Abridged Mechanoids Trilogy

This is where you can all discuss our favorite nemesis ... The Mechanoids®, Enjoy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Yendor
Dungeon Crawler

Abridged Mechanoids Trilogy

Unread post by Yendor »

I acquired the Mechanoids Trilogy ways back, and found it very fascinating, an interesting look on the early days of Palladium. At the same time, very...thin we'll say.

After getting my hands on an original book one, the Trilogy made more sense, since the original book one had more information than what was (re)published. Which made me wonder, will we see the unabridged information sometime on the cutting room floor? If not, how has everyone else handled (if at all?) the Trilogy as a whole.
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Abridged Mechanoids Trilogy

Unread post by Spinachcat »

I hope we will one day see Mechanoids 2e with a chance to revisit the original Trilogy with lots of interesting expansion.
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Thin? The original three books were comics. Are you talking about the Homecoming book? That was a bit thicker but it was also just a bunch of stuff out of the 3 other books with some additions.

I have both. Combined with my copy of "Magic of Palladium Books Collectors Edition" and Rifts Sourcebook 2 The Mechanoids, I can pretty much do any Mechanoids stuff I want.

It's been 20 years. I have no other way TOO do Mechanoids stuff :lol:
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

The comics were separate from the 3 original books.

Mechanoid Invasion Trilogy, The #1 - The Mechanoid Invasion
Mechanoid Invasion Trilogy, The #2 - The Journey
Mechanoid Invasion Trilogy, The #3 - Homeworld

These were the books reprinted in The Mechanoid Invasion Trilogy book.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Thanks Shawn. I just don;t think Mechanoid trilogy is than ...small myself *shrugs*
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Yendor
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Yendor »

Well, in the Trilogy, there is no O.C.C. fluff (so all the classes just look the same, just different titles/skills), Three missing O.C.C.s, the information on the Rovers is thinner than what was in the Original book, missing seven creatures, a detailed description of Old Gideon, the stats for Colonel A.E. Gideon, Winston Bromelli (Commander in Chief), Ten experimental weapons/gear, Grenade stats, Nine vehicles, Three to Six adventures, and a good chunk of the Golden One’s weapons/vehicles.

Plus, no clue as to what happened to the colonists (one of the missing adventures has them building a spaceship to try and escape off the planet). We go from Book 1 to Book 2 (Journey) with no clue about the missing civilians, and a blank "Rovers are here, don't ask how."
Yendor
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Yendor »

For example:
"The L.B.A. division are men and women trained in combat for the expressed purpose of law enforcement and protection against hostile elements. The L.B.A. division is more of an elite police force than combat trained soldiers. They are generally experts in hand to hand combat, handguns, laser rifles and surveillance.
In addition to law enforcement, members of the L.B.A. often accompany scouting parties and scientific expeditions for protection. Under the current circumstances the L.B.A. division has become an important factor in the colonists' struggle against the Mechanoids."

And
"The Water Trap
The water trap is an unusual creature found in deserts and other arid areas. The Sand Pirates and other rovers hunt water traps, for beneath its tough leathery hide it holds one to twenty (1D20) gallons of reasonably fresh water. Indeed, the creature itself resembles a giant bag of water with tentacles or a massive wad of chewing gum."

Return to “The Mechanoids®”