Rifts and Anime

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

curb
D-Bee

Rifts and Anime

Unread post by curb »

I don't know if anyone has brought up this idea before, but Rifts would be great for an Anime Inspired Campaign. As I attend cons with TableTopGenerals, mostly gaming cons, we often have the chance to run a pick up game of Rifts with premades. As I'll be attending an Anime Con in about a month or so, I was thinking about doing an Anime Style campaign. There are alot to pull from and lets face it, the Rifts universe would be able to kick out a dozen Anime series just based around the CS alone.

I am thinking about running a Power Armor premade game. Something along the lines of new team PA pilots who are on their first assignment and the trouble they get into.
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Re: Rifts and Anime

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

Team tactics are great for a power armor romp. Encourage working to draw fire while the others aim shots.

As far as "anime" goes, what were you thinking of including? Cat girls? The power armor has implied personality and determination? They're a rogue unit with impossible body proportions that somehow are really the most skilled in the service? Or the power armor are just the action candy, but really it's a love triangle story?
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Re: Rifts and Anime

Unread post by eliakon »

A huge part of making a game 'anime' rather than 'hard sci fi' or 'space opera' or what ever is the tropes that you have in play.
With out the animation, it can be helpful to have pictures of PCs, NPCs etc.... if you make sure that all the pictures you have are culled from the same artistic style of anime it can go a long way to setting a mood.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Return to “G.M.s Forum”