Phase World: Stargazer Corp. station SG-4. Size?

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

keir451
Champion
Comment: We came, We saw, We kicked it's butt!!-P. Venkman
My real physics defeats your quasi physics!!!

Phase World: Stargazer Corp. station SG-4. Size?

Unread post by keir451 »

I'm putting together an adventure involving the Stargazer Corporations orbital space station, SG-4, near Phase World (top of pg. 45 Dimensional Outbreak) and was wondering if Carl Gleba or anyone else knew what its dimensions are? As an R&D facility for new starships I figure it should be big enough to handle a ship the size of a CCW Protector class ship. I'm just curious.
My real world Physics defeats your Quasi-Physics!!!
Bubblegum Crisis, best anime/sci-fi/ for totally hot babes in Power Armor.!!!!
Magic. Completely screws logic at every opportunity. (credit due to Ilendaver)
taalismn
Priest

Re: Phase World: Stargazer Corp. station SG-4. Size?

Unread post by taalismn »

Multiple Protectors, I should think, and a lot of smaller test stands and test article bays.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

keir451 wrote:I'm putting together an adventure involving the Stargazer Corporations orbital space station, SG-4, near Phase World (top of pg. 45 Dimensional Outbreak) and was wondering if Carl Gleba or anyone else knew what its dimensions are?

If you are using the Space Station Creation Rules in DB 6, Pg. 7 I would say that you are using a #2 Medium Station or a #3 large station. In fact under the description of Large Stations it says they are "commonly used for private industry, ship production..." so this might be a good one to assume.

After DB 6 came I basically decided that the 16 large space stations described in DB 2, where a mix of #3 Large and #4 City with the "hundreds of smaller stations" being a mix of 1-2 but that's just me.

keir451 wrote:As an R&D facility for new starships I figure it should be big enough to handle a ship the size of a CCW Protector class ship. I'm just curious.

taalismn wrote:Multiple Protectors, I should think, and a lot of smaller test stands and test article bays.

Not sure where the idea of fitting a Protector comes from. Does it say they built them somewhere? In DB 6 Stargazer Ind. is described as a smaller ship manufacturer and in DB 12 it is made clear that most of its work is civilian. Given the sizes we have for the merchant ships and the Star Streaker I would say it's max capacity would two to ten 2,000 foot ships, basically large cruisers.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
keir451
Champion
Comment: We came, We saw, We kicked it's butt!!-P. Venkman
My real physics defeats your quasi physics!!!

Unread post by keir451 »

Warshield73 wrote:
keir451 wrote:I'm putting together an adventure involving the Stargazer Corporations orbital space station, SG-4, near Phase World (top of pg. 45 Dimensional Outbreak) and was wondering if Carl Gleba or anyone else knew what its dimensions are?

If you are using the Space Station Creation Rules in DB 6, Pg. 7 I would say that you are using a #2 Medium Station or a #3 large station. In fact under the description of Large Stations it says they are "commonly used for private industry, ship production..." so this might be a good one to assume.

After DB 6 came I basically decided that the 16 large space stations described in DB 2, where a mix of #3 Large and #4 City with the "hundreds of smaller stations" being a mix of 1-2 but that's just me.

keir451 wrote:As an R&D facility for new starships I figure it should be big enough to handle a ship the size of a CCW Protector class ship. I'm just curious.

taalismn wrote:Multiple Protectors, I should think, and a lot of smaller test stands and test article bays.

Not sure where the idea of fitting a Protector comes from. Does it say they built them somewhere? In DB 6 Stargazer Ind. is described as a smaller ship manufacturer and in DB 12 it is made clear that most of its work is civilian. Given the sizes we have for the merchant ships and the Star Streaker I would say it's max capacity would two to ten 2,000 foot ships, basically large cruisers.

Cool! It figures that DB 6 is one of the ones I DON'T have, yet. I look into it otherwise I might just modify the RT factory for this purpose.
My real world Physics defeats your Quasi-Physics!!!
Bubblegum Crisis, best anime/sci-fi/ for totally hot babes in Power Armor.!!!!
Magic. Completely screws logic at every opportunity. (credit due to Ilendaver)
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

keir451 wrote:Cool! It figures that DB 6 is one of the ones I DON'T have, yet. I look into it otherwise I might just modify the RT factory for this purpose.

All you have in DB 6 is a description. No floor plans or specific stats. If you are looking for something with some floor plans I would recommend 0 hr: art & technology on DriveThru. They have several stations that I have used for Phase World.

I recommend the Crucible or the Argos III . They are both smaller than the stations described in DB 6 but the basic deck plans work.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”