Mechanoids vs Rifts *not the usual question*

This is where you can all discuss our favorite nemesis ... The Mechanoids®, Enjoy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Re: Mechanoids vs Rifts *not the usual question*

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Mephisto wrote:Wound Mechanoids attack Eylor if they found it?

Presumably not, unless they could get extraordinary resources from it, or unless they saw the planet as being allied with humanoids.

What about other worlds mentioned in Rifts?

Yes.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Mephisto wrote:Wound Mechanoids attack Eylor if they found it?

Only if they realized the splugorth used it for some of their magic creations. Otherwise I see no reason for them to attack it.

What about other worlds mentioned in Rifts?

Only if the are occupies by humanoids or those that would ally themselves with humanoids.
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

Eylor's just a resource being mined by the Splugorth, so it would depend entirely on Mechanoid attitudes towards those pan-dimensional used car salesmen. Although considering that the bulk of the Splugorth's minions, slaves, and clients are humanoid, I think Splynny and his buddies would have to do some fairly fast talking to avoid a war. I'm pretty sure the Mechanoids wouldn't even be happy with humankind being treated as expendable slaves/livestock/food, at least not unless such a plan involved enslaving the humanoids to get the maximum profit before killing them, rather than the Splugorth method of breeding and capturing humans to always have an expendable source of work and snacks.

As for other planets mentioned in Rifts, the Mechanoids would attack most of 'em. The vast majority of stuff mentioned in the various Rifts books is full of humans or humanoids, and that's enough of a reason for the Mechanoids to start blowing stuff up.
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

I dunno Theru, Eylor'd be pretty hard to ignore if they found it. After all, it's absolutely crawling with vassal races of the Splugorth utilising it as a vast and very profitable natural resource, and a little bit of digging would reveal that Eyes of Eylor are a staggeringly important part of the Splugorth economy. The fact that one of the megaverse's most influential and succesful races of transdimensional conquerors value it so much would definitely make the Mechanoids look into ways of utilizing its potential for themselves.
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

The_Slip wrote:As they're existing condition seems to be one of maniacal conquest, I dont think that they would focus on/care about Eylor's capacity other than to make a decision on its applicability to their war effort. Given their extra psychic abilities, they would surely pick-up on its abilities from the supernatural standpoint. Would that be something they would see as worthy of use, or perhaps just an anomaly in their travels? i would wager a guess that once they found the mining operations and the (vastly humanoid) workforce present, slavery, experimentation, and smashing seem to be the most likely outcomes.

Their existing condition is one of maniacal conquest of entire galaxies over periods of thousands of years. These guys are playing for the long term, not just for instant results. It's also worth keeping in mind that the thing which allowed them to so thoroughly overwhelm their creators and empower themselves in the first place was the fact that they'd combed their galaxy for knowledge and innovations. If they found Eylor they'd figure out how important an asset it is for the Splugorth, and once they figured that out they'd definitely want to take it more or less intact and exploit it for themselves. If they want to mine a planet there's millions of other lumps of rock that aren't unique and mysterious living resources.
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

xia_nt wrote:One must remember that the kittani joined the splugroth after they were attacked by the Mechanoids. So already these villans don't like one another.

The Mechanoids are only insane psychos when it comes to humanoids though. They're probably never going to trust a Splugorth further than they can spit it (after all, the Sploogs' reputation precedes them), but if the Splugorth immediately stopped using humanoid minions and trading with humanoid clients, the Mechanoids wouldn't have a beef with them unless the Splugorth stab them later on.
Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

duck-foot wrote:
Mephisto wrote:Wound Mechanoids attack Eylor if they found it? What about other worlds mentioned in Rifts?

i dont think so. its nt a biped, unless they learned it works for the splugorth, who employ bipeds.

It doesnt "work" for the splugorth anymore than a goldmine works for humans.

The Mechanoids have little reason to attack Eylor beyond the fact that the splugorth inhabit it, as for other worlds yes/no, depends on wether or not human/oids are present.
"You WILL believe that all people have an inherent right to follow their own path to enlightenment in the spiritual manner of their choice or we will burn you at the stake!!!"~Slag
hahaha NXLA for the win.-- Galactus Kid x2
Bah. Immortality and marriage are just 2 things that should never mix. Any kind of prolongued lifespan shouldn't be burdened with monogamy.- Alejandro
Knowledge is power, power corrupts, study hard, be evil.
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

Nxla666 wrote:as for other worlds yes/no, depends on wether or not human/oids are present.

That's generally a "yes" then, since there really aren't all that many worlds in Rifts, Phase World, or the rest of the Palladium megaverse that aren't dominated by humanoid life (unless you count the planets with no life whatsoever).

Return to “The Mechanoids®”