Bio-Mechanoids

This is where you can all discuss our favorite nemesis ... The Mechanoids®, Enjoy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Re: Bio-Mechanoids

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

So... what's all that mean in coherent English...?
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Carl Gleba
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

If you could make a Mechanoid as sexy as #6, oh yeah! That would make for some good irony. Of course now it would be just a big rip off of BSG, but for in house games, it would be pretty cool. And its just Carl :ok:

Carl
ImageImage
maasenstodt
Adventurer

Unread post by maasenstodt »

The Manhunters had a very similar idea with their Mark IV "Fleshcoat" models in Myrmidon's Megaversal foray some years back. It's a good place to go if you're looking to stat these guys (and gals :D ) up in an MD setting.
maasenstodt
Adventurer

Unread post by maasenstodt »

Crazyfool wrote:Thanks Maasenstodt

You betcha! :ok:
Swift-13
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Swift-13 »

Nice to know I've had some influence around here... :D

Actually, that's an interesting area to explore. The classic Mechanoids books go into a little detail about some of the psycho-cyborgs' non-robotic minions. One class, an energy-absorbing pile of sludge and the other type, which threw me off: mutant humanoids.

Though the Mechanoids' usual tactics are pretty...direct, so I doubt a completly organic minion would be used for their favorite sport of whacking humanoids. On the other hand, they just might use such a creature for spying and intelligence gathering should their usual "Probe" model robots prove useless. Their mastery of genetics, proven by eliminating the AbM mutation from their own numbers, would make the bio-minions (now there's a good name!) essentially squishy robots.

Out in the blue, I'm sure a slightly rogue Oracle or Brain could come up with some nasty mutations of the local fauna...
Swift-13
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Swift-13 »

An alternative to the Mechanoids creating humanoid organic versions of themselves would be not-so-humanoid organic Mechanoids. I can easily see a hulking Type-II Brute with armor plating, supernatural strength (RIFTS reference: if the Coalition can do it, the Mechanoids could 5000 years ago), and natural energy expulsion powers.

Or, to go along with the magical trend, skip the energy expulsion and have this, what, Type-III Brute wield some serious arcane firepower along with the natural Mechanoid psionic abilities. :demon:

Return to “The Mechanoids®”