Making a Psi-stalker Cyberknight

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

darthauthor
Hero

Making a Psi-stalker Cyberknight

Unread post by darthauthor »

Making a Psi-Stalker Cyberknight.

Just add the psionic powers of: Psi-Sword, Psi-Shield and mediation?

Keep 6 psionic sensitive powers and all Psi-Stalker abilities.

Take OCC skills and OCC related skills?

Could / would they use TW devices?

Atlantean Tattoos?

Figured a Psi-Stalker Cyberknight would make a great crusader against supernatural demons like vampires, devils, and other beings such as Xiticix.

Maybe have a Dog Boy squire / apprentice.

Please advice
green.nova343
Adventurer

Re: Making a Psi-stalker Cyberknight

Unread post by green.nova343 »

I'm...not 100% sure that can be done. I've checked in the usual spots -- RUE, WB13, WB23 -- & haven't found anything indicating that Psi-Stalkers have any other choices for their "O.C.C." than the CS "Civilized" or non-CS "Feral" options. Remember, they aren't "mutants" the way other human psychics are (i.e. have psionic abilities but are otherwise 100% human), their mutations are much more extensive (baldness, for example, being a physiological trait for them vs. a cultural/personal preference). Note, for example, their greatly-reduced needs for physical nourishment, but dependence upon PPE consumption.

Now, granted...WB13 (Lone Star) talks about "Free Born" Dog Boys that can pick other OCCs. Although it does say that Lord Coake is rumored to have trained three Dog Boys to become full Cyber-Knights, even 50% of the Free Born still get a "traditional" Dog Boy set of skills (just trained by someone else like a parent rather than from the Coalition), & their other choices land solidly in the Men-at-Arms & Scholars/Adventurers categories without involving other psychic types (& mage types are a big no-no).

That being said...SoT 4 does specifically say Psi-Stalkers make up 3% of all Cyber-Knights on Rifts Earth. As to how I would handle it, I would combine the rules in SoT4 & RUE:
  • Going by the chart, they can automatically choose the "Master Psychic" option, but it replaces all of their normal power selections (including ISP base calculation & future power selections). Their innate abilities are still there, but I would recommend that their normal tracking percentage skills have a -25% penalty applied. As an option, at 1st level I would limit them to only 6 Healing/Sensitive/Physical powers (no other Supers), to allow them to keep their innate abilities unchecked. This is because they are essentially "untraining" their natural abilities to follow the regimented Cyber-Knight training. If that's too restrictive...
  • As another option, they can select the "non-psychic" option. Their ISP base is as per normal Psi-Stalkers, with an additional +1D4 per level (GM's choice if they can add their ME attribute again), & they get the 3 common Cyber-Knight psionics (Create Psi-Sword, Create Psi-Shield, & Meditation), but they select their 6 Sensitive powers as normal, & their tracking/sensing abilities are unaffected.
  • Regardless of which option you pick, the Psi-Stalker Cyber-Knight will triple their base PPE (or add +4D6 to what they already rolled). This is because of the Cyber-Knight training, regardless of which path they chose. Also, skill selections will be as per the Cyber-Knight.
darthauthor
Hero

Thanks green.nova343

I prefer the idea of a Psi-stalker who keeps their abilities rather than is completely remade.

I tried to create a psi-stalker Cyberknight with flavor and backstory. An cyberknight who joined a Psi-stalker tribe to fight the Xiticix. After a year they are accepted by the tribe. Asks permission and receives a blessing to train a psi-stalker youth in the ways of the Cyberknights to help the cause.

Cyberknight spends 10 years training their apprentice while fighting along side the tribe and aiding them in non-combat ways.

The apprentice psi-stalker cyberknight is trained in skill selections that Almost 1 for 1 overlap the Wild Psi-stalkers OCC skills.
Detect Ambush
Prowl
Climb
Horsemenship: Cyberknight instead of Horsemenship: Cowboy
Land Navigation
Tracking
etc
Differences in percentages but the skills are the same. Basically, the tribe and apprentice were sold on the idea they did not have to give up being a psi-stalker and loyality to the tribe to be a good cyberknight. They need all the help they can get with the Xiticix. They are after all, potentially a lifeform that will over-run and eradicate all non-Xiticix life on Rifts Earth. They would never have to leave the tribe except in service to its survival and goals (Minion War, Slavers Splugorth and otherwise taking people and Xiticix, etc).
green.nova343
Adventurer

darthauthor wrote:Thanks green.nova343

I prefer the idea of a Psi-stalker who keeps their abilities rather than is completely remade.

I tried to create a psi-stalker Cyberknight with flavor and backstory. An cyberknight who joined a Psi-stalker tribe to fight the Xiticix. After a year they are accepted by the tribe. Asks permission and receives a blessing to train a psi-stalker youth in the ways of the Cyberknights to help the cause.

Cyberknight spends 10 years training their apprentice while fighting along side the tribe and aiding them in non-combat ways.

The apprentice psi-stalker cyberknight is trained in skill selections that Almost 1 for 1 overlap the Wild Psi-stalkers OCC skills.
Detect Ambush
Prowl
Climb
Horsemenship: Cyberknight instead of Horsemenship: Cowboy
Land Navigation
Tracking
etc
Differences in percentages but the skills are the same. Basically, the tribe and apprentice were sold on the idea they did not have to give up being a psi-stalker and loyality to the tribe to be a good cyberknight. They need all the help they can get with the Xiticix. They are after all, potentially a lifeform that will over-run and eradicate all non-Xiticix life on Rifts Earth. They would never have to leave the tribe except in service to its survival and goals (Minion War, Slavers Splugorth and otherwise taking people and Xiticix, etc).

I would too, which is why I'd lean towards them getting the "non-psychic" option in terms of getting the 3 abilities that all Cyber-Knights get to have. I'd consider limiting the "replace their abilities" option only for orphaned Psi-Stalkers that are raised by a non-Psi-Stalker Cyber-Knight -- & even then, I could see other Psi-Stalker tribes getting a little miffed about some "hoo-man" raising a Psi-Stalker on his/her own.
darthauthor
Hero

Same with Dog Boys?
green.nova343
Adventurer

darthauthor wrote:Same with Dog Boys?

Probably, although they're probably a little more flexible (at least in the skill selection), although again we supposedly can only confirm 3 personally trained by Lord Coake.

I'd say still steer them towards the "non-psychic" Cyber-Knight (leaving them with their stock psychic abilities), & if they "retrain" their psychic abilities, then their actual psionics would get selected like a psychic Cyber-Knight, but I would penalize their innate psychic-based tracking abilities.

To be honest, I'd probably do the same thing for anyone trying to combine a regular psychic R.C.C./O.C.C. with the Cyber-Knight: you're either just getting the 3 base Cyber-Knight abilities on top of your regular abilities, or you essentially convert your unique psychic RCC abilities over to the Cyber-Knight; for example, someone trying to combine Burster with Cyber-Knight I'd say, "you get the powers that non-psychic Cyber-Knights get", & if they insisted they wanted to "combine them then Id' say, "Fine, roll on the psychic chart under Cyber-Knight...but your ISP base is what's listed for the Cyber-Knight, & you don't get psychic abilities later...now, do you want half normal percentages/range for Burster powers #1-6, or do you want to have to spend double the listed ISP on them?".
jackwilliam1
Newb

Unread post by jackwilliam1 »

Creating a Psi-Stalker Cyberknight is an interesting concept in the context of the Rifts role-playing game by Palladium Books. Here are some insights and considerations:

1. Psi-Sword, Psi-Shield, and Meditation: These are excellent choices for a Psi-Stalker Cyberknight. Psi-Sword and Psi-Shield provide valuable psionic combat abilities, and Meditation can enhance your focus and psionic power regeneration.

2. Psionic Sensitive Powers: Choosing 6 psionic sensitive powers is a solid idea, as it gives your character a range of psychic abilities to complement their Psi-Stalker skills.

3. Psi-Stalker Abilities: Keeping all Psi-Stalker abilities is crucial, as they define the character's unique traits, such as heightened senses and psionic sensitivity.

4. OCC Skills: Incorporating skills from your Psi-Stalker and Cyberknight Occupational Character Classes is a smart way to ensure your character excels in both psionic and combat-related areas.

5. TW Devices: Psi-Stalkers generally have a strong aversion to Techno-Wizardry (TW) and are unable to use TW devices due to their psychic nature. However, as this is a custom concept, you could consult with your game master to see if there's a way to work around this limitation in your campaign.

6. Atlantean Tattoos: Including Atlantean Tattoos could be a unique aspect of your character's background or story, but it should be discussed with your GM, as it might require special permission or a backstory that justifies their presence.

7. Crusader Role: A Psi-Stalker Cyberknight would indeed make a formidable crusader against supernatural beings like vampires, devils, and Xiticix. Your combination of psychic and combat abilities should prove effective against such foes.

8. Dog Boy Squire/Apprentice: Having a Dog Boy as a squire or apprentice adds depth to your character's story and can create interesting role-playing opportunities. It's a great choice if it fits your character's background and motivations.

Remember to work closely with your game master to ensure your character concept aligns with the campaign's setting and rules. Rifts is known for its flexibility, so creative character ideas are often encouraged.
darthauthor
Hero

Thanks for the input jackwilliam1

I am writing about such a character in my story "Cerberus."

She refuses to use TW devices.
Is the leader of a platoon of Dog Boys who thought they were abandoned after a little toxic leadership and a lot of neglect.

I basically did all the ideas you stated.
Fenris2020
Adventurer
Comment: Go woke, go broke.

Unread post by Fenris2020 »

For Psi-stalkers, I ignore the rules in RUE.
Aside from that, they'd get the ps-sword and shield, and meditation added on to their other pre-existing abilities.
You are a truly worthy foe! I shall howl a dirge in your honour and eat your heart with pride!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Fenris2020 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:02 pm For Psi-stalkers, I ignore the rules in RUE.
Aside from that, they'd get the ps-sword and shield, and meditation added on to their other pre-existing abilities.
Agrees with the above.
They would get the PK skills set.

They would not get, of their own accord, rifts style magic tattoos.
They are naturally psychic mutant humans, & intuitively know how to use TW magic items.

To have a minion of any sort would require someone to play said minion. Ether another player or the GM as a NPC.
Note: NPC minions can be notoriously stupid in their actions.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “G.M.s Forum”