Is Mechanoid Space out yet?

This is where you can all discuss our favorite nemesis ... The Mechanoids®, Enjoy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

AnubisXy
Adventurer
Comment: /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Is Mechanoid Space out yet?

Unread post by AnubisXy »

Sorry if it is or is not... I haven't really bothered too much with Palladiums in the last three and a half years. However, yesterday I was looking through some of my old books and came across Rifts: Mechanoids (one of the few Palladium source books I still have). I looked through it and saw the blurb about Mechanoid Space being released in 1994 and realized I that it's a decade later and I'm still waiting...

Or maybe not.. has it been released?

AnubisXy
"But I believe if you don't stand for something, you don't stand for nothing." - Kid Rock
Lantis
Wanderer

Unread post by Lantis »

Still though, nothing will beat those ads for "Old Kingdom Lowlands and Old Kingdom Mountains, out in 1992". Or the blurb in Mercenaries for Seige on Tolkeen another 8 or so years before it came out.

Not to say that its bad, just funny in an incidental way. I mean, heck, we're still waiting on the Gundam RPG from R Talsorian.

*taps feet impatiently*

Now _there_ is a lazy company.
Knight of the Grand Order
Really REALLY misses Billy-Bob

"Cookies without milk is blasphemy"
"Warm soda and cold pizza.... breakfast of champions!"

"It's never this easy... in a Role Playing Game!"
- Fuu Hououji, Magic Knight Rayearth
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

Welcome back AnubisXy, Much to our Dismay no Mechinoid Space.

in 01 Kevin Mentioned he was workin on it, but it musta got pushed to the rear burner....

but yes, this Marks the 10 year Anivesery of the Longest Delay in History, unless there is another... Maybe Rifts: Lemeurai(sp?) (undersea2).
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Lantis
Wanderer

Unread post by Lantis »

MorganKeyes wrote:
Lantis wrote:Still though, nothing will beat those ads for "Old Kingdom Lowlands and Old Kingdom Mountains, out in 1992". Or the blurb in Mercenaries for Seige on Tolkeen another 8 or so years before it came out.

Not to say that its bad, just funny in an incidental way. I mean, heck, we're still waiting on the Gundam RPG from R Talsorian.

*taps feet impatiently*

Now _there_ is a lazy company.

When you consider that the company only consists of Mike Pondsmith now, and he really only gets to it when he has a break from his higher paying, full-time job.... well, while I would always like new stuff to come out I can also understand that when it's only just himself and he has a family to care for it's gonna be the thing that's gonna give.

Actually, I think he mentioned on the Mekton Zeta ML that the decision was make to suspend or cancel release of a Gundam RPG here and the decision was made a ways back. He was actually posing the question of what folks would like to see for a new Mekton and how or if a campaign world should be approached.

That having been said, its unfortunate that they snatched up the rights to Gundam, when someone else could have done it. Odd that Kevin Siembieda had already said it was too expensive. I wonder how Mike was able to afford it, either way.

But I digress. I guess I never caught the news that it had already been delayed indefinitely. It is unfortunate that another company has not gotten it, but barring that, I hope the eventual release is at least worth it.
Knight of the Grand Order
Really REALLY misses Billy-Bob

"Cookies without milk is blasphemy"
"Warm soda and cold pizza.... breakfast of champions!"

"It's never this easy... in a Role Playing Game!"
- Fuu Hououji, Magic Knight Rayearth
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

Crazyfool wrote:Poor Kevin,,,LMFAO ,,,,He Made the Mechanoids,,, and now,,he is having too much fun writing what was suppose to be a book,,, into MANY books,, that ay rival Rifts in the number of books,,,,

Again,, he is having Way too much fun,,,,WAY WAY too much fun,,,at this rate...mechanoid Space should blow us away like and leaving us in that fun daze of " what the [MODERATED] ran over me"
or what [MODERATED], if he wanted it out it would be out
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

Lantis wrote:That having been said, its unfortunate that they snatched up the rights to Gundam, when someone else could have done it. Odd that Kevin Siembieda had already said it was too expensive. I wonder how Mike was able to afford it, either way.

But I digress. I guess I never caught the news that it had already been delayed indefinitely. It is unfortunate that another company has not gotten it, but barring that, I hope the eventual release is at least worth it.

Lisa Pondsmith recently addressed this: http://www.talsorian.com/lisarant.shtml

Crazyfool wrote:Again,, he is having Way too much fun,,,,WAY WAY too much fun,,,at this rate...mechanoid Space should blow us away like and leaving us in that fun daze of " what the [MODERATED] ran over me"

Mech-Viper wrote:or what [MODERATED], if he wanted it out it would be out

Foul language will not be tolerated unless all letters of the word are replaced by substitute characters. If you would like to censor a word, use symbols to cover it up completely. That means every letter must be masked. For example, $#!^ is acceptable. $h!t is not. In no way should there EVER be letters or numbers used. Please do not engage in prolific foul language use, such as "#*()$% ^!*()# *^() it all to #@**," regardless of covering up the entire word. In other words, do not be excessive. If it takes that many symbols to cover up what you need to say, just don't bother saying it.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

Tinker Dragoon wrote:
Lantis wrote:That having been said, its unfortunate that they snatched up the rights to Gundam, when someone else could have done it. Odd that Kevin Siembieda had already said it was too expensive. I wonder how Mike was able to afford it, either way.

Lisa Pondsmith recently addressed this: http://www.talsorian.com/lisarant.shtml

Crazyfool wrote:Again,, he is having Way too much fun,,,,WAY WAY too much fun,,,at this rate...mechanoid Space should blow us away like and leaving us in that fun daze of " what the [MODERATED] ran over me"

Mech-Viper wrote:or what [MODERATED], if he wanted it out it would be out

Foul language will not be tolerated unless all letters of the word are replaced by substitute characters. If you would like to censor a word, use symbols to cover it up completely. That means every letter must be masked. For example, $#!^ is acceptable. $h!t is not. In no way should there EVER be letters or numbers used. Please do not engage in prolific foul language use, such as "#*()$% ^!*()# *^() it all to #@**," regardless of covering up the entire word. In other words, do not be excessive. If it takes that many symbols to cover up what you need to say, just don't bother saying it.
ok
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Zenvis
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator

Unread post by Zenvis »

Perhaps they need a rumor board. One that mentions all the titles that were mentioned in the past and give a full detail as to what happned to the title.... I.E. Hardware Unlimted, The Nursery, etc...

I recognize that this is a business and that it has a lot of hoops to insure that are jumped though and that missing a hoop means missing an opurtunity; I just would like to know what happened. Thats all.
Everything you can imagine is real. - Pablo Picasso
Imagination is more important than knowledge." but knowledge does help. - Albert Einstein
The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein
My Blog and My Other Blog
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

I got a letter from Kevin the other day, Mechanoid Space is still on his radar, so there is hope.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.

Return to “The Mechanoids®”