Upcoming projects for Phase World®

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Aramanthus
Monk

Re: Upcoming projects for Phase World®

Unread post by Aramanthus »

Thank you for the link Braden. Can you tell us if this is going to appear in you Fleets of the Three Galaxies?
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
thedrunk
Explorer
Comment: Friendly Fire™
"Combat With a Smile"
A Ensite Para-Military Corperation

Unread post by thedrunk »

Braden Campbell wrote:Hello all!

Well, as some of you may know, I have been working on the manuscript for a new Phase World book for some time now. As it nears completion, I thought I would tell a bit about it... get everyone excited and talking. Recently, Kevin gave me permission to start some hype, so here we go...

Thundercloud Galaxy
The second "galaxy book" for the Phase World setting, Thundercloud is not your typical space opera setting. This is Colonial Africa in space, complete with Galactic Game Hunters, Celebrity Explorers, and virgin territory to develop or exploit as the Player Characters see fit. Those who venture here will be swept up into the largest land grab in recorded history: the Scramble for the Thundercloud. Highlights (hopefully) will include...

* 5 new OCC's, including the Civil Engineer, Forge Cleric, and IDF Conscript
* 15 new playable species
* a detailed history of the Thundercloud Galaxy
* an in-depth look at the reasons behind the Scramble
* an interesting twist on the behaviors of the CCW and the TGE
* the UWW's terror regime
* new information about the Catyr, and the Oni
* new powers like the Kingdom of Desslyth, the Prides of Shing, and the dreaded Exodus Clusters
* the legend of Pezorjin, and of Motherhome-in-exile

AND, if that goes well, you might also see...

Corkscrew Galaxy
The third and final "galaxy book" for Palladium's Phase World setting, Corkscrew Galaxy will highlight the Cold War raging between the Consortium and the Transgalactic Empire. Knowing that a second Great War will destroy all parties involved, the superpowers fight each other through subtler means: covert actions, sabotage, assassination, and proxy wars. Highlights (hopefully) will include...

* new OCC's like the Phase World Power Armor Commando, and Galactic Security Agent
* the Consortium's answer to Invincible Guardsmen: the nano-augmented "Posts"
* secret projects and intelligence organisations
* a look at the history and Core Worlds of both the Consortium and the Transgalactic Empire
* Info on the Free World Council, its history, and political troubles ahead
* the Tail of the Corkscrew, and the powers therein

Nothing is ever written in stone, but these are the concepts I'm pitching. As I say, Thundercloud Galaxy will be submitted for consideration this Fall... and the ideas for Corkscrew are being conceived in tandem. This means that both books should flow into and compliment each other quite nicely (but you don't need one to play the other).

Anyways... I better get to work. :ok:

New stuff sounds great I lvoe PW setting......

My question is if there will be a add on book like mecr or merc opps that will list common gear and equipment, there seems to be a lack of "reagular stuff" that would be very high tech and usefull.........
"when in doubt, do it. It's much easier to appolige than to get permission."
- Admiral Grace Murray Hopper

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and im not shure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
Aramanthus
Monk

I have to admit I'm looking forward to those two books too! I'm not sure if Braden's material will include anything on other merc groupsd of the Three Galaxies setting. Only he will know that answer. Of course we could always start our own thread here in this section of the Palladium Forums. We could lay out our own Merc groups and include their forces. We could post the stats for new ships, vehicles and gear either on that thread or else on a new thread. We have a Starship thread which could be used for the new Merc starships.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
thedrunk
Explorer
Comment: Friendly Fire™
"Combat With a Smile"
A Ensite Para-Military Corperation

Unread post by thedrunk »

Aramanthus wrote:I have to admit I'm looking forward to those two books too! I'm not sure if Braden's material will include anything on other merc groupsd of the Three Galaxies setting. Only he will know that answer. Of course we could always start our own thread here in this section of the Palladium Forums. We could lay out our own Merc groups and include their forces. We could post the stats for new ships, vehicles and gear either on that thread or else on a new thread. We have a Starship thread which could be used for the new Merc starships.

sounds like a good idea, I have this PW guru helping me work on mine O,O make a post and have it orginazations of the 3 galixies..

Ok im gonna work on map more so we have a universal one and have it spread out and the places put on it
"when in doubt, do it. It's much easier to appolige than to get permission."
- Admiral Grace Murray Hopper

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and im not shure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
Aramanthus
Monk

Sounds good to me. I'd love to see the universal set of maps.

HH....FIE
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Yes Map needs to be in both books showing the specific territory of each Power Block.
Aramanthus
Monk

I know that a map including the major power blocks would be nice to see. I'm sure we'll see it soon enough.

HH....FIE
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

What do you think about of people who do not follow all the canon info in the Phase world,s books like for example lets say I think the canon size of the CCW and TGE are two big,so I cut down ther Populations too 5 trillion for CCW and 4 trillon for TGE,the majorty of both of ther Populations live in Corkscrew,they have only a few Billions living in the Other two galaxies,I like each galaxy to have ther own powers blocs.

Tell me what do you think about that?
Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

I think if it fits in with your particular game, Gaby, then :ok:

Again, as much as I sometimes wish I didn't have to, as a Palladium writer I MUST follow what has been previously establihsed. Individual Game Masters and Players are free to pick and choose as they please.
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
Aramanthus
Monk

Which is fine by me. Then each GM can customize our own games.

HH....FIE
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

I hope that the spaceship creations rules in fleets,will tell the different types of power sources that can go on ships.

they need to tell,that each power sources have a different FTL speed limited like a M/AM system will be much faster then FTL powered by Fusion.

this is one of the things the Big Power blocks Like the CCW and TGE will not share with independent ones.

What do you think?
Braden Campbell

I think you're in for a diasappointment.

To say that I wrote some "creation rules" would be misleading. What I did was to write a short essay that outlines certain commonalities all Phase World spacecraft have, sets a few vague guidlines as to how many weapons or how much cargo a ship can carry, and tell a few amusing annecdotes about my first car.

By and large, I am a lazy GM who is perfectly happy to skip gritty technical details in favour of story, sexy dames, and cool explosions... and in that same spirit did I write my manuscripts.

As far as power systems go... why would they be different when nuclear and/or anti-matter plants are standard technologies? To compare, the war machines and naval fleets of both NATO and the Soviet Union used the same fuel sources, so why not the CCW and the TGE? Really, only a handful of species that are very old or highly advanced use anything other than anti-matter (the Altess use compressed quark nuggets, for example). Otherwise, everyone in the Three Galaxies is using the same power sources in much the way everyone on Earth uses gasoline... its just a shared commonality.
Braden, GMPhD

gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

O.k I get that.
But not every one,got Nuclear.

I can't changed your mind.

But In my games M/AM will only be common for members of the CCW,TGE and FWC.

All other powers will be limited to Fusion,seeing it as Safer then M/AM.
Aramanthus
Monk

I see what Braden means and totally understand it. I see the logic too. But as many of each GMs keep saying....Just do what you want in your own game. It's important to run the game the way you want it too.

HH....FIE
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Look like the Space-pirates will get ther own Book.

So what,do you think this book will need?

I think it will show different Pirate groups,each having ther own Npc,s.

What do you think?
Braden Campbell

"Life in the Spacelane" (working title) takes a look at the people who spend their lives in space; not just Pirates, but also Runners, and Spacers. It will contain several kinds of merchant ships, pirate vessels, and the Naruni Enterprises fleet.
Braden, GMPhD

Aramanthus
Monk

That sounds like a source book? Any idea on how long it'll turn out at this time? Or is it in an initial note gathering state? Sounds pretty cool Braden!

HH....FIE
Braden Campbell

It's a compilation and expansion of the stuff that had to be cut out of Fleets. My instructions are to produce a 64 page book... and it is currently about half done.
Braden, GMPhD

Aramanthus
Monk

Cool! Sounds great! I can't wait to see it!

HH....FIE
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Good to known.

Will ther be a book that give the Millitary ranks of each Power bloc?
It will be boring if every one have the same ranks.
Aramanthus
Monk

I thought that was still going to be in the Fleets book.

HH....FIE
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

I hope so Aramanthus.

but until it comes out we will not known.
Aramanthus
Monk

Well you can always go back and reread the post Braden has on the subject. Or else we wait for him to check this thread and him chime in on that question. One way or the other I'm sure you'll get an answer that you really want to see.

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

I'd say more silver surfer than either of those two. They don't have any psionic powers. And they aren't effected by different colors. They are a cosmic powered entities like the surfer and othrs of the same sort of ilk.

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

I can see why you'd see it that way. But I'll use the Silver Surfer reasoning. Because the Cosmic Forge is something on that cosmic level entity. And I don't see it disappearing from the setting.

HH....FIE
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Do you think ther will be Npc,s Pirate gangs and Runner gangs?
What do you want to see in the ship making Rules?
What do you want to see in Feets?
Aramanthus
Monk

I'll start with the last one first Gaby. As for Feets? I think the various militaries foot soldiers are prettyy cool. Although an organizational TOE would be nice. :D I think in one of Braden's post he mentions what is expected in his book. I'll read over the how to build ships. Since I come with a lot of historical knowledge of the USN I might continue to use that for designing my ships. Simply because I like the class system of a wet navy even if it is translated to space. I know that I'm looking forward to seeing rules on pirates. And maybe some random tables to build your own pirate fleets.

HH....FIE
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

I hope so.

Do you think they will show the cover after the Nightbane book is out?
Aramanthus
Monk

I hope so! I'd really like to see the cover too! I'm sure Braden is looking forward to seeing the cover too, if he hasn't already seen a preview of it ahead of the rest of us.

HH....FIE
Braden Campbell

Nope. I'm waiting just like the rest of you.
Braden, GMPhD

Aramanthus
Monk

Rats! I was hoping you had gottena preview! I'm sure you'll enjoy the art.

HH....FIE
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Maybe after the Nightbane book is out they will show the covert of Fleets.
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

gaby wrote:Maybe after the Nightbane book is out they will show the covert of Fleets.

Write Kevin a nasty letter.

Use this as an example.

Kindest gentle soul.

I apologize for forcing your eyes to gaze upon this poorly written text, but I humbly beg your kind attention regarding the meager hopes and desires of your loyal and well meaning fans. Those the undersigned beseech your blessing and approval of a certain piece of artwork which will showcase the contents of a much anticipated sourcebook for the Phase World franchise of your publishing house.

I understand the incredible value of your limited time but would like to impart the sincere hopes and wishes of your Phase World fan base by advising you of the desire, the longing nary I say lustful need to peruse this cover artwork. I beg you do not delay long.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
Aramanthus
Monk

I bet they are just waiting to tease us with the cover for the Fleets book. They'll release it and hook anyone who has any sort of like of SciFi settings like Phase World.

HH....FIE
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Just seen, it is good.

Maybe they can show some of the inside art?
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Aramanthus wrote:I bet they are just waiting to tease us with the cover for the Fleets book. They'll release it and hook anyone who has any sort of like of SciFi settings like Phase World.

Rifts® Dimension Book™:
Fleets of the Three Galaxies™

Fleets is so much more than a book of spaceships.

Not only are there descriptions of nearly two dozen new spacecraft, there is a discussion on space fighters, a time-line for the Three Galaxies, insight and history about some of the key races and their technology, their phobias, hints at upcoming events and potential dangers, notable figures for each race, notable ship-building or high-tech locations, ranks for each fleet, and much more.

Of course, there is also a large selection of new spacecraft from fighters to dreadnoughts, ship creation guidelines, damage tables, additional space gear, discussions about Faster-Than-Light speed, FTL combat, planet-side sieges, strategies, tactics and more.

This is another great sourcebook that is going to wow and please fans. A must for anyone who loves Phase World®, the Three Galaxies™, or space opera and can be dropped into Robotech® without any modification whatsoever; plug and play.

• 17 new major spacecraft from fighters to dreadnoughts.
  • Space tugs, lifeboats and special gear.
  • Missiles and weapon systems.
  • Classification of ships and common features.
  • Spaceship creation guidelines.
  • Common strategies and tactics.
  • Random ship damage table.
  • History and insight to key fleets and races.
  • Fleet ranks, background and notable figures.
  • Three Galaxies time-line.
  • Fleet formations and notable spacecraft of the Consortium (CCW), Imperial Armada (TGE), the Warlock Navy (UWW), the Altess Armoria, the Republikan Argosy, Splugorth, and others. More than 20 different spacecraft, from fighters to cruisers and battleships.
  • And an un-advertised surprise by Kevin Siembieda.
  • A stand-alone Dimension Book suitable for use with Phase World® and other Dimension Books set in the Three Galaxies™.
  • Artwork by Mike Mumah, Mike Majestic, Brian Manning, Allen Manning, Nick Maradin and others.
  • Michael Majestic cover painting.
  • Written by Braden Campbell with additional text by Jason Marker and Kevin Siembieda.
  • 128 pages – Cat. No. 880.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Aramanthus
Monk

Again, thank you for posting this very cool cover! It's a great looking book with a heck of a lot of activety on it! Can't wait to get this one in my hands.

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

I know that I'm always looking forward to new ships. Always my favorite parts. The CAF dreadnaught is going to be very cool to see.

HH....FIE
Arnie100
Knight

Unread post by Arnie100 »

I've been wanting the Fleets book myself, for a while, too!
They can't see me...Right!?
Aramanthus
Monk

And they keep adding such nice and cool material to it! Now they have added the space magic to it! Even more fun for us!

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

LOL Funny Duck-foot. First you have to find me! I've got more than a few protective spells up! :D

HH....FIE
Braden Campbell

Well... now that Fleets of the Three Galaxies has finally been released, I thought I would update everyone on the state of my remaining Phase World- related projects. Call it Braden's to-do list, if you will.

Fleets of the Three Galaxies - available now!
Thundercloud Galaxy - manuscript submitted, slated for a 2010 release
Life in the Spacelane - pirates, Spacers, and runners. 20 pages from completion. May get a new title.
United Worlds of Warlock - writing and planning has begun... my Fall project.
Corkscrew Galaxy - just a collection of notes thus far.

Braden, GMPhD

Aramanthus
Monk

Awesome news Braden! Looks great. Any chance you'll do the other powers of the Three Galaxies? Also any chance that there will be ships those Galaxies books?

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

It would be nice to have one.

HH....FIE
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

duck-foot wrote:cool stuff branden. ever though of doing a 3g race book?

I think there is a chart to make aliens isn't there?
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
Aramanthus
Monk

I think that if you look in several different Palladium books you can find tables to help you create new races.

HH....FIE
Scorpion Leader
Explorer
Comment: "Marines We are Leaving...maybe we should Nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."

Unread post by Scorpion Leader »

Will we learn more about the CAF Discovery Corps & Scouting Corps. besides the GSA?? Will we get new Ships and O.C.C.'s for these oragaiztions? Will we get some More CAF Fleet And Marine O.C.C.'s like Special Operations (Special Forces),Medic/Doctor, and Sreach & Rescue etc..;Something more like the FWC O.C.C.'s presented in Three Galaxies.
Scorpion Leader
Explorer
Comment: "Marines We are Leaving...maybe we should Nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."

I forgot to mention will we also learn more about the Consortium Planetary Expeditions Corps.,Diplomatic Corps.(Galatic Diplomat/Ambassador O.C.C.), Space/Asteroid Miner O.C.C. and will you gives us the Promethean Phase Frigate other than the TGE Etherium as is mention in Phase World under the Description of the Star Ghost. It states that Phase World (Center)/Prometheans have Phase Frigates. in the the Fleets of the Three Galaxies post you stated that becuase in the 15 years of Phase World we have not seen them yet, so therefore they don't have them, that is not true becuase the core book says they have them, and the only reason why they haven't appeared yet is becuase of the fact they have somehow been over looked and No one has written about them yet. To follow the logic you present is to also say that the Terror Lizards mentioned under the Seljuk R.C.C. (Also it was suppose to be in the Monster & Animal Section but somehow left out. see: Seljuk R.C.C. description) in the Phase World Book don't exist ethier, for in the 15 Years the Phase World setting has been around no one has written about them yet etheir. But it is clearly written that they share the planet with the Seljuk. So if it is Possible could you include these in one of the Books your doing. It would also be nice to see a Splugorth of the Three Galaxies Source Book (a Naruni one as well) so we don't have to have the Atlantis and England Books. (I like to play primarly in the Phase World Setting now and it just doesn't seem right that be sides Rifts Ult ed. you need at least a half dozen other books not Related to the setting just to support it) Further it would be Nice to see the Mechinoids,Xiticix, Arkhons,Toogarth,Atorians & Thropo,Gene Splicers,and Riathenor make an appearence.

P.S. Has anyone ever wondered if the Minions of the Splugorth/Kittani Race and the Antorian Minions/Thropo race are Related or possibly decendents of one race that split on to diverging paths like the Fehran/Atorians, Humanoids/Mechinoiods or Vulcans/Romulans/Remans.
Last edited by Scorpion Leader on Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Braden Campbell

Diplomatic Corps... yes, in some form or another, definatly. Also, there will be more info on the CCW's spy, special forces, and super soldier programs. The rough ideas behind one of these, the nano-augmented "Post", is on these boards somewhere.

The general theme of Corkscrew Galaxy will focus on the Cold War raging between the two super powers, and how it affects everyone else.
Braden, GMPhD

Scorpion Leader
Explorer

Braden Campbell wrote:Diplomatic Corps... yes, in some form or another, definatly. Also, there will be more info on the CCW's spy, special forces, and super soldier programs. The rough ideas behind one of these, the nano-augmented "Post", is on these boards somewhere.

The general theme of Corkscrew Galaxy will focus on the Cold War raging between the two super powers, and how it affects everyone else.

Hey that's cool Branden. Can't wait to see what you have on the "Post" given the CCW/Human Alliance adversion to A.I.s, Cybernetics, Bionics and all. Will we ever get info. and stats on the Cosmic Forge, Meganaught, and Great Complexity??? Also Please don't write a book like one of the other writers did were it was a total rehash of information already given(but with the Splugorth of the Three Galaxies Sourcebook like I mentioned in my Post above being a little bit of an expection of course)and regarding a war that already happened looooong ago, and after the Main Phase World Book stated that after an extesive search of a "Said Galaxy" no traces of a "Said Ledgendary Object" of a "Said Ancient Ledgendary Extinct Race" could be found. But I myself and all Your Fans know you would never do that.
The only thing I wish is you were a little less bias about the Naruni Fire Breather Fighter and include the Naruni Star Dragon Broadsword,and Cresent Moon Space Fighters next time in the Naruni and Altess Fleets.(Ha-Ha!!)

P.S. Please see I editied my Last Post And Corrected thye Names of the Races I'd like to see make an Appearence in Phase World.
Last edited by Scorpion Leader on Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”