Races?

Chaos Earth is here & now. Let the Chaos ensue.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

johnkretzer
Adventurer
Comment: Power gaming in Rifts is NOT hard or challenging. If you want to impress people with you power gaming skills try Toon

Races?

Unread post by johnkretzer »

Was just thinking about this...is there any reference guide to when the various races in Rifts earth started to appear on Earth? I am asking because I am curious if there are any races from Rifts that are playable in Chaos Earth well maintaining the flavor of Chaos Earth.

I am also very well aware that any non-human looking D-Bee will probably shot on sight...but that can just creat some rather interesting and fun RP.
keir451
Champion
Comment: We came, We saw, We kicked it's butt!!-P. Venkman
My real physics defeats your quasi physics!!!

Re: Races?

Unread post by keir451 »

johnkretzer wrote:Was just thinking about this...is there any reference guide to when the various races in Rifts earth started to appear on Earth? I am asking because I am curious if there are any races from Rifts that are playable in Chaos Earth well maintaining the flavor of Chaos Earth.

I am also very well aware that any non-human looking D-Bee will probably shot on sight...but that can just creat some rather interesting and fun RP.

I always figured they started appearing almost right away, (that being within the first year or two after the Rifts started to open).
Actually any non human D-bee might NOT be shot on sight, NEMA operates on seperation and containment of "non-natives" aka D-bees (at least initially) but I always thought that some enterprising (for military read "stupid") anthropologist might actually try to make contact w/an unknown race to attempt to foster mutual understanding and the like.
My real world Physics defeats your Quasi-Physics!!!
Bubblegum Crisis, best anime/sci-fi/ for totally hot babes in Power Armor.!!!!
Magic. Completely screws logic at every opportunity. (credit due to Ilendaver)
Jason Richards
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Jason Richards »

There are new ones in First Responders. In D-Bees of North America I specifically wrote the Iktek Diggers to be a race that appeared on Earth periodically from the dawn of the Coming of the Rifts. Most other races don't specify, but any are fair game.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
johnkretzer
Adventurer
Comment: Power gaming in Rifts is NOT hard or challenging. If you want to impress people with you power gaming skills try Toon

Unread post by johnkretzer »

Jason Richards wrote:There are new ones in First Responders. In D-Bees of North America I specifically wrote the Iktek Diggers to be a race that appeared on Earth periodically from the dawn of the Coming of the Rifts. Most other races don't specify, but any are fair game.

That is what I pretty much figured.

Where does it state NEMA's veiw on D-Bees in the books(if there is one?)
keir451
Champion
Comment: We came, We saw, We kicked it's butt!!-P. Venkman
My real physics defeats your quasi physics!!!

Unread post by keir451 »

johnkretzer wrote:
Jason Richards wrote:There are new ones in First Responders. In D-Bees of North America I specifically wrote the Iktek Diggers to be a race that appeared on Earth periodically from the dawn of the Coming of the Rifts. Most other races don't specify, but any are fair game.

That is what I pretty much figured.

Where does it state NEMA's veiw on D-Bees in the books(if there is one?)

NEMA's policy on D-bees is described in the Chaos Earth RPG (can't remember exact page) I think it was listed in one of the descriptors of NEMA personnels duties or some such. They seem to follow a policy of seperation and containment, as in they keep the clear D-bee races seperate from the human population and contain them to a limited area beyond the declared NEMA borders.
My real world Physics defeats your Quasi-Physics!!!
Bubblegum Crisis, best anime/sci-fi/ for totally hot babes in Power Armor.!!!!
Magic. Completely screws logic at every opportunity. (credit due to Ilendaver)
Jason Richards
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Jason Richards »

First Responders talks a little bit about reactions of regular people to D-Bees. It's safe to categorize NEMA's outlook as airing on the side of caution.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Well Some races who did not have a edge like MDc,s skin,Magic or tech die out in the first 100 years,I think the majorty of race in DBofNA appear after the first 100 years.

Come on show your ideas for the D-Bees,s races of this time.

Return to “Rifts®: Chaos Earth™”