Update on Chaos Earth: First Responders

Chaos Earth is here & now. Let the Chaos ensue.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jason Richards
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Update on Chaos Earth: First Responders

Unread post by Jason Richards »

Kev mentioned it as a project on his list to review in a Murmur not too long ago, and today I learned that he expects to check it out this weekend.

Pretty exciting stuff! Hopefully it will see print in the first half of 2010.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Re: Update on Chaos Earth: First Responders

Unread post by jaymz »

Any word even a breif one as to what this will entail?

PUH-LEEEEEEZE? :D
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Jason Richards

Well, it still has to go under the knife, but I feel certain the finished product will include:

- O.C.C.s for several non-NEMA types, including a generic build-your-own Civilian
- Rules for progressing characters from the Golden Age into Chaos Earth
- Apocalypse Plagues
- Lots of medical and survival equipment
- S.D.C. firearms
- Lots of new skills (many collected from other games and tweaked to fit Chaos Earth)
- Civilian and emergency vehicles and discussion about Golden Age transportation
- Probably a few monsters/animals from beyond the Rifts (non-supernatural)
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Unread post by jedi078 »

Jason Richards wrote:Well, it still has to go under the knife, but I feel certain the finished product will include:

- O.C.C.s for several non-NEMA types, including a generic build-your-own Civilian
- Apocalypse Plagues
- S.D.C. firearms
- Lots of new skills (many collected from other games and tweaked to fit Chaos Earth)
- Civilian and emergency vehicles and discussion about Golden Age transportation

I hope the Civilian OCC's are not the same ones from BTS and Dead Reign.

If so why not tell people to use the Civilian/Common person from those books, and the space for the other topics?
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Sounds good Jason....heres hoping its a go :D
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Jason Richards

jedi078 wrote:
Jason Richards wrote:Well, it still has to go under the knife, but I feel certain the finished product will include:

- Apocalypse Plagues
- S.D.C. firearms

If so why not tell people to use the Civilian/Common person from those books, and the space for the other topics?

Nope. It's an entirely new way to generate a character with a normal day job, at least as far as I know. The basics aren't hard to figure out. There are obviously a set of "common skills" in Chaos Earth that all Golden-Agers have, and everyone gets some Related and Secondary skills that represent knowledge other than professional training. The unique thing is how Professional skills are treated, which basically take the place of O.C.C. skills.

jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Unread post by jedi078 »

Jason Richards wrote:
jedi078 wrote:I hope the Civilian OCC's are not the same ones from BTS and Dead Reign.

Nope. It's an entirely new way to generate a character with a normal day job, at least as far as I know. The basics aren't hard to figure out. There are obviously a set of "common skills" in Chaos Earth that all Golden-Agers have, and everyone gets some Related and Secondary skills that represent knowledge other than professional training. The unique thing is how Professional skills are treated, which basically take the place of O.C.C. skills.

Sounds alot loke an MOS set up. With the MOS being your 'Professional skills.'

But its different so that's good.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
Jason Richards

jedi078 wrote:
Jason Richards wrote:
jedi078 wrote:I hope the Civilian OCC's are not the same ones from BTS and Dead Reign.

Sort of, except you've never really had this level of freedom in crafting a profession. I hope it will be well received.

The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

I'm looking forward to this book almost as much as I'm looking forward to my own. I love the setting, and I know that Jason has knocked it out of the park.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

The Galactus Kid wrote:I'm looking forward to this book almost as much as I'm looking forward to my own. I love the setting, and I know that Jason has knocked it out of the park.

Ok dumb question, what have you got in the pipeline TGK?

\m/
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

jaymz wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:I'm looking forward to this book almost as much as I'm looking forward to my own. I love the setting, and I know that Jason has knocked it out of the park.

Ok dumb question, what have you got in the pipeline TGK?

Triax 2
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

TGK is doing Triax 2? SWEET! :D

\m/
Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Unread post by Grell »

Jason Richards wrote:
jedi078 wrote:
Jason Richards wrote:

Sort of, except you've never really had this level of freedom in crafting a profession. I hope it will be well received.

I'll bet it will be. I've been using other book sources to generate civilian survivors for my game and it would be GREAT to have something fit to the actual setting to use instead of transplants. For example, we have a cop generated from BTS and a EMT from Dead Reign. There is such a difference between the end product in both characters it's sort of goofy.
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
Jason Richards

aaaand Kevin's Murmur today mentions that he has reviewed Chaos Earth. He and I have been discussing it, and are ironing some things out now. Shouldn't be long!

Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

Jason Richards wrote:aaaand Kevin's Murmur today mentions that he has reviewed Chaos Earth. He and I have been discussing it, and are ironing some things out now. Shouldn't be long!

Man I hope so. This is one of the very few RPG books I plan on getting in the near future.
The Galactus Kid

This book is going to be awesome.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

Jason Richards

I have only three stat blocks to fill out. I added experience tables yesterday. Getting clooooose!

Lt Gargoyle
Champion
Comment: Well men if we're going to die, then let us die with honor.

Unread post by Lt Gargoyle »

Jason Richards wrote:
jedi078 wrote:

- Apocalypse Plagues
- S.D.C. firearms

this is the best reason to buy this book, though i love chaos earth so i would get it anyway.
Well men if we are destine to die, let us die with honor

If all of your wishes are granted then many of your dreams will be destroyed.

The final form of a person character lies in their own hands

keir451
Champion
Comment: We came, We saw, We kicked it's butt!!-P. Venkman
My real physics defeats your quasi physics!!!

Unread post by keir451 »

- Apocalypse Plagues
- S.D.C. firearms

GOOD DEAL!!!! I esp. like the possibility of civilian and emergency vehicles as well as Golden Age transportation (esp. want more of that!). I have the "updated" Chaos Earth and it's even better than it was originally, the errata really improved it. And I'm VERY impressed by the other stuff on your site Jason, so I'm salivating in anticipation for this one. :lol: Hope to see it soon! :D
My real world Physics defeats your Quasi-Physics!!!
Bubblegum Crisis, best anime/sci-fi/ for totally hot babes in Power Armor.!!!!
Magic. Completely screws logic at every opportunity. (credit due to Ilendaver)
Jason Richards

If you like the stuff up there so far, be sure to check back this week. A big Chaos Earth/Rifts adventure to be posted, with downloads. Partially-damaged Chromium Guardsmen on a dungeon crawl with giant swords? Hmmmmmm???

Lt Gargoyle
Champion

GamerX wrote:Although, sadly, mortgage and diapers will once again most likely preclude me from buying a book that I want, I am nonetheless very excited about this. I'm hoping a friend will buy one so I can steal it.

sacrofice a couple days of soda, cigs. or other simple things you normally indulge in and then you too can have this book. :eek:

Lt Gargoyle
Champion

GamerX wrote:
Lt Gargoyle wrote:
GamerX wrote:Although, sadly, mortgage and diapers will once again most likely preclude me from buying a book that I want, I am nonetheless very excited about this. I'm hoping a friend will buy one so I can steal it.

sacrofice a couple days of soda, cigs. or other simple things you normally indulge in and then you too can have this book. :eek:

If only it were that simple, but all of my money literally goes to: A) Bills, B) Diapers, C) Food, and D)FlamethrowersGasoline.

Still paying off that money-grubbing hospital for letting my wife be there when she had our last kid.

Well i am sorry man, how about you put it out there with family and friends for a b-day gift?
or make your family suffer on top romin and mac and cheese. just teasing. I understand i have a son.

Jason Richards

The new blog hotness, complete with download, will be available at approximately 10:11 AM Central Time, tomorrow.

Lt Gargoyle
Champion

Jason Richards wrote:The new blog hotness, complete with download, will be available at approximately 10:11 AM Central Time, tomorrow.

SWEET!!! :D

Jason Richards

go get it!

Jason Richards

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, it's DONE!

http://www.jasonrichards.net for details

The Galactus Kid

Awesome. I'm glad thats done. Now when are you getting me more awesome Chaos Earth goodness for Rifter 50? hahaha

Jason Richards

The Galactus Kid wrote:Awesome. I'm glad thats done. Now when are you getting me more awesome Chaos Earth goodness for Rifter 50? hahaha

Was working on it last night. It'll be done in a couple of days. :ok:

The Galactus Kid

Jason Richards wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:Awesome. I'm glad thats done. Now when are you getting me more awesome Chaos Earth goodness for Rifter 50? hahaha

Was working on it last night. It'll be done in a couple of days. :ok:

Thats what I like to hear. The more Chaos Earth stuff, the better. And I'm not just talking about for the Rifter. I think that this article and First responders may be some of my favorite releases in 2010...in addition to Triax 2 and the minion war.

Jason Richards

The Rifter stuff will be official. It's basically a preview of Psychic Storm. I think it will do a good job of filling the psionics gap in the game until Psychic Storm is written and published, which is at least a couple of years away I would guess.

Jason Richards

the previous post was for everyone else's benefit, btw. clearly GK is aware.

The Galactus Kid

Jason Richards wrote:The Rifter stuff will be official. It's basically a preview of Psychic Storm. I think it will do a good job of filling the psionics gap in the game until Psychic Storm is written and published, which is at least a couple of years away I would guess.

I'm surprised no one has flipped out because of how awesome this post was.

Jason Richards

duck-foot wrote:

- Apocalypse Plagues
- S.D.C. firearms

are these SDC firearms futureistic or will we all be using M-16's ( i want my XM-8 dagnabit)

I know better than to get too specific and try to detail to the last iota what weapons will or won't be around 100 years from now. :)

The Weapons section is over 7 pages, with 4300+ words. Civilian, Illegal/Restricted, and Special all get time, plus information on gun laws and weapon availability.

The Galactus Kid

The Galactus Kid wrote:
Jason Richards wrote:The Rifter stuff will be official. It's basically a preview of Psychic Storm. I think it will do a good job of filling the psionics gap in the game until Psychic Storm is written and published, which is at least a couple of years away I would guess.

I'm surprised no one has flipped out because of how awesome this post was.

I'm still surprised...

Jason Richards

Finishing this dang Psychics article tonight, one way or another.

Jason Richards

duck-foot wrote:crack to it slave. no food or rest until your done

You'll have it in a week. It's in Rifter #50, which ships on the 12th. :)

barna10
Hero
Comment: Started playing Palladium in 1990.

Unread post by barna10 »

lol...done in 2010...published in TBD

Return to “Rifts®: Chaos Earth™”