, valid then it hold true for ALL other demons and monsters that have been presented in RIFTS as well. Are we expected to believe that just because a demon or monster is not specifically mentioned as having existed since the Dark Ages, at the very least, that they just MIRACULOUSLY emerged along the time line in which the book they are presented in occurs? No.

Now, with that bring said, there are certain demons that are on Chaos Earth for the SOLE purpose of causing the destruction of civilization. They would not have stuck around once human society crumbled to dust. Others could have, and more than likely would have.

Plus there is absolutely nothing stopping most of the demons and monsters from appearing BACK in RIFTS Earth.

Case in point, a Shifter is capable of enslaving demons and monsters from Chaos Earth. Is the Shifter even presented in Chaos Earth? No. It's presented in the main RIFTS timeline. Ergo, it stands to reason that the demons of Chaos Earth can and do exist during RIFTS Earth.

All it would require is a little retcon and handwavium. Not really that difficult.
Hotrod wrote:I haven't noticed saints getting the bad end of the bargain at all. Sure, a lot of them die in pain and poverty. A lot of jerks die in agony, betrayal, and humiliation, often taking their own lives rather than having to face the consequences of what they've done.
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Johnathan wrote:I'm sorry, but I just can't agree with this statement at all. First of all, nowhere does it suggest that the PPE levels wained or dropped after The Great Cataclysm. It merely suggests that the torrential and chaotic magical energies that occured then stabilized. It does not state that they decreased at all.

I cna agree thatthe PPE levels droped to Rifts Earth level at some point since in CE the ley lines are reported to be 3 miles high as opposed to typically 300 feet high.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
csbioborg
Champion

Johnathan wrote:

I'm sorry, but I just can't agree with this statement at all. First of all, nowhere does it suggest that the PPE levels wained or dropped after The Great Cataclysm. It merely suggests that the torrential and chaotic magical energies that occured then stabilized. It does not state that they decreased at all.

Secondly, IF your statement about the demons from Chaos Earth was, in fact, valid then it hold true for ALL other demons and monsters that have been presented in RIFTS as well. Are we expected to believe that just because a demon or monster is not specifically mentioned as having existed since the Dark Ages, at the very least, that they just MIRACULOUSLY emerged along the time line in which the book they are presented in occurs? No.

Now, with that bring said, there are certain demons that are on Chaos Earth for the SOLE purpose of causing the destruction of civilization. They would not have stuck around once human society crumbled to dust. Others could have, and more than likely would have.

Plus there is absolutely nothing stopping most of the demons and monsters from appearing BACK in RIFTS Earth.

Case in point, a Shifter is capable of enslaving demons and monsters from Chaos Earth. Is the Shifter even presented in Chaos Earth? No. It's presented in the main RIFTS timeline. Ergo, it stands to reason that the demons of Chaos Earth can and do exist during RIFTS Earth.

All it would require is a little retcon and handwavium. Not really that difficult.

It says on page 18 of Rise of Magic "the ley lines are more powerful now at this point in time than at any time in Earth's past or future" so I'd say that yes the magic levels have waned. The books also say that (tens) thousands of the demons come out of the ley lines every day. If there still were all these demons I think they would have shown up in the plot by now. This isn't a rare being like a demon dragon its a whole class of being that inthe time of Chaos Earth number in the hundreds of thousands if not millions. They had to have gone away or else the landscape of Rifts Earth would be much different. Ergo there must must be areason they left. Maybe a few stayed around depending on the reason however the vast majoirty had to have come and gone at some point in the time line
Armorlord
Hero

csbioborg wrote:It says on page 18 of Rise of Magic "the ley lines are more powerful now at this point in time than at any time in Earth's past or future" so I'd say that yes the magic levels have waned. The books also say that (tens) thousands of the demons come out of the ley lines every day. If there still were all these demons I think they would have shown up in the plot by now. This isn't a rare being like a demon dragon its a whole class of being that inthe time of Chaos Earth number in the hundreds of thousands if not millions. They had to have gone away or else the landscape of Rifts Earth would be much different. Ergo there must must be areason they left. Maybe a few stayed around depending on the reason however the vast majoirty had to have come and gone at some point in the time line
I generally take the fact that NEMA fell standing against the fourth Demon Plague right before the Dark Age was considered to begin as not being a coincidence. NEMA very likely put up a good fight taking as many as they could with them, this was the last great demon plague to get through before the super-charge on the lines decreased enough to cut out the mass transfer at celestial high points, and with the destruction of NEMA the apocalypse loving, civilization crushing demons didn't have much left to crush, so they would start filtering out as well. Leading us into merely barely clinging to life in a world actively trying to kill us with little to no resources, as opposed to OHFU-DemonsEverywhereWeAreSoBoned and complete extinction staring us in the face.
Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience. -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)

csbioborg
Champion

I'd also like to know is when does the mutation of the psi stalkers occur
madhaven mutants etc.
Lt Gargoyle
Champion
Comment: Well men if we're going to die, then let us die with honor.

Unread post by Lt Gargoyle »

there is a demon kingdom in calvery rift in canada, I think st. lewis is also another demon infested area. not to mention atlantis.

I figure once the demons destroyed the humans they fought each other as well. this in turned help to dwindle those numbers on those deciding to remain on earth.

I think a the articles in the Rifters would be a great idea to start bouncing them out. But acourse there is the alternative of you and acouple of others writing the books yourself and sending them in. Once KS has a manuscript I image it would be easier to get it out. Especially if you turn all 5 in at once. I was impressed with the SoT books. they were busted out pretty quickly.

Its a double edge sword when it comes to letting people know what you want. personally I would like to see some other games get attention for the next couple of years. and let Rifts have the back seat so i can get the books i want for robotech and Palladium fantasy. with any other company i would not purchase the other books until they gave me what i wanted. but with PB if we did that would could send PB under. so its a double edge sword. you cannot tell someone to run thier company this way or that, they do not like it. i know i never do. But we can get people to write him telling them they would like certain materials.

As for the mutations i would think day one started the mutations and over the course of the next couple hundred years they stabalized a bit.
Well men if we are destine to die, let us die with honor

If all of your wishes are granted then many of your dreams will be destroyed.

The final form of a person character lies in their own hands

csbioborg
Champion

one thing about palladium mutation I don't like is they don't mention the 10000 people that presumably die from mutations for the one that survives. It seems like everyone blastd with mystical rays or radiation comes out with something postive even if its the Madhaven mutants. I'd like a little narrative on all the people that got down syndrom or its CE equivalent plain striaght died or whatever as a result of the mutating forces
Armorlord
Hero

csbioborg wrote:I'd also like to know is when does the mutation of the psi stalkers occur
madhaven mutants etc.
Madhaven folk are very likely the result one of those, comparatively, rare energy rift mutations. The superpower granting kind that comes up in HU from time to time, or like the Sea Titians. Since genetically they apparently still register as human while having these wild abilities it seems a 'super' lineage.
Psi-Stalkers make sense as an emergent strain of humanity given our theme of humanity kicking psi talents into overdrive in response to the presence of the supernatural. Though I still wonder if there was some forced evolution or engineering involved, considering how localized to North America the psi-stalker tribes are, or perhaps they originally developed elsewhere and followed their prey through the Rifts.

RoadWarriorFWaNK
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: on a death march

Unread post by RoadWarriorFWaNK »

csbioborg wrote:one thing about palladium mutation I don't like is they don't mention the 10000 people that presumably die from mutations for the one that survives. It seems like everyone blastd with mystical rays or radiation comes out with something postive even if its the Madhaven mutants. I'd like a little narrative on all the people that got down syndrom or its CE equivalent plain striaght died or whatever as a result of the mutating forces

you want to see stats for people with Down's Syndrome? What? That **** won't sell books.
csbioborg
Champion

just talking about a narrative
talking about of the 100000 peopleaffectedby the mutation most were turned into bad stuff
and many died
then a few turned into psitalkers
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

I think we need a map showing areas where ley lines zones are.
They are at ther most powerful for 100 years,with a lost in power,makes majorty of demons leave. Thers a map that show the ley line zones in 105P.a in New west page 25.

I think the book on Psychics will tell where the Psi-stalkers come from.

I also think they can show D-Bess arrive at the time of Chaos but they did not live to the Dark age.
Nadrakas
Explorer
Comment: Strength through Unity, Unity through Faith!

Unread post by Nadrakas »

Armorlord wrote:
csbioborg wrote:I'd also like to know is when does the mutation of the psi stalkers occur
madhaven mutants etc.
Madhaven folk are very likely the result one of those, comparatively, rare energy rift mutations. The superpower granting kind that comes up in HU from time to time, or like the Sea Titians. Since genetically they apparently still register as human while having these wild abilities it seems a 'super' lineage.
Psi-Stalkers make sense as an emergent strain of humanity given our theme of humanity kicking psi talents into overdrive in response to the presence of the supernatural. Though I still wonder if there was some forced evolution or engineering involved, considering how localized to North America the psi-stalker tribes are, or perhaps they originally developed elsewhere and followed their prey through the Rifts.

I would imagine that there would be some Geneticists that survived "Armageddon." As some people begin to develop Psi Powers on their own in CE, perhaps retro-viral genetic engineering could be performed on the most promising individuals (volunteers of course) to help fight the "Monsters." Perhaps some of them could be Proto-Psi-Stalkers, hunting and feeding on the "Monsters" PPE.

~ N
Chicago Broadcast, 12 DEC 2098, M.P.: wrote:We are the People of Earth. Those Things are not of Earth. Our path is clear and simple. We belong here, they do not. I, for one, will do everything in my power to close the Gates so we can send those things back to whatever Hell they came from!! NOW, WHO IS WITH ME!!!

Visit Nadrakas's RPG Corner
chef1
D-Bee

Unread post by chef1 »

I run CE campain in which my players found the book of heroes, but the demons of dyval are trying to get the book. I plan on what others have said on this post with NEMA being wiped out by the demons then I jump my new Rifts campain to the current time line with new characters! who knows maybe the book will reappear during when I cross my game with megaverse in flames :bandit:
Nadrakas
Explorer

chef1 wrote:I run CE campain in which my players found the book of heroes, but the demons of dyval are trying to get the book. I plan on what others have said on this post with NEMA being wiped out by the demons then I jump my new Rifts campain to the current time line with new characters! who knows maybe the book will reappear during when I cross my game with megaverse in flames :bandit:

Do you think that that any of the current CE Characters will make it in the Book of Heroes? If so, it might be interesting to see the Players faces when you reveal it in the Rifts Game.

~ N
Chicago Broadcast, 12 DEC 2098, M.P.: wrote:We are the People of Earth. Those Things are not of Earth. Our path is clear and simple. We belong here, they do not. I, for one, will do everything in my power to close the Gates so we can send those things back to whatever Hell they came from!! NOW, WHO IS WITH ME!!!

Jason Richards

Unread post by Jason Richards »

Random thoughts on this thread:

1. Don't expect Freelancers to fill the gaps between CE and Rifts. There are CENTURIES between the two. Why cheapen the great setting of CE by making it Rifts all over again? Trust me, the game will suffer if it's all tied up nicely like the NEMA-to-CS weapon tech history.

2. I have no plans to address Psi-Stalkers in Psychic Storm. Everything in that book (that I write, anyway) will be new and different, with exactly 0% taken from other Palladium books.

3. The gap between CE and Rifts is essential, and bridging it will severely damage the CE setting. With the two games separated by centuries, there is no predetermined end for your character and his/her actions in the individual scale. In effect, you don't shoehorn the campaign to a predetermined end.

4. I'd be down for writing official material for The Rifter every 6 months or so that dealt with limited adventures during the Dark Age, once First Responders gets moving toward the printer. I'm sure you understand that it's frustrating to try and work on continuing projects when the previous one has yet to see print. So, if you'd like more CE stuff in the Rifter, plus Psychic Storm, drop a line to Kevin and co. and tell them how excited you are to see First Responders. A good buzz will help move things along.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
Nadrakas
Explorer

Jason Richards wrote:Random thoughts on this thread:

1. Don't expect Freelancers to fill the gaps between CE and Rifts. There are CENTURIES between the two. Why cheapen the great setting of CE by making it Rifts all over again? Trust me, the game will suffer if it's all tied up nicely like the NEMA-to-CS weapon tech history.

I think that it would take away a lot of the mysteries and the unknown of the Dark Ages. I also think it would limit the flexibility of both PB & individual GMs when it comes to providing a backstory to where a particular Setting Book or Individual Campaign is set (ie: A series of Post-Rifts ruins in New Mexico. Who lived there, what were they like, and just what do these strange tech-like items do? and so on...). While an occasional mention of an event, place or even an individual from the Dark Ages is good background material that can add depth and story elements to the Game, detailing the entire 200 years would be...an exercise in futility and a waste of valuable PB resources. "Keep 'em lean and hungry."

Jason Richards wrote:2. I have no plans to address Psi-Stalkers in Psychic Storm. Everything in that book (that I write, anyway) will be new and different, with exactly 0% taken from other Palladium books.

Thank you. Honestly...thank you.

Jason Richards wrote:3. The gap between CE and Rifts is essential, and bridging it will severely damage the CE setting. With the two games separated by centuries, there is no predetermined end for your character and his/her actions in the individual scale. In effect, you don't shoehorn the campaign to a predetermined end.

(Nod)

Jason Richards wrote:4. I'd be down for writing official material for The Rifter every 6 months or so that dealt with limited adventures during the Dark Age, once First Responders gets moving toward the printer. I'm sure you understand that it's frustrating to try and work on continuing projects when the previous one has yet to see print. So, if you'd like more CE stuff in the Rifter, plus Psychic Storm, drop a line to Kevin and co. and tell them how excited you are to see First Responders. A good buzz will help move things along.

Sounds cool. :D

~ N

Jason Richards

Prodigal Son wrote:I am excited to see new Chaos Earth source material.

I am running a CE campaign right now, and one of my players is playing the ROSCOE, that player is also an EMT, so we are both very anxious to see what gems & nuggets First Responders will have!!!

I totally dig the setting!

LOTS of stuff for Roscoes/EMTs in First Responders, including classes for actual, non-NEMA first responders such as EMTs. Those are great characters for role-playing both because of the mission they're charged with, and the choice they have to make to either honor or abandon it. That's a common theme with a number of First Responders OCCs.

Also, EMTs are cool because, thanks to Golden Age medical technology, they can do amazing things that could only be done in the most sophisticated hospitals in the modern age.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

My group is waiting on Psychic Storm to even want to play Chaos Earth. They want their Wizards and Psychics before they decide to play CE. I cannot blame them.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Jason Richards wrote:
2. I have no plans to address Psi-Stalkers in Psychic Storm. Everything in that book (that I write, anyway) will be new and different, with exactly 0% taken from other Palladium books.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.
My group is tired of Psi-stalkers in so many books. I want original material. I love the Rifter #50 material printed jason. The Teke-Freak PCC is awesome. We need more psychic goodness.

Hey could you at least LIST a few more PCC you have planned up to tease us with and the basic theme/idea behind them ?

One of my players wanted me to ask about Proto-Bursters styled psychics. Its his favorite psychic class in Rifts, and he wants to know will their be a Pyro-psychic Chaos Earth styled in the book. I hope there is to be honest. Something more Wild and unpredictable the way the Teke-Freak was done for Telekinesis Psychics. Of course something such as Pyrokinesis, could be done as a Psychic PCC which needs to pick ONE say from Pyrokinesis, Hydrokinesis, Electrokinesis, etc... but be powerful and unpredictable somehow, with powers in the same manner as the Teke-Freak PCC recieved for Telekinesis. Just saying ;)

Come on, my groups are waiting on Psychic Storm get to work :wink: :D :mrgreen:
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Razzinold
Hero
Comment: HTTP 404 [witty comment not found]

Unread post by Razzinold »

Two theories on the soldiers from NEMA one more realistic then the other.

The first, since they were hailed as great heroes (people keep mentioning last stands during the 4th Demon invasion) that they were the first (of many heroes later on) to granted the amazing power of the Cosmo Knights-----------Not very likely, but hey it could happen.

The second (and more believable theory IMO) they all moved to Canada because it's so awesome here and they were sick of all the fighting and traded their guns for skates and sticks and reestablished the NHL, and a bunch of other sports. How else could you explain why Rifts Canada has all those non combat skills, like down hill skiing, etc. They gave up fighting and moved to Canada to focus on playing sports :lol:

By the way I'm Canadian (in case people thought I was Canada bashing) and I hope this post is taken with the same humor as it was written in. In no way am I trying to diminish the role of Canadian soldiers (or any soldier for that matter). We are a proud nation with a long history, but we do tend to be viewed in more of a "peace keeper" role, then a "hostile aggressor" kind of role. Which is cool because in my eyes that makes our guys and girls in uniforms "heroes" in the true sense of the word because they protect those who cannot protect themselves in what ever country they are needed by "keeping the peace". (once again not putting down any other country's soldiers or calling anyone war mongers or any crap like that. Enough of my ranting, enjoy the humor, or not, now where is my toque ? It's time for me to ride home to my igloo on my dog sled.
Jason Richards

TechnoGothic wrote:
Jason Richards wrote:

My group is tired of Psi-stalkers in so many books. I want original material. I love the Rifter #50 material printed jason. The Teke-Freak PCC is awesome. We need more psychic goodness.

Hey could you at least LIST a few more PCC you have planned up to tease us with and the basic theme/idea behind them ?

One of my players wanted me to ask about Proto-Bursters styled psychics. Its his favorite psychic class in Rifts, and he wants to know will their be a Pyro-psychic Chaos Earth styled in the book. I hope there is to be honest. Something more Wild and unpredictable the way the Teke-Freak was done for Telekinesis Psychics. Of course something such as Pyrokinesis, could be done as a Psychic PCC which needs to pick ONE say from Pyrokinesis, Hydrokinesis, Electrokinesis, etc... but be powerful and unpredictable somehow, with powers in the same manner as the Teke-Freak PCC recieved for Telekinesis. Just saying ;)

No plans for a proto-burster. I won't ignore pyrokenisis, and I'm not sure how I'll do it, but it will be something very different than anything in Rifts.

Some ideas? I don't yet have my notes here with me, but off the top of my head I know I have notes for the following:

1. A class that uses "mind over matter" (not in the Crazy way, but in the traditional sense) to enhance his or her own physical abilities.
2. Some sort of empath that continually receives and transmits emotions and has no control over it.
3. Some sort of psychic that can walk a path of medic/healer or killer/torturer using the same basic set of powers.
4. I've thought about some sort of "animal friend" if I could find a way to make it not lame and cliche.
5. I've considered some sort of Evolutionary whose powers are always changing, with every level a different range of powers selected at random from a pool (higher level characters would have a wider array of powers and could try to keep existing powers through a level-up).
6. A powerful telepath that has some choices for branching out in different trees like the Rifter 50 psychics (communication, coordination, control, etc.)
7. There needs to be some sort of precog/medium/etc.
8. I'll probably include some basic building-block classes for creating more generic, traditional psychics.

Basically I think that all CE psychics should, unless they're aliens or some other limited options, be instinctive and subconscious on some level, at least to start.

tmikesecrist3
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by tmikesecrist3 »

I have actually thought about doing a generational campaign. maybe switching off with one of my other players whom gms. well both of them do actealy and both of them are good at it... in the only CE game I have played in.... we had a nice little fledgling kingdom starting...... it would be fun to see if that kingdom or one like it could have made it throw the dark ages. to modern rifts....
"Cannon to right of them,
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon in front of them
Volleyed and thundered;
Stormed at with shot and shell,
Boldly they rode and well,
Into the jaws of Death,
Into the mouth of hell
Rode the six hundred."
The charge of the light Brigade, By Alfred, Lord Tennyson
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Jason Richards wrote:
TechnoGothic wrote:
Jason Richards wrote:

No plans for a proto-burster. I won't ignore pyrokenisis, and I'm not sure how I'll do it, but it will be something very different than anything in Rifts.

Some ideas? I don't yet have my notes here with me, but off the top of my head I know I have notes for the following:

1. A class that uses "mind over matter" (not in the Crazy way, but in the traditional sense) to enhance his or her own physical abilities.
2. Some sort of empath that continually receives and transmits emotions and has no control over it.
3. Some sort of psychic that can walk a path of medic/healer or killer/torturer using the same basic set of powers.
4. I've thought about some sort of "animal friend" if I could find a way to make it not lame and cliche.
5. I've considered some sort of Evolutionary whose powers are always changing, with every level a different range of powers selected at random from a pool (higher level characters would have a wider array of powers and could try to keep existing powers through a level-up).
6. A powerful telepath that has some choices for branching out in different trees like the Rifter 50 psychics (communication, coordination, control, etc.)
7. There needs to be some sort of precog/medium/etc.
8. I'll probably include some basic building-block classes for creating more generic, traditional psychics.

Basically I think that all CE psychics should, unless they're aliens or some other limited options, be instinctive and subconscious on some level, at least to start.

according to WB3 england, the south america books, and mindwerks, there was limited experimentation on psionic abilities being done by governments and corporations. in england you had Calibre-X, while in south america the mutant animal experiments had uncovered things like telekinesis. the CE rifter article on england had MI6 with a Stargate project type program developing both sensative and minor offensive powers, as well as technology to enhance said powers. and of course mindwerks had M.O.M tech, which could give some minor powers.

but those were fairly high budget secret programs, producing fairly minor results.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

glitterboy2098 wrote:according to WB3 england, the south america books, and mindwerks, there was limited experimentation on psionic abilities being done by governments and corporations. in england you had Calibre-X, while in south america the mutant animal experiments had uncovered things like telekinesis. the CE rifter article on england had MI6 with a Stargate project type program developing both sensative and minor offensive powers, as well as technology to enhance said powers. and of course mindwerks had M.O.M tech, which could give some minor powers.

but those were fairly high budget secret programs, producing fairly minor results.

Left off Lone Star, which held the technology to create the Dog Boys, obviously psionic creatures, and the standard Crazy tech that's seen all over the world. To have CE as a precursor to Rifts Earth you have to have a measure of public knowledge and acceptance of psionics as real, as those various programs make it obvious people with plenty of money believed in it and had made it happen. People with evident psionic powers must have been around as well, with the Cataclysm simply increasing the incidence of it much like Dark Day did in Nightbane.

There also must be scattered groups of mages around because the Rifts material makes it quite clear that conventional spellcasters existed prior to the Cataclysm albeit more in secret than the psionicists.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
tmikesecrist3
Dungeon Crawler

I agree night mask, But remember that those with Psi talents, or magic powers would take one **** of a back lash when the GC happened I would think a lot of ppl would have been knock on there *** and there would porbly have been deaths in those that where older or those that where early in there training, many porbly spent hours KOed exposer would porbly have killed more of them and those with latent talents soundly coming active would porbly have the same effects as those with magic powers. many of the psi's may wall have been driven insane before learning to have any control of there powers, many would have fallen pray to SN monsters or worse possessed...

dabbling in the Occult would have been extremely dangers I shutter to think what might be summed with Ouija boards... and ppl would be temped to try it... with all the ppe around it may have even worked for none tainted ppl.... The reaction headache would have been porbly common just think of the shock of having you ppe soddenly in-cress by a factor of 4 O.o
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon in front of them
Volleyed and thundered;
Into the jaws of Death,
Into the mouth of hell
Rode the six hundred."
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

tmikesecrist3 wrote:I agree night mask, But remember that those with Psi talents, or magic powers would take one **** of a back lash when the GC happened I would think a lot of ppl would have been knock on there *** and there would porbly have been deaths in those that where older or those that where early in there training, many porbly spent hours KOed exposer would porbly have killed more of them and those with latent talents soundly coming active would porbly have the same effects as those with magic powers. many of the psi's may wall have been driven insane before learning to have any control of there powers, many would have fallen pray to SN monsters or worse possessed...

dabbling in the Occult would have been extremely dangers I shutter to think what might be summed with Ouija boards... and ppl would be temped to try it... with all the ppe around it may have even worked for none tainted ppl.... The reaction headache would have been porbly common just think of the shock of having you ppe soddenly in-cress by a factor of 4 O.o

Not seeing how you think that, particularly given how much of the lore past down as seen in Rifts Earth felt it was the gods that slapped humanity down for various reasons or otherwise the result of outside forces and not something you'd be targeting humans with psionics or magic over. Some might but that kind of thing is always going to happen when a population is large enough some will always snatch the easiest target to blame.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
tmikesecrist3
Dungeon Crawler

well remember the 9/11 attacks? a guest on the 700 club Said that the terror attacks was because the feminist and the pagans had angered g-d and the host agreed that he was right, granted that is a Fundy fringe group. But there is a lot of people that with turn to there roots and often become more conservative of course I don't think the Evangelicals would have a problem with the fact that the rapter did not happen... and there was no 2nd coming.... and then it is reaching a bet to say that the GC is revaluation...

The point is that when ever there is a witch scare some of the first people where there necks in the noose are the midwifes and herbalist. I cant say if it would happen today.. but I can see some blameing mages psis and neo pagans for the coming of the rifts, and or for consorting with demons since they seem to have the same powers as the demons. and the witch demon cults demon callers would not help a bet... it would at best be tangled
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon in front of them
Volleyed and thundered;
Into the jaws of Death,
Into the mouth of hell
Rode the six hundred."

Return to “Rifts®: Chaos Earth™”