Snagged a Signed Copy!

This is where you can all discuss our favorite nemesis ... The Mechanoids®, Enjoy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Captain_Nibbz
Adventurer

Snagged a Signed Copy!

Unread post by Captain_Nibbz »

So I've been ordering some of the SDC world books off of Ebay and Amazon lately, and I just got in my very own copy of the Mechanoids Invasion Trilogy this morning! I started perusing it here at work and lo and behold, it looks like I managed to get myself a signed copy of the book. It wasn't in the description of the auction, and I only paid $3.99 (and only $3.50 for shipping and handling) for the book itself. I feel like I've snagged myself a pretty awesome deal here. Plus, the book is in really good shape, so I couldn't be happier.

Just thought I would share!

Thanks,
Captain Nibbz
A good friend will help you hide a body. A best friend will lend you the P.P.E. you need to resurrect the body as a loyal zombie servant.

"If I kept a list of all time worst Sound Off threads, this would be way up there." - Mack
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Re: Snagged a Signed Copy!

Unread post by Warshield73 »

Was it the original The Mechanoids? If so that is a really good deal. I picked one up a few year ago but I had to take it to an open house to get it signed.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Captain_Nibbz
Adventurer

Unread post by Captain_Nibbz »

Warshield73 wrote:Was it the original The Mechanoids? If so that is a really good deal. I picked one up a few year ago but I had to take it to an open house to get it signed.

It was a copy of the reprinted combination book. So, not quite as exciting as if it were the original booklets. But hey, I'll take what I can get.
A good friend will help you hide a body. A best friend will lend you the P.P.E. you need to resurrect the body as a loyal zombie servant.

"If I kept a list of all time worst Sound Off threads, this would be way up there." - Mack
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

As I understand it the Original Mechanoids was three separate books printed on newsprint starting in 1981. I have never seen any of those around and I'm not sure if even Kevin has copies of them. I asked him if he had them at the first POH and he said something to the effect of 'didn't know but doubted it'. I believe this is what was reprinted in the Mechanoid Invasion Trilogy which is still available and I own.

The older one I have is the updated The Mechanoids which is from '85. It is the one I had to take to the POH to get signed.

My pride and joy, as far as Mechanoids goes, are my copies of the 3 Mechanoids Comic books published by Caliber back in 1990. It was supposed to be 5 parts but as far as I know they only published the first three issues. They aren't great but they are a fun read.
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

Congrats on the great find! And now run the game!

The original is a great RPG. I've run it many times and I'm consistently surprised how much fun each session has been. The PCs are waaaay over their heads so they get creative fast.
Father Goose
Adventurer
Comment: If I could go back in time, I would join the cast of "The Thrilling Adventure Hour"

Unread post by Father Goose »

Warshield73 wrote:As I understand it the Original Mechanoids was three separate books printed on newsprint starting in 1981. I have never seen any of those around and I'm not sure if even Kevin has copies of them. I asked him if he had them at the first POH and he said something to the effect of 'didn't know but doubted it'. I believe this is what was reprinted in the Mechanoid Invasion Trilogy which is still available and I own.

The older one I have is the updated The Mechanoids which is from '85. It is the one I had to take to the POH to get signed.

My pride and joy, as far as Mechanoids goes, are my copies of the 3 Mechanoids Comic books published by Caliber back in 1990. It was supposed to be 5 parts but as far as I know they only published the first three issues. They aren't great but they are a fun read.

Kevin does have a copy of the original. He showed it off in his office during his interview with Artichoke Dip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjSwbOJDRLA
taalismn wrote:Hey, you came up with a novel, attention-getting idea, you did the legwork, you worked it through, you made it fit the setting, even though initial thought might be 'nah, it can't work, it's too silly/stupid/lame', and you posted something that only required a little adjustment, yet can be added to, without diluting its original concept. How can we not give you due support and credit?
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador

Father Goose wrote:
Warshield73 wrote:As I understand it the Original Mechanoids was three separate books printed on newsprint starting in 1981. I have never seen any of those around and I'm not sure if even Kevin has copies of them. I asked him if he had them at the first POH and he said something to the effect of 'didn't know but doubted it'. I believe this is what was reprinted in the Mechanoid Invasion Trilogy which is still available and I own.

Kevin does have a copy of the original. He showed it off in his office during his interview with Artichoke Dip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjSwbOJDRLA

I saw that too and I meant to post about it but I forgot. I have to admit I was really surprised when he pulled those out as the impression I had was that they were all gone. Wonder how many they have?
Father Goose
Adventurer
Comment: If I could go back in time, I would join the cast of "The Thrilling Adventure Hour"

Unread post by Father Goose »

Warshield73 wrote:I saw that too and I meant to post about it but I forgot. I have to admit I was really surprised when he pulled those out as the impression I had was that they were all gone. Wonder how many they have?

Good question. Someone should ask about it at the next POH.
taalismn wrote:Hey, you came up with a novel, attention-getting idea, you did the legwork, you worked it through, you made it fit the setting, even though initial thought might be 'nah, it can't work, it's too silly/stupid/lame', and you posted something that only required a little adjustment, yet can be added to, without diluting its original concept. How can we not give you due support and credit?
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador

Father Goose wrote:
Warshield73 wrote:I saw that too and I meant to post about it but I forgot. I have to admit I was really surprised when he pulled those out as the impression I had was that they were all gone. Wonder how many they have?

Good question. Someone should ask about it at the next POH.

Like I said I did ask at the first POH during the office tour. Since I have never seen any of these up for sale on KS's auction pages or at auction at the POH's they can't have that many.

Return to “The Mechanoids®”