fall of norad

Chaos Earth is here & now. Let the Chaos ensue.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

kevarin
Adventurer

fall of norad

Unread post by kevarin »

i just used this new adventure as an introduction to chaos earht and the
mdc damage system to my nephews and man was it a blast

i didnt explain the diffrences in damage to them befor the secion started
and all they had played up to this point was heroes unlimted so when the
fight with penta demon got going it was funny as hell but some basic info

they were all usaf special forces soldiers ooc
there starting gear was a p101 ,and 2 had mip-21 ion pistols and 2 had plp-20
laser pistols and 2 plasma gernades ,and a vibro-sword and knife

on the p101 i had them starting with 5 clips of ammo 3 regular and 2 explosive
and 5 e-clips for there pistols

did a few of the rescue opps in the begining of the adventure then came the rupture
and the battle with the penta demon

i wish i had taken a picture of my nephews faces whe3n they started shooting at the
thing and there bullets just fell and hit the floor no damage

they actually went a few rounds in a vibro sword fight with it befor one thought to try
there pistol or change there ammo to explosive rounds then it didnt take long to take the
penta demon out then came the dino spiders they were more prepared for this fight
and they did good two of them took out one spider while the other two were kept busy
then they double teamed the last two spiders after the first one died

we didnt get to finish it tho bed time for the kids but they had a blast

and the new gear and weapons were really good think the P101 is going to make it in to my
rifts game as a new black market weapon

well this is what i got done on a trip in to norad anyone else try it out yet ?
http://kevarin.deviantart.com/# my little attempt to add some color to the Palladium world

My gun does 4d6x1000 MD! There's no way this guy is gonna survive.
-- Famous Last Words of Rifts Players
Lt Gargoyle
Champion
Comment: Well men if we're going to die, then let us die with honor.

Re: fall of norad

Unread post by Lt Gargoyle »

it is good to see that you are getting the younger player into it, and keeping them excited. It sounds like you had fun as well, and that is all that is important.
Well men if we are destine to die, let us die with honor

If all of your wishes are granted then many of your dreams will be destroyed.

The final form of a person character lies in their own hands

Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

Sounds like you all had a lot of fun! That is the most important thing. That everyone including the gm had fun. That is the way I like to run a game. Of course making the game challenging is also important.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Astral_Explorer
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Astral_Explorer »

I really liked this adventure as well.
I like when I see Chaos Earth Stuff in Rifters it always adds interesting things I can use for my games.
Sadly my Postman thought it was ok to fold the hard cardboard envelope it came in. Trying to pin it between heavy books to straighten the damage.

Glad you guys had a good time in that I am seeing what I can adopt into my Chaos Earth game, the Dino Spiders are a deffinate and the void demon thing looks promising as well.
Proud Member of the Coalition States Postal Service !!!

NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

The NORAD article was pretty sweet!
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
kevarin
Adventurer

Unread post by kevarin »

my iner munchkin got to thinking lastnight and came up with an idea

take the new silent soldier samas from rifter 47 and add the jamming system
from the wild weasel samas from rifts new west to it

think that would be one mean first strike / special forces samas suit
http://kevarin.deviantart.com/# my little attempt to add some color to the Palladium world

Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Unread post by Ziggurat the Eternal »

kevarin wrote:my iner munchkin got to thinking lastnight and came up with an idea

take the new silent soldier samas from rifter 47 and add the jamming system
from the wild weasel samas from rifts new west to it

think that would be one mean first strike / special forces samas suit

:shock: A new SAMAS I MUST HAVE> DO WANT>
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.
kevarin
Adventurer

Unread post by kevarin »

not just one new samas but two
the U.S.A.F silent soldier power armor
not sure if this is samas or not but its got wings
and a thrusters like one so i call it a samas

and the U.S.A.F samas griffin interceptor

and a early version of the cs sky cycle

and a few interesting weapons and armor the new p95 and p101
are some nice weapons and the new armor suits are pretty good

Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

kevarin wrote:not just one new samas but two
the U.S.A.F silent soldier power armor
not sure if this is samas or not but its got wings
and a thrusters like one so i call it a samas

and the U.S.A.F samas griffin interceptor

and a early version of the cs sky cycle

and a few interesting weapons and armor the new p95 and p101
are some nice weapons and the new armor suits are pretty good

I must buy this rifter NOW.
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.
Aramanthus
Monk

After hearing that about those new vehicles I'm dying for that book. Hopefully it shows up tomorrow.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Hopefully I get some more money.

keir451
Champion
Comment: We came, We saw, We kicked it's butt!!-P. Venkman
My real physics defeats your quasi physics!!!

Unread post by keir451 »

Which Rifter is this in?
My real world Physics defeats your Quasi-Physics!!!
Bubblegum Crisis, best anime/sci-fi/ for totally hot babes in Power Armor.!!!!
Magic. Completely screws logic at every opportunity. (credit due to Ilendaver)
Astral_Explorer
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Astral_Explorer »

#47 the latest one :D
Proud Member of the Coalition States Postal Service !!!

Aramanthus
Monk

My FLGS still hasn't recieved it. Hopefully on Friday!

HH....FIE
Lord Death
Explorer

Unread post by Lord Death »

that make 2 of us

My FLGS still hasn't recieved it. Hopefully on Friday!
ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

Unread post by ZINO »

in rifter #47 do they have new S.A.M.A.S. power armors with pictures?!?!
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

Unread post by ZINO »

thank you man

well i hope they put a picture of the silent soldier some where
Last edited by ZINO on Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
kevarin
Adventurer

Unread post by kevarin »

have a pic for the griffin interceptor
and the sky hawk rocket bike

no pic of the silent soldier

Aramanthus
Monk

I have it now. All I can say that they are cool! Looking for the next section of the article.

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

That is one wicked power armor. I agree.

HH....FIE
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

This was one of the better Rifters in my opinion. The NORAD article was well balanced, and can easily be used right off the bat in Chaos Earth, or with minimal modification in Rifts. The Cargo Cults article was a bit odd, but I kinda liked it.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
Aramanthus
Monk

That was a very interesting article. (Cargo cults that is.) But the Norad one is going to provide some serious new material for my players.

HH....FIE
keir451
Champion
Comment: We came, We saw, We kicked it's butt!!-P. Venkman
My real physics defeats your quasi physics!!!

Unread post by keir451 »

I disagree w/some of the statements, specifically; "Though few nations possessed Mega-Damage capable weapons and armor at the time..." It is stated that nearly every nation on earth had MD tech by that time. The US, Germany, all of Europe, England, Russia, China, Mexico, Japan, Canada, some South American countries, Egypt and probably South Africa as well, all these countries are listed as having MD tech, that means that ALL the big countries, all the major players in the world had equivalent tech (esp. if there was a new cold war going on). I love the Silent Soldier PA, but don't like the set up for the Griffin SAMAS's main weapon, mainly 'cause SAMAS don't fly 'flat'. I replace the USAF Forces w/ primarily Army Forces, NEMA soldiers and 'some' Air Farce (I'm Navy, so that's what we called them :P ), but those are my personal preferances, the adventure itself is GREAT!!! :ok: Since there are no plans available for the other floors I am using base floor plans from old Robotech supplements, and, so far, no gripes. It is definitely a good way to introduce new players to the setting!!! From there you can jump to any world using the DVG as your gateway to the Megaverse!!!!
My score is... :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: four thumbs up!!!
My real world Physics defeats your Quasi-Physics!!!
Bubblegum Crisis, best anime/sci-fi/ for totally hot babes in Power Armor.!!!!
Magic. Completely screws logic at every opportunity. (credit due to Ilendaver)
Aramanthus
Monk

I play it with all nations on Pre-Rifts Earth having MDC stuff.

HH....FIE
jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Unread post by jedi078 »

I am in the middle of running this module as a PbP on RPOL. I split my PA/robot pilots from the infantry/grunt types for the last part. The PA/robot pilots formed the core of the diversion team, and the infantry/grunt types formed the core of the repair team.

Currently it looks like the DVG repair team isn't going to make it out since the diversion team used demolition to collapse several of the smaller corridors. This was planned by diversion team leader so the demon hordes would be funneled up the main corridor. About to be overrun the diversion team fired into the ceiling of the main corridor to stop the endless waves of demons. After doing 2256 MDC to the ceiling they collapsed it. So now the repair team is mostly cut off, and there is no radio contact with them. ... The diversion team could dismount from their PA/robots and go into the service tunnels. But they only have light armor/weapons and the team leader knows that they would last very long.

After I complete the Fall of NORAD module the PC's will have to 'Escape from NORAD' and fight/make their way to the surface.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
MikelAmroni
Hero

Unread post by MikelAmroni »

jedi078 wrote:I am in the middle of running this module as a PbP on RPOL. I split my PA/robot pilots from the infantry/grunt types for the last part. The PA/robot pilots formed the core of the diversion team, and the infantry/grunt types formed the core of the repair team.

Currently it looks like the DVG repair team isn't going to make it out since the diversion team used demolition to collapse several of the smaller corridors. This was planned by diversion team leader so the demon hordes would be funneled up the main corridor. About to be overrun the diversion team fired into the ceiling of the main corridor to stop the endless waves of demons. After doing 2256 MDC to the ceiling they collapsed it. So now the repair team is mostly cut off, and there is no radio contact with them. ... The diversion team could dismount from their PA/robots and go into the service tunnels. But they only have light armor/weapons and the team leader knows that they would last very long.

After I complete the Fall of NORAD module the PC's will have to 'Escape from NORAD' and fight/make their way to the surface.

Yeah, best laid plans that went all to hell in the face of overwhelming numbers. Ah well, my officer gets to make out alive (maybe), so it isn't ALL bad. :)
"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)

ImageImage
jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Unread post by jedi078 »

MikelAmroni wrote:Yeah, best laid plans that went all to hell in the face of overwhelming numbers. Ah well, my officer gets to make out alive (maybe), so it isn't ALL bad. :)

The DVG repair team can still survive. Lets just hope they don't run outta ammo...
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985

Return to “Rifts®: Chaos Earth™”