Any chance of Oracles rebelling?

This is where you can all discuss our favorite nemesis ... The Mechanoids®, Enjoy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Re: Any chance of Oracles rebelling?

Unread post by say652 »

a demons way to the inside? I LIKE IT!
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

Depends on whether you're doing a vanilla Mechanoids RPG campaign, or Mechanoids in Rifts. In the Mechanoids setting the answer is "hell yeah it's possible". In Rifts the answer is a big fat no, because an Oracle rebellion already happened in the backstory, and when the other Mechanoids won they redesigned several castes (including the Oracle caste) to reduce independent thought and remove the capacity to dissent.
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Unread post by Damian Magecraft »

Little Snuzzles wrote:
Rallan wrote:In Rifts the answer is a big fat no, because an Oracle rebellion already happened in the backstory, and when the other Mechanoids won they redesigned several castes (including the Oracle caste) to reduce independent thought and remove the capacity to dissent.

Hmm. I didn't know this. Where is this info?

Rifts Sourcebook 2: The Mechaniods
DM is correct by the way. - Ninjabunny
It's a shoddy carpenter who blames his tools. - Killer Cyborg
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

Little Snuzzles wrote:
Damian Magecraft wrote:
Little Snuzzles wrote:
Rallan wrote:In Rifts the answer is a big fat no, because an Oracle rebellion already happened in the backstory, and when the other Mechanoids won they redesigned several castes (including the Oracle caste) to reduce independent thought and remove the capacity to dissent.

Hmm. I didn't know this. Where is this info?

Rifts Sourcebook 2: The Mechaniods

Ah. I don't have that one. All I have is The Mechanoids Trilogy.

Does it have much more new info than the book I currently have?

On the setting front it has next to nothing. Rifts Mechanoids is basically a toybook, not a setting book, and all the information about the Mechanoids is jammed into a little section at the start which explains their origins, their apparent demise (an Oracle-led civil war which ended with the traditionalists winning and redesigning the entire Mechanoid race to be even more conformist and xenocidal than before), and a contrived plot point to explain how a small army of the damn things has found its way to Rifts Earth. Then its just stats, stats, and more stats, accompanied by Newton Ewell artwork of the redesigned Mechanoids that craps all over the art from the original trilogy.
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

i liked the original mechanoid trilogy books.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Little Snuzzles wrote:
Rallan wrote:Depends on whether you're doing a vanilla Mechanoids RPG campaign, or Mechanoids in Rifts.

"vanilla Mechanoids" - LMAO :lol: - I don't even want to go there. :wink:

Uh, that just means you'd be playing/running a game only using stuff from the Mechanoids setting. Nothing from SB2, or any other Palladium game.
Capt. Meschievitz
Explorer
Comment: You are the greatest project you will ever work on... never give up.

Unread post by Capt. Meschievitz »

Rallan wrote:On the setting front it has next to nothing. Rifts Mechanoids is basically a toybook, not a setting book, and all the information about the Mechanoids is jammed into a little section at the start which explains their origins, their apparent demise (an Oracle-led civil war which ended with the traditionalists winning and redesigning the entire Mechanoid race to be even more conformist and xenocidal than before), and a contrived plot point to explain how a small army of the damn things has found its way to Rifts Earth. Then its just stats, stats, and more stats, accompanied by Newton Ewell artwork of the redesigned Mechanoids that craps all over the art from the original trilogy.

Yup it is a fluff book about 15 odd pages of story and 3 or so pages of that is of the history and update for the mechanoids, well at least it has a Spider Fortress well 1/4 of one...ie it is heavily damaged and not in full function..

But the Brute type 2 was cool looking...
after 20 odd years of the same character time has come......
AzathothXy
Adventurer

Unread post by AzathothXy »

Little Snuzzles wrote:
Rallan wrote:On the setting front it has next to nothing. Rifts Mechanoids is basically a toybook, not a setting book, and all the information about the Mechanoids is jammed into a little section at the start which explains their origins, their apparent demise (an Oracle-led civil war which ended with the traditionalists winning and redesigning the entire Mechanoid race to be even more conformist and xenocidal than before), and a contrived plot point to explain how a small army of the damn things has found its way to Rifts Earth. Then its just stats, stats, and more stats, accompanied by Newton Ewell artwork of the redesigned Mechanoids that craps all over the art from the original trilogy.

Thanks for the info. I guess I'm glad that Kevin & I had the same idea about the Oracles rebelling.

On the other hand, the book doesn't sound like it has much to offer me personally; I'm very happy with the original Mechanoids. Also, I think the Oracles are important and would't want to get rid of them.

If you like the Mechanoids its a good book. All the mechanoids have updated stats and looks. The Oracles are still there, just redesigned so that another rebellion is impossible, and that they are dedicated to eradicating humanoids.

The book also has that a small percentage of mechanoids broke away, and now work against their race. So it opens the door for Rogue Mechanoids as PCs. It even suggests that a rogue Runner could possibly pick up a magic OCC.
Last edited by AzathothXy on Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Nuclear Chaos
That thing is not dead which has the capacity to continue to exist eternally,
And if the abnormal ones come,then death may cease to be
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

Little Snuzzles wrote:
AzathothXy wrote: It even suggests that a rogue Runner could possibly pick up a magic OCC.

If the Mechanoids ever get a hold of magic, then everyone is royally screwed. :D

Well, if they get one spell in particular. They're dangerous enough not to need most of what's in the spell list, but being able to open dimensional rifts would be a real doozy.

Return to “The Mechanoids®”