Dyval Inferno Familiar Help

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Achalon1
D-Bee

Dyval Inferno Familiar Help

Unread post by Achalon1 »

Hello All!

I'm looking for ideas as to what kinds of familiars might be found on the Inferno Layer of Dyval without having to just say something like "Oh! You happened to find the only cat in all of Inferno..." or something equally ridiculous.

Any help is appreciated!
Mlp7029
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Dyval Inferno Familiar Help

Unread post by Mlp7029 »

A Lasae so desperate to escape Dyval it will accept a familiar binding.
Soldier of Od
Hero

Unread post by Soldier of Od »

Rifts Dimension Book 11 does say that various creatures from other worlds can be found in Dyval:
"It should be noted that monsters and animals from other worlds and dimensions may also be in the different layers of Dyvalian Hell. Some have been brought to Dyval by Deevils as pets, guard animals and slaves, some as curiosities."
"This is particularly true of creatures from Earth, the Palladium World and the Three Galaxies, all places frequented by Deevils.
"For example, Earth and Earth-like dinosaurs exist in Dyzonia in fairly large numbers because Lord Diabolus likes them."
"Dyzonia and other layers of Dyval also have common birds, ruminants (deer, antelope, etc.), rodents, fish and other animals (including some insects) living, and in some instances thriving, in the various hells of Dyval. Most, however, don’t fare well or last long."

So you could choose any creature you like, really.

However, it calls out Inferno as one of those places unlikely to be home to other animals: "The environments of some layers of Dyval, such as Inferno, are too harsh for most mortal animals to survive"
So, maybe there are some suitable fire-liking animals in the other books? Maybe a fire worm? Tomb worm? (although it says there are no "known" Worms of Taut in Inferno, there are tens of thousands of them in other parts of Dyval, so a few might have made it through!) I guess rats, and things that feed on rats, might be found in small numbers almost anywhere?

Maybe this is something the player will have to work out for themselves - find someone in Inferno who can help with a summoning spell to bring the animal they desire to the plane?

Are the players travelling to other parts of Dyval during the adventure? You're in the worst one for animals - perhaps you'll just have to tell them that their chances here are slim to none, and they will have to wait until they get to the next level of hell before they can find a potential familiar? It is what it is.
Rifter Contributor:
Rifter 61 – Purebred animal templates for Mutants in Avalon (After the Bomb)
Rifter 77 & 78 – Khemennu, City of the Eighteen Cosmic Gods (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – The Prophet O.C.C. (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – Half-Ogres (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 84 – Spellbound O.C.C. (Nightbane)
Rifter 85 – Relics of Empire: Elven Cities of the Old Kingdom (Palladium Fantasy)
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

I would think if you where looking for a familiar in Dyval it would not be a lessor familiar but a greater one. In other words something like a lesser deevil, or a war steed.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
katedoyle12
Newb

Unread post by katedoyle12 »

Achalon1 wrote:Hello All!

I'm looking for ideas as to what kinds of familiars might be found on the Inferno Layer of Dyval without having to just say something like wordle game "Oh! You happened to find the only cat in all of Inferno..." or something equally ridiculous.

Any help is appreciated!

gradually it will also get used to Dyval

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”