does the SR-05 Sub-Machinegun do less damage in Rifts?

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Axelmania
Knight

does the SR-05 Sub-Machinegun do less damage in Rifts?

Unread post by Axelmania »

regarding Rifts Dimension Book 4 : Skraypers (a sourcebook for Rifts and Heroes Unlimited) page 122

The SR-05 has "aimed, burst, wild" rate of fire. It has a payload of either 15 or 40 depending on which size clip you use.

One thing that remained consistent from RMB>RCB or with HU is that short bursts always used 20% payload, always got x2 damage, always cost 1 attack

HU2p75 has variable multipliers depending on payload when using long bursts:
    x2 if 15 or less rounds
    ? if 16-29 rounds
    x5 if 30-50 rounds

So it seems like the way it would work is:
    3D6x2 by firing 7.5/15 rounds
    3D6x5 by firing 20/40 rounds

Full (entire magazines) had variation too:
    3D6x5 by firing 15/15 rounds
    3D6x10 by firing 40/40 rounds

Rifts was originally better than HU2 since it had x5/x10 for long/full regardless of payload.

After the reduction to x3/x7 in the conversion book, the x5/x10 become accessible if using the 40-round clip I would assume, if playing by HU2 rules.

HU2 rules have a weird note about taking 3 attacks, but the asterisk explains this is for semi-automatic weapons (2 attacks long 3 attacks full) so it might be written for that. It's weirdly inconsistent though since 2 attacks isn't listed for long burst. I'm assume sub-machineguns are full-auto not semi-auto.

It seems like when using the 15-shot clip that Rifts remains superior to HU for this weapon, since x3/x7 for long/full is superior to x2/x5

Long bursts seem to have no incentive at all for 15 shot clips if using HU2's rules, unless we assume you can't fire short burst at all with them.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: does the SR-05 Sub-Machinegun do less damage in Rifts?

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Semi-autos just auto-load the next round into the chamber.

At the core idea level....SMGs are just MGs that fire pistol rounds.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Axelmania
Knight

Re: does the SR-05 Sub-Machinegun do less damage in Rifts?

Unread post by Axelmania »

ah okay so full auto it is, no extra action in HU terms (I don't thin krifts ever did the extra action) but the question still remains what multipliers to use I guess.

The 16-29 gap seems like it creates room to come up with rules like x3 or x4.

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”