Chaos Earth and The Rifter

Chaos Earth is here & now. Let the Chaos ensue.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Re: Chaos Earth and The Rifter

Unread post by jedi078 »

Rifters #35 and 47 have info (OCC's, equipment and adventures) for Chaos Earth. The adventure from Rifter #47 occurs during the first few days of the Great Cataclysm and IMO is a good place to begin a CE game.

IIRC Techno Wizardry is relatively new in the rifts timeline as of 104PA, but I could be wrong.
There is the psi mechanic PCC (and other PCC's) from Beyond the Supernatural that you could rationally use instead. Of course you could just ignore canon and implement techno wizardly into a CE game.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
strtkwr
Explorer

Unread post by strtkwr »

You will also want to pick up #50. It has some info on psyonics.
Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!

That is the call of the deep doo-doo bird. I must fly!
Jason Richards
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Jason Richards »

Be sure to check out the stickied topics in this forum: one for errata in the main book, and the other for a list of Rifts equipment that is expressly stated in the canon as being from the Golden Age/Chaos Earth era.

The letter of the law says no TW in Chaos Earth, but with Rifts, anything is possible, so that's your call to make as a GM.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
Lt Gargoyle
Champion
Comment: Well men if we're going to die, then let us die with honor.

Unread post by Lt Gargoyle »

Perrin42 wrote:
Jason Richards wrote:Be sure to check out the stickied topics in this forum: one for errata in the main book, and the other for a list of Rifts equipment that is expressly stated in the canon as being from the Golden Age/Chaos Earth era.

The letter of the law says no TW in Chaos Earth, but with Rifts, anything is possible, so that's your call to make as a GM.

Well, I'm not thinking of a full-on TW. Just someone that's always had an affinity for tinkering that... changes with the return of magic to the world. Someone that doesn't even know what they are capable of, and sort of discover things as they go along. Think of a Chaos Wizard that needs a piece of technology as a focus for magical effects.

this is would be great if you role play it out. have him tinker with things and it slowly becomes enchanted.

though i think i would simply have someone rifted through time myself so the player has less frustration with his character.
Well men if we are destine to die, let us die with honor

If all of your wishes are granted then many of your dreams will be destroyed.

The final form of a person character lies in their own hands

Return to “Rifts®: Chaos Earth™”