Setting Question

Chaos Earth is here & now. Let the Chaos ensue.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Nadrakas
Explorer
Comment: Strength through Unity, Unity through Faith!

Setting Question

Unread post by Nadrakas »

Ok, I'm pulling what is left of my hair out here (Which, to me is ok...I'm the missing link :lol: ).

Nowhere can I find what "KLS" means, as in the KLS Corporation. I've nearly pulled my books apart - MiO, VU, RUE, etc.

If anyone knows the answer, then please...help. Where is it located? What does it mean? Where is Jimmy Hoffa buried?-

Thanks.

~ N...
Chicago Broadcast, 12 DEC 2098, M.P.: wrote:We are the People of Earth. Those Things are not of Earth. Our path is clear and simple. We belong here, they do not. I, for one, will do everything in my power to close the Gates so we can send those things back to whatever Hell they came from!! NOW, WHO IS WITH ME!!!

Visit Nadrakas's RPG Corner
RoadWarriorFWaNK
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: on a death march

Re: Setting Question

Unread post by RoadWarriorFWaNK »

Kevin Leroy Siembieda
Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Unread post by Jorel »

Leroy. Awesome.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
Nadrakas
Explorer

RoadWarriorFWaNK wrote:Kevin Leroy Siembieda

Funny...Hmmm...didn't know that his middle initial was "L"...or is it?

I take it, that with the lack of answers (besides the humorous (?) one above) that nobody knows what KLS stands for. Hmmm...

~ N
Chicago Broadcast, 12 DEC 2098, M.P.: wrote:We are the People of Earth. Those Things are not of Earth. Our path is clear and simple. We belong here, they do not. I, for one, will do everything in my power to close the Gates so we can send those things back to whatever Hell they came from!! NOW, WHO IS WITH ME!!!

Erinoth
D-Bee

Unread post by Erinoth »

I dont remember seeing what the cannon fluff says it stands for. I did see a mention of it in
Mutants in Orbit stating it was a competitor of cyberworks. It also states that KLS designed the
the Glitterboy USA-10. Page 67 Mutants in Orbit.

The company is also detailed on pages 57 and 58 in MiO
"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" - Dr. Seuss

The Online Game thread
Nadrakas
Explorer

Erinoth wrote:I dont remember seeing what the cannon fluff says it stands for. I did see a mention of it in
Mutants in Orbit stating it was a competitor of cyberworks. It also states that KLS designed the
the Glitterboy USA-10. Page 67 Mutants in Orbit.

The company is also detailed on pages 57 and 58 in MiO

Got that. Nearly pulled all my books apart that mention KLS looking for what it means, but no luck.

Hmmm...Kevin Leroy Siembieda...hmmm. :?:

MikelAmroni
Hero

Unread post by MikelAmroni »

You could be looking a Chicken and Egg question the wrong way. I have some friends who set up a business. They gave it a three initial name. It didn't stand for anything, just was. Now unofficially it stood for a funny saying, but that wasn't in any official literature, and unknown outside of a small circle of friends. The business failed, and I don't remember the name, or I'd post it. It was basically a geek pun that sounded cool as the name of a company - as initials anyway.

KLS could have been named for one, two, or three major founders in game. Though I tend to agree that its it's probably a play off of KS's name.

Edit: Oh and if you want history on KLS, you're going to have to look into its roots: Heroes Unlimited, or specifically Villains Unlimited. I'd go with first edition over second, since the second edition version would be homoginized a bit with the Rifts lore. I don't have it (first edition) or I'd offer it up.
"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)

ImageImage
Armorlord
Hero

Unread post by Armorlord »

Yeah, KLS Corp's name is never expanded on, KLS is the actual name in game rather than just an abbreviation. The theory that Kevin named it after himself is amusing though.
Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience. -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)
It's not impossible, it's just really unfair. :( -Trance Gemini (Andromeda)
Tarnow and Romanov: Neighbors!

Politeness is not a shield, and criticism is not a sword to swing repeatedly.
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

I always figured it was an homage to the two Kevins:
Kevin Long & Siembieda
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start
RoadWarriorFWaNK
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer