Bionics in CE?

Chaos Earth is here & now. Let the Chaos ensue.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

kmspade
Explorer

Bionics in CE?

Unread post by kmspade »

OK, so my friend is going to start a Chaos Earth game. I am thinking of playing a NEMA Intel-Agent and have one question...

What bionics and cybernetics do you use for Chaos Earth? From the list that the Intel-Agent starts with, I assume the Rifts Bionics SB would be available in CE (for the most part), but is this correct? Are there any specific CE cybernetics or bionics anywhere? (They're not in the main book that I can see.)

And if the Bionic SB is what we're supposed to use for CE, what the heck is a "Radio Bandit's Ear" that the Intel Agent starts with, and what CE book is it in?

Please help!
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Re: Bionics in CE?

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

kmspade wrote:
And if the Bionic SB is what we're supposed to use for CE, what the heck is a "Radio Bandit's Ear" that the Intel Agent starts with, and what CE book is it in?

Please help!

The "Radio Bandit's Ear" is on page 39 of the Bionics Sourcebook.

There is nothing written so far about specific bionics/cybernetics for Chaos Earth, so yeah I'd go with the Bionics SB.
kmspade
Explorer

Unread post by kmspade »

cool thanks!

I must have missed the bandit's ear. I'd never heard of it before. but sure enough there it is. :)
Jason Richards
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Jason Richards »

The future supplement, Brothers in Arms, will have some military cybernetics (I think). As noted, the Bionics Sourcebook is your best bet, for now.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway
Comment: I love how people are quick to make demands, make spurious claims and then play the victim when you call them on it.
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, CANADA. NOT Austrailia, CANADA.

Unread post by Prince Artemis »

Most bionics and cybernetics are 'rediscovered' from the golden age, so the bionics book is a good supplement
strtkwr
Explorer

Unread post by strtkwr »

Prince Artemis wrote:Most bionics and cybernetics are 'rediscovered' from the golden age, so the bionics book is a good supplement

The problem with using Rifts bionics is that it does not take into account the fact that while it is based on pre-rifts tech, there has been ample time to make advancements in technology. For example, look at the Glitter Boy. While still powerful by current day standards, there have been variants that are far more powerful (see Triax 2 for a variant that was created after just 4 years of research). In addition, there are current day robot vehicles are more powerful than Chaos Earth Robot vehicles.

Not saying I have a better answer, just pointing out the flaws of using the bionics sourcebook. I guess we need the Brother in Arms book sooner as opposed to later, right? :D
Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!

That is the call of the deep doo-doo bird. I must fly!
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Look to Russian Bionics in WoR for what most bionics would most likely be like.
Slightly less MDC overall from the Triax models.
Light Machines, Heavy Machine, Ultra Machines would be a good idea to use.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan

Return to “Rifts®: Chaos Earth™”