Choas earth vs the rifters chaos earth

Chaos Earth is here & now. Let the Chaos ensue.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Bood Samel
Adventurer
Comment: The only place worth going is too far.

Choas earth vs the rifters chaos earth

Unread post by Bood Samel »

Why was the original idea for chaos earth that was previewed in the rifter scraped for the one that came out?
strtkwr
Explorer

Re: Choas earth vs the rifters chaos earth

Unread post by strtkwr »

Can you be more specific on what you are referring to? Quickly looking over the rifters I have, it seems to be pretty much the same setting. A couple of the OCC's are a little different, but it does not seem to be anything major.
Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!

That is the call of the deep doo-doo bird. I must fly!
Gamer
Adventurer

Unread post by Gamer »

My guess is he is referring to Rifter #7s article of chaos Earth which was quite different.
Dulce bellum inexpertis.
Bood Samel
Adventurer
Comment: The only place worth going is too far.

Unread post by Bood Samel »

Gamer wrote:My guess is he is referring to Rifter #7s article of chaos Earth which was quite different.

You are correct. Why was the idea of an alternate rifts timeline scraped in favor of the CE we ended up getting? Honestly I think the CE we got is a better deal, but I was curious as to the behind the scenes reasons why the switched happened
Lt Gargoyle
Champion
Comment: Well men if we're going to die, then let us die with honor.

Unread post by Lt Gargoyle »

Bood Samel wrote:
Gamer wrote:My guess is he is referring to Rifter #7s article of chaos Earth which was quite different.

You are correct. Why was the idea of an alternate rifts timeline scraped in favor of the CE we ended up getting? Honestly I think the CE we got is a better deal, but I was curious as to the behind the scenes reasons why the switched happened

Unless KS gives us a true answer i think it would be all guesses. But i bet when they started writing it up the ideas quickly changed into what it is now.

I personally think the Chaos Earth from rifters 7 should be a dimension book with an alternate reality/earth theme as it was ment for. heck they could do a dozen of them where they mix in other palladium settings which was hit with the coming of the rifts and this is how that earth handled/survived. I buy those.
Well men if we are destine to die, let us die with honor

If all of your wishes are granted then many of your dreams will be destroyed.

The final form of a person character lies in their own hands

Armorlord
Hero

Unread post by Armorlord »

Heck, the Chaos Earth that we have still seems more like an alternate Cataclysm that was slightly less severe than the one Rifts Earth dealt with.
Then there's the Rifter #7 version that was much less severe, enough to really be strongly different from anything resembling Rifts Earth's past. Civilization, governments, and infrastructure is far more intact and struggling to survive.
A step beyond that is the Chaos Earth mentioned near the end of the RGMG, with no Cataclysm and high technology rushing forward in an increasingly tense political situation, headed for overload.

All interesting paths, but it would be awesome to hear more about those last two worlds that have been hinted at yet not explored further.
Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience. -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)
It's not impossible, it's just really unfair. :( -Trance Gemini (Andromeda)
Tarnow and Romanov: Neighbors!

Politeness is not a shield, and criticism is not a sword to swing repeatedly.
ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

Unread post by ZINO »

I personally think the Chaos Earth from rifters 7 should be a dimension book with an alternate reality/earth theme as it was meant for
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe

Return to “Rifts®: Chaos Earth™”