Dragons, Rifts Japan, metamorph power question

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jerell
Hero

Dragons, Rifts Japan, metamorph power question

Unread post by Jerell »

While reading over the dragons in Rifts Japan, I noticed there was no mention of having metamorphosis powers. However it also does not say they do not have it, like all the dragons that's don't have metamorphosis from Dragons and Gods.

As GM, I'm leaning towards calling the Rifts Japan Dragons can use the standard dragon metamorphosis, since all the other ones that don't have the power seem to specifically state they don't in their descriptions. Thoughts, comments or interpretations gents?
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Re: Dragons, Rifts Japan, metamorph power question

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

I would go with they can shape change. There are enough old tales of shapechanging everything from Japan's folktales.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

I looked at WB (review) and SoT6 (2 Japanese Dragon NPCs) and I would have to say that they do not have metamorphosis like other Dragon species as the only NPCs I know of, did not recton it in. It should be noted though that the Japanese Dragons can adjust their size. Nothing prevents them from learning metamorphosis by magic spell/ritual.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Jerell wrote:While reading over the dragons in Rifts Japan, I noticed there was no mention of having metamorphosis powers. However it also does not say they do not have it, like all the dragons that's don't have metamorphosis from Dragons and Gods.

As GM, I'm leaning towards calling the Rifts Japan Dragons can use the standard dragon metamorphosis, since all the other ones that don't have the power seem to specifically state they don't in their descriptions. Thoughts, comments or interpretations gents?

They have the same standard shapeshifting the rifts main book says all dragons have because...they are dragons and the core rulebook says they have it. the lack of copy-paste does not mean they were intended to not have it, if anything we should be happy that they didn't waste space re-printed it all over again :D
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

ShadowLogan wrote:I looked at WB (review) and SoT6 (2 Japanese Dragon NPCs) and I would have to say that they do not have metamorphosis like other Dragon species as the only NPCs I know of, did not recton it in. It should be noted though that the Japanese Dragons can adjust their size. Nothing prevents them from learning metamorphosis by magic spell/ritual.

There is no need to retcon it in. the main rule book says all dragons have this basic metamorphasis ability. unless any of those entries say they do NOT have it, they do.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon

Return to “G.M.s Forum”