Mechanoid Allies?

This is where you can all discuss our favorite nemesis ... The Mechanoids®, Enjoy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Mechanoid Allies?

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

They don't like humanoids, but there are tons of races out there whom the Mechanoids might be willing to team up with.
Dragons, for instance... if those particular dragons hate humans or are willing to exterminate them.

What else do we have?
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
maasenstodt
Adventurer

Unread post by maasenstodt »

There's a healthy number of supernatural creatures that would qualify, though only if they'd be willing to give up on having humanoid slaves, hosts, etc.

Why do you ask?
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

maasenstodt wrote:Why do you ask?

Just makin' small talk...

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Swift-13
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Swift-13 »

I dunno, would the Machine People count? Though they aren't organic, they certainly have a humanoid appearance and being born a biped is enough to set off the Mechanoids.

On a side note, it would be interesting to see the Mechanoids ally with the remaining Psymbiotes! Those critters are *far* from humanoid and they're obsessed enough with regaining their freedom to team up with a race of murderous cyborgs. I can already see the Mechanoids genetically altering the Psymbiotes small bodies into something more...powerful. That seems more likely since the Mechanoids don't actually need any help to boost their psionics.

I doubt the Zembakh would be allies. They are peaceful, highly empathic creatures and the Mechanoids are great big bad balls of hate. While I'm sure they would welcome freedom from the Splugorth, I don't think they'd go along and aid the Mechanoids in their quest.
Swift-13
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Swift-13 »

I still don't think the Zembakh would ally with the Mechanoids. Though they are cordial and polite to non-humanoid beings, it literally runs in their blood for the genocide of a multitude of races. I'd say it's very hard to conceal that to Tele/Empathic beings like the Zembakh. It'd be like radiating Supernatural Evil of a different kind. :shock:
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

a questionable group being the Mech-pets,, mutant Humans OWNED by mechanoids,,,seems we are worthy of Fido's place in the mechanoids world if we surrender(yea right)

GOODLIFE

sorry, having a Fred Saberhagen moment....
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Killer Cyborg
Priest

glitterboy2098 wrote:
a questionable group being the Mech-pets,, mutant Humans OWNED by mechanoids,,,seems we are worthy of Fido's place in the mechanoids world if we surrender(yea right)

GOODLIFE

sorry, having a Fred Saberhagen moment....

:lol:

Just finished reading the first Berserker novel... it's good, and I plan to pick up the rest.

Warwolf
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

I'm surprised nobody mentioned the ultimate evil munchkins... alien intelligences! I can see one of those tentacled freaks joining up if for nothing other than **** and grins.
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

Depends on the Alien Intelligence. Splugorth for example are on the Mechanoid hit list because they make their livelihood off of humanoids, and the Sploogies don't take kindly to the Mechanoids vaporizing the merchandise.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Warwolf
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

Tinker Dragoon wrote:Depends on the Alien Intelligence. Splugorth for example are on the Mechanoid hit list because they make their livelihood off of humanoids, and the Sploogies don't take kindly to the Mechanoids vaporizing the merchandise.

I was referring to more of the roguish type that doesn't belong to any established race. I know I have an NPC (my PC's fault) that would gladly throw in with these monsters. Hmm... I smell a plot.
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
Samored II
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Samored II »

That Psyembyote idea rocks!!. A more perfect fit would be hard to imagine. A psyembyote might even give the Mechanoids access to astral space and the DreamStream. Lots of non-humanoid entities there.
R Ditto
Hero
Comment: It is hard to be alone. I was 18 when dad died, 38 when mom died. No grand kids or daughter in law for mom. Why, God, why?

Unread post by R Ditto »

el magico -- darklorddc wrote:I'm really surprised nobody has mentioned the Manhunters. Seems like a given.

Hmm... Humanoid robots and realistic looking human androids hell bent on taking out the human race... yep, fits right in with the Mechanoids twisted sense of humor, perhaps the Manhunters becoming "replacements" for their Thinmen and Runts robots.
Never Give Up, Never Lose Hope, Never Surrender!
The Price of Freedom is Eternal Vigilance!!
Boldly going forward, 'cause I can't find reverse.
Dr. Watson; Proving that being wrong is one step closer to being right.
It is hard being alone.
DocS
Adventurer

Ultimate Mechanoid Allies...

Unread post by DocS »

They.... Would... Ally.. With.... The.... Daleks!!! The.... Daleks.... Would... Rule... Them!!! Exterminate!!! Exterminate!!! Exterminate!!!

And the Plasmoids. Don't forget The Plasmoids from The Rifter.

Plasmoids and Daleks, definitely, Plasmoids and Daleks. I just feel good saying that.

I guess one could put in Human-hating versions of any sort of Sci-fi staple. Energy Beings (made better in some sort of encasement field or suit), Insectoids, Blobs, Cephalopods (Zebulons!).

However, I'd run The Mechanoids as being all over the 'genetic engineering/cyborgation' thing, so anyone who worked with them would gradually become more and more into the idea. Take for example the Zebulons from Anvil Galaxy (Tentacled Shellfish guys). First The Party would meet and fight Zebulons, then The Zebs would start getting bionic, and genetically augmented, while The Mechanoids would start making their stuff a bit 'Zebb like' (Wasps with tentacle arms perhaps?). Until finally there really isn't much left differring Zebulon from Mechanoid.

Which would explain both why the 'Noids' don't have many allies (they tend of peacefully assimilate them) and why they would have the best of the best when it came to genetic manipulation and cyborg technologies.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Tinker Dragoon wrote:Depends on the Alien Intelligence. Splugorth for example are on the Mechanoid hit list because they make their livelihood off of humanoids, and the Sploogies don't take kindly to the Mechanoids vaporizing the merchandise.

The Splurgorth also have aided and assisted the Kittani...and the Mechnaoids HATE to have their prey snapped out from under their noses...especially prey like the Kittani, who apparently have the Mechanoids an unusually stiff fight before collapsing...
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Unread post by Marrowlight »

el magico -- darklorddc wrote:I'm really surprised nobody has mentioned the Manhunters. Seems like a given.

Perhaps the Manhunters are a lil too human for the Mechanoids?
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
Killer Cyborg
Priest

Marrowlight wrote:

IIRC, the Manhunters book mentions the possibility of them teaming up with the Mechanoids if they ever meet.

Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Unread post by Marrowlight »

Killer Cyborg wrote:
Marrowlight wrote:

IIRC, the Manhunters book mentions the possibility of them teaming up with the Mechanoids if they ever meet.

Then that must mean the real answer is you're all too lazy to remember the Manhunters!

;)
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
R Ditto
Hero
Comment: It is hard to be alone. I was 18 when dad died, 38 when mom died. No grand kids or daughter in law for mom. Why, God, why?

Unread post by R Ditto »

Marrowlight wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:
Marrowlight wrote:

Then that must mean the real answer is you're all too lazy to remember the Manhunters!

;)

I hate to burst you bubble, but...

Killer Cyborg is right, as I just looked at Rifts Manhunter, page 6, at the stuff listed under the heading of Rifts Adventure Plot:...

As some will say, misery loves company.
Never Give Up, Never Lose Hope, Never Surrender!
The Price of Freedom is Eternal Vigilance!!
Boldly going forward, 'cause I can't find reverse.
Dr. Watson; Proving that being wrong is one step closer to being right.
It is hard being alone.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

THe fun would be to have the Mechanoids approach an Alien INtelligence with a seeming grudge against Humanity/humanoids...only to discover that the AI defines itself BY its hatred or reliance on the smelly brutes, and disagrees with the idea of exterminating them all out of hand.

Which could put us in the curious position of being grateful to Vampire Intelligences fighting the Mechanoids because the former think humans taste good...
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
bradshaw
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: Gin and Tonic

Re:

Unread post by bradshaw »

Crazyfool wrote:forgive me moment of insanity

but might the mechanoids and the Nanites of Splicers join forces,

or the mechnoids create micro-hive like tyhings of themselves that can rearrange themselves into anything and make any energy weapon
or the nanites be reserched enout to give a micro peices of armour around their life support contaiment and thus giving them instant adaption to any situation

They were willing to side with Archie 3 so I'd think the Machine on the Splicers planet would do.
Dames, Droids, Drinking and Damnnation
Rallan
Champion

Re:

Unread post by Rallan »

They don't have a permanent place on the hit list though, since they could (presumably) be forgiven at any time as long as they dump or destroy all their humanoid minion races and all their humanoid slaves. It's just that they're not likely to any time soon because it was cost an awful lot, and at the moment the Mechanoids don't pose a dire enough threat to their survival or the fate of the megaverse to be worth it.
batlchip
Hero
Comment: Even the great thinkers and writers in history messed up sometimes.

Re: Mechanoid Allies?

Unread post by batlchip »

The star hives maybe?
Who is evil?
Who is joy
Who is pain
Who is death
Who is good
Who is blind
Who is foolish
Who is smart
Me and you that's who
For we are mankind.
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

batlchip wrote:The star hives maybe?

Um... no. I can't see that working at all.
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

They'll team up with any race that is not humanoid.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

Aramanthus wrote:They'll team up with any race that is not humanoid.

It's not the Mechanoids that are the problem here, it's the Star Hives. They try to indiscriminately kill and consume everything they come across, and the only time they don't do this is when they don't think they've got a big enough numerical advantage to make it worth the effort. What's gonna magically make them think of the Mechanoids as potential allies when so far they've seen everything else they've encountered as food?
Marcethus
Champion

Re:

Unread post by Marcethus »

R Ditto wrote:
Marrowlight wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:
Marrowlight wrote:

;)

I hate to burst you bubble, but...

Killer Cyborg is right, as I just looked at Rifts Manhunter, page 6, at the stuff listed under the heading of Rifts Adventure Plot:...

As some will say, misery loves company.

Actually Manhunter says that while they would ally at first they would end up at war with each other because their goals are too different. Mechanoids want to eradicate all bipedal life. Manhunters want to Contain all humanity and its allies.
Aramanthus
Monk

It would be an interesting encounter with Starhives. Since at the core of each mechanoid is an organic brain. Once the starhives find that little tid bit. Maybe the Mechanoids could becomes a snack for them.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
sHaka
Hero
Comment: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

Unread post by sHaka »

Another potential ally is one that is often truly underrated - Demon Locusts of Hades!

Not only are they frighteningly powerful (the most powerful force in Hades by far) and swarm in their tens of thousands, but intelligent in the extreme and they are individuals - not mindless insect hive-drones. They hate humanoids and fantasize about megaversal chaos.

Sounds like they'd get on with the Mechanoids swimmingly.
Northern Gun Weapons Technician, R&D Department
Reading: Savage Worlds / Savage Rifts
Playing: Nothing U_U
Advocating: A free, super-slick .pdf of Palladium's core system with sample characters and scenario
My Dead Reign Character Sheet
Palladium Books RPG Google+ Community
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Hel.
sHaka
Hero
Comment: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

Unread post by sHaka »

duck-foot wrote:how about the magots of hades. they would be a cool ally

Yeah, I'm sure the locusts could bring their chums along :ok:
Northern Gun Weapons Technician, R&D Department
Reading: Savage Worlds / Savage Rifts
Playing: Nothing U_U
Advocating: A free, super-slick .pdf of Palladium's core system with sample characters and scenario
My Dead Reign Character Sheet
Palladium Books RPG Google+ Community
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

sHaka wrote:Another potential ally is one that is often truly underrated - Demon Locusts of Hades!

Not only are they frighteningly powerful (the most powerful force in Hades by far) and swarm in their tens of thousands, but intelligent in the extreme and they are individuals - not mindless insect hive-drones. They hate humanoids and fantasize about megaversal chaos.

Sounds like they'd get on with the Mechanoids swimmingly.

Except that the locusts have humanoid masters and humanoid minions, and they don't actually want the sort of ordered, peaceful universe that the Mechanoids would leave in their wake.
Aramanthus
Monk

Yeah, there'd be no Chaos left for them to have fun in. Eventually the Locust would have to go. Probably pretty quickly.

HH....FIE
Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Unread post by Grell »

Evil Psi-Ponies!
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg

Return to “The Mechanoids®”