Tengu Automatic Leap Dodge:

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

Tengu Automatic Leap Dodge:

Unread post by Mouser13 »

A big weird says it automatic but then says cost attack can be used indefinitely. :?

Not sure how i rule it a leaning it automatic but can be used to dodge upto 3 attacks per parry rules.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Tengu Automatic Leap Dodge:

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Back when the Japan book was written, the Rifts Auto Dodge still ate up an attack. (as it says in the text)

It looks like if you don't stop the leap dodging it only costs one APM per melee.

Maybe PB should put out a updating pamphlet for the older world-/source-books. And have the new updated text in the new printings.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Tengu Automatic Leap Dodge:

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Mouser13 wrote:A big weird says it automatic but then says cost attack can be used indefinitely. :?

Not sure how i rule it a leaning it automatic but can be used to dodge upto 3 attacks per parry rules.

It means you spend 1 attack to activate Automatic Leap Dodge, but once activated it lasts for the rest of the round and lets you do leap dodges without using attacks.

Activation cost, not per-dodge cost.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon

Return to “G.M.s Forum”