Itero the Gation

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

KillWatch
Champion

Itero the Gation

Unread post by KillWatch »

OK so how do others handle this skill?

According to the book, to my understanding, I fyou have the skill you can get answers. The skill seems to be geared for PC V NPC only. The reasion I say this is because if Privat Nerdling the supervillain of massive exponenets gets the Punisher in a locked room he can get whatever information he wanted, number of kills, hideouts, etc with a simple roll. Now I am going to ASSUME that the actuall usage of the skill may take an hour but the book doesn't say anything about that either. No skill for resist interrogation so do they spill it with a simple roll?

If a villain wants to know the location of the PCs Hideouts or other secrets, and he succeeds in his roll, does the PC simply spill it? According to the book and my reading of it, then yes. Anything villian wants to know with a roll he can get. There aren't even guidelines as to how much information is one can get. Again I assume that it is only regarding the specific question at hand but that can bleed into other areas all together,...

So, how do you work it?
The entire experiment may ultimately not work. But as Tiger Woods tears into the springbok, his mouth crimson with blood, he looks to have all the makings of a natural-born killer.
KillWatch
Champion

Unread post by KillWatch »

Ijust don't think it's very well thought out

I've created so many bandaid it's almost a whole new game
Spot to counter Prowl
And I use the Success=Penalty method and have been for years. I also allow skills to go beyond 100% for this and other reasons up to IQx10%

but it still doesn't answer the questin of the Interrogation problem
The entire experiment may ultimately not work. But as Tiger Woods tears into the springbok, his mouth crimson with blood, he looks to have all the makings of a natural-born killer.
cyber-yukongil v2.5
Sosyourfacist
Comment: This space for rent. Inquire within!

Unread post by cyber-yukongil v2.5 »

Interrogation: With this skill the character can coerce, beguile or force another person to divulge important information or secrets. This skill usage receives a special penalty equal to 2x the opposing character M.E. attribute. The GM should use discretion when assigning penalties or bonuses to interrogation attempts based on the situation.
Secondary (25+5%): A stern parent or school official especially successful at drawing out confessions from their young wards typically have this level of skill. Beginning trial attorneys may also possess this level of proficiency. With a successful skill roll this character can coerce another character to divulge information. This character can use the following methods of interrogation to aid in their interrogation attempt; Fear +8%, torture +10%, seduction/befriending +3%, trickery +3% and bribery +5%. Interrogation attempts take this character 45 + the opponents M.E.x2 in minutes.
OCC Related (35+5%): A successful, though small time trial lawyer, typically possess this level of skill. As do many street police and low level investigators. This character is now proficient in the use of special devices and chemicals to aid in interrogation methods, receiving 1 ½ times their normal bonus to such procedures. This character can also read tell-tell signs indicating that another character is lying or concealing the truth and receives a +2% per level bonus to their Awareness score when dealing with such. This character is now more proficient in using the following methods of interrogation to aid in their interrogation attempts; Fear +15%, torture +20%, seduction/befriending +5%, trickery +5% and bribery +8%. Each Interrogation attempt takes this character 30 + 1 ½ the opponents M.E. in minutes.
OCC (50+5%): A legendary trial lawyer or top police investigator possesses this level of training as well as military interrogators and are well versed in all manner of methods, techniques and interrogation devices. This character is a master at implementing interrogation devices and drugs into an interrogation, receiving twice the normal bonus for using such equipment. This character now receives +4% per level bonus when trying to discern when someone is lying or trying to conceal the truth. This character has mastered the following methods of interrogation; Fear +25%, torture +35%, seduction/befriending +10%, trickery +10% and bribery +15%. Interrogations attempts take this character 10 + opponents M.E. in minute.

this is the new version of the skill I use in my RIFTS games, I totally redid the skill system, but you could use something like this altered a little bit to fit with the standard palladium system
"A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill." ~ Heinlein

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations. ~some unnamed joker
devillin
Adventurer

Unread post by devillin »

Wow.
Just, Wow.
There's nothing more I can say. This post has just changed how I'm going to allow PC interrogations for now on. No more chopping off body parts and automatically expecting answers now. Cool.

I'd love to see what the rest of your rewrites look like. Made any sense of the new Mecha Piloting and Combat skills yet?
Moderator 3 of 6, Rec.Games.Mecha Newsgroup for Robot Games Discussion.
10th Lyran Guards, The Revenants.
jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Unread post by jedi078 »

Interrogation at its very basic form is figuring out if the person your questioning is lying. If they are lying you continue to question them, but change the wording of the questions. Eventfully if they are lying the interrogator will be able to confront the person being questioned.

Since I have players versus players in my Robotech game I made up something real quick for RPing interrogations:

Every time your asked a question roll a 1d100 and if you get above the interrogators skill percentage minus your ME attribute (I’ll let you know what you have to roll) you can answer however you want (lie, tell the truth, be a smartass etc), and the integrator(s) do not know if it is a lie. But if you fail the interrogator will know if you are lying to him/her. Also if the interrogator fails their interrogation roll they WILL not be able to tell if your lying or not, unless your being a smartass.

You don't have to roll for everything BTW, so if asked you name and you just want to tell them go ahead.

If you begin to be tortured the same applies but when you fail you HAVE to tell the truth!

Once you fail a number of times beyond you ME attribute you can no longer resist the torture, and your interrogator will know if you’re lying.

For example: If the interrogator skill percentage is at 98% and your ME is 10, you have to roll above an 88% or the interrogator will know if your lying, if you decide to do so. Once torture begins and you fail 10 times you can no longer resist the torture and will always tell the truth.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
cyber-yukongil v2.5
Sosyourfacist
Comment: This space for rent. Inquire within!

Unread post by cyber-yukongil v2.5 »

devillin wrote:Wow.
Just, Wow.
There's nothing more I can say. This post has just changed how I'm going to allow PC interrogations for now on. No more chopping off body parts and automatically expecting answers now. Cool.

I'd love to see what the rest of your rewrites look like. Made any sense of the new Mecha Piloting and Combat skills yet?

I assume that was directed towards me. Well I'm finally finishing up the rest of them and when I'm done, I'll post something in this forum saying such, and anyone interested can PM me for a copy.
"A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill." ~ Heinlein

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations. ~some unnamed joker
devillin
Adventurer

Unread post by devillin »

cyber-yukongil v2.5 wrote:I assume that was directed towards me. Well I'm finally finishing up the rest of them and when I'm done, I'll post something in this forum saying such, and anyone interested can PM me for a copy.

Yup. Definately add me to that list.
Moderator 3 of 6, Rec.Games.Mecha Newsgroup for Robot Games Discussion.
10th Lyran Guards, The Revenants.

Return to “G.M.s Forum”