Looking For a Good Starter Adventure Aussie Style.

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

SirSpamHammer
Explorer

Looking For a Good Starter Adventure Aussie Style.

Unread post by SirSpamHammer »

I been skimming through the Australian World book reading it in parts, and notice it's missing a adventure hooks section. I'm pretty sure it doesn't have one unless I missed it. Would like to know if it does.....

Or any adventure ideas that are easy to adapt to Rifts Australian landscape.
dreicunan
Hero

Re: Looking For a Good Starter Adventure Aussie Style.

Unread post by dreicunan »

Roadgangers killed your pet wallaby and now you are going to use a souped up 1973 Ford XB Falcon GT 351 to get your revenge on them. :wink:
Axelmania wrote:You of course, being the ultimate authority on what is an error and what is not.
Declared the ultimate authority on what is an error and what is not by Axelmania on 5.11.19.
SirSpamHammer
Explorer

dreicunan wrote:Roadgangers killed your pet wallaby and now you are going to use a souped up 1973 Ford XB Falcon GT 351 to get your revenge on them. :wink:

A 1973 Ford XB Falcon GT 351, I guess that would be very hard to come in Rifts Australia. Maybe hard to come by in Real Life.
dreicunan
Hero

Unread post by dreicunan »

SirSpamHammer wrote:
dreicunan wrote:Roadgangers killed your pet wallaby and now you are going to use a souped up 1973 Ford XB Falcon GT 351 to get your revenge on them. :wink:

A 1973 Ford XB Falcon GT 351, I guess that would be very hard to come in Rifts Australia. Maybe hard to come by in Real Life.

As far as I am concerned, player characters should always be able to find a Pursuit Special somewhere in Rifts: Australia. I wouldn't be surprised if a company started making MDC versions of them towards the end of the Golden Age to appeal to rich people looking to get their Mad Max on, if you need more justification than the rule of cool. 8)
Axelmania wrote:You of course, being the ultimate authority on what is an error and what is not.
Declared the ultimate authority on what is an error and what is not by Axelmania on 5.11.19.
Kraynic
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Kraynic »

Well, maybe they killed your pet wallaby and stole your car. Now, you can turn your character into John Wick instead of Mad Max. Whatever... :p
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

Well, for sure take a gander at any of the 3 Mad Max Movies (Mad Max, Mad Max II, and Fury Road. Don't believe anyone telling you otherwise......). But also check out, The Rover. Another road going Aussie flick, with Guy Pearce as the lead. It's set in an early post apocalypse, in that it's 10 years after a global economic collapse. Like Mad Max, there is still some semblance of 'law', but it's pretty much ineffectual. It's full on, and doesn't pull any punches.

And from a film making perspective, it was filmed in a 'town' that has a population of around 10. That's ten. They actually extended the town with shells of buildings, and got the residents to fill out the rest of the actors for the movie. It does have the sparkly vampire himself, Robert Patterson, in it as the main support actor. Don't let that turn you away, this movie really makes him bring out his acting chops.
Eureka!
I Want Rifts : Australia II & III...!!
SirSpamHammer
Explorer

I seen that one.....Another movie that might be considered is "The Cars That Ate Paris." Not actually, a post apocalypse movie, but a road movie one set in the fictional town of Paris in rural Australia. You might be forgiven for thinking it's set after some Apocalypse. There's also "Welcome to Woop-Woop" some strange rural town that people never are able to leave.

Return to “G.M.s Forum”