Shin Megami Tensei: Rifts Chaos Earth

Chaos Earth is here & now. Let the Chaos ensue.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Warmaster40k
Dungeon Crawler

Shin Megami Tensei: Rifts Chaos Earth

Unread post by Warmaster40k »

okay, I recently started getting into a very good, and very dark and possiblely contraversial series of video games. SO get this there is a Japanese RPG that has mature story telling and non-annoying characters. But thats not the best part, it just screams rifts. And for those who have read the rise of magic, and though wow the Demon Caller is totally a exspy for the Devil Summoner from the Shin megami games. Any way has any one else come to this conclusion, or ran with it in thier games. If not look up the games. The first two are on snes but the only way to play them is via a downloaded of the internet with a translation patch as they were never released stateside. But no worries the company that owns the series has a unofficial policy to not care about the roms for the 2 snes games as thats the only way for people to play them in english. I reccomend them as they offer a darn good presentation of what would happen to a civilization if super natural nasties were to invade. Now is this just a sleep deprived poster, careing on about nothing, or have i truly struck something awesome that needs to be shared with the fans of rifts.
I am the Omega, I am the thread killer, my post is death.
kevarin
Adventurer

Re: Shin Megami Tensei: Rifts Chaos Earth

Unread post by kevarin »

Shin Megami Tensei this is a cool game and yes has a end of the world chaos earth or rifts
feel to it i found it here as a free mmo and played for a few months liked the hole summon
monsters to fight with you here is the link to the site there are some decent games there
and all are free to play

http://www.aeriagames.com/
http://kevarin.deviantart.com/# my little attempt to add some color to the Palladium world

My gun does 4d6x1000 MD! There's no way this guy is gonna survive.
-- Famous Last Words of Rifts Players
DracoMagus
Explorer

Re: Shin Megami Tensei: Rifts Chaos Earth

Unread post by DracoMagus »

There was also a version of the game for the PS2 by Atlus games called Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne where the world was destroyed... Your main character was the one that was the deciding factor in how the world would be reborn, depending on what path you took during the game.

Said elements aside, I can see how this series of games would make for some interesting Chaos Earth game play. (Maybe have a Chaos Earth: Japan situation going on in the ruins of one of the cities that wasn't washed out to sea or something.)
Remember kids, if speed were everything jackrabbits would Rule the World!!!!

All Hail the Death Metal Rooster!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A43JOxLa5MM

Return to “Rifts®: Chaos Earth™”