HU Aerial Combat - Stunts

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Bill
Megaversal® Ambassador

HU Aerial Combat - Stunts

Unread post by Bill »

HU2, p87 describes the consequences of failing a stunt, but offers no suggestion at benefits for attempting one. What should the incentive for trying a difficult and creative maneuver be?
bobharly
Explorer

Re: HU Aerial Combat - Stunts

Unread post by bobharly »

Bragging rights! We are talking about an amazing performance right? Why else do people go to aerial shows, but in anticipation that something could go wrong... which inevitably it does. Blue Angels anyone?

I'm not familiar with the book, but it was my first thought. People sometimes do something for intrinsic value and not for function.
Bill
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Bill »

Upon further reading, a stunt forces an opponent in the dog-tail position to spend an action and roll to maintain dog-tail. It's implied, but not explicitly stated, that a stunt can be used to automatically take the dog-tail without shaking off an opponent that is in it already. That's a pretty decent effect, but the consequences of failure seem out of proportion to the benefits. I may need to adjust it to encourage greater risk-taking on the part of my players.
Ice Dragon
Hero

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

Depending on the flight level, the character may have a second chance to save the plan or punch out.
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)

Return to “G.M.s Forum”