Sell it to me baby! (Heroic Mechanoids)

This is where you can all discuss our favorite nemesis ... The Mechanoids®, Enjoy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Akashic Soldier
Knight
Comment: Theres space for a paper airplane race in the eye of a hurricane.

Sell it to me baby! (Heroic Mechanoids)

Unread post by Akashic Soldier »

Could someone present to me a passionate example of why what the Mechanoids are doing is just, right, and the positive aspects of their culture and what they contribute to existence?
"I flew back to the states just to vote for Trump."
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
I will not answer posts/questions/accusations by people on my foes list.
The Ugly Truth - Carl Gleba on the Cabal of 24.
Rifts® Online: Megaversal Highway.
Beatmeclever
Adventurer

Re: Sell it to me baby! (Heroic Mechanoids)

Unread post by Beatmeclever »

Akashic Soldier wrote:Could someone present to me a passionate example of why what the Mechanoids are doing is just, right, and the positive aspects of their culture and what they contribute to existence?

Maybe not so passionate, but here goes:
The Mechanoid species hates the humanoid species of the universe and is exterminating them because those humanoids are competing for the same resources. Imagine how you would feel if you looked at the rats in your city and thought, "Any meat they eat is food I could be feeding to my offspring, they are sleeping in space that could be used to maintain my way of life." To ensure the survival of the species, it has become necessary to wage war against ALL who would deny the Mechanoids access to resources that may be immediately or potentially required for the species to thrive.

The Mechanoid culture has developed interstellar space travel, highly advanced medical techniques (which are used in the maintenance of the being within the armored frame), and the have a subtle sense of aesthetics (which can be seen in the non-functional aspects of their armored frames mind you, this is due to the artistic nature of the artist who first imagined the Mechanoid armors, but it is there and so we MUST attribute it to the Mechanoids themselves). This sense of beauty has even shown improvement over the decades since the newest of the Mechanoid armors are better looking than the original (now AbM) armors were, which also shows a progression of the culture itself.

Personally, I would be interested in the non-combat versions of the Mechanoids. Maintenance drones, science and research mites, etc. we have seen that their designs have changed; we can even see that they have improved their performance. These changes DO NOT happen without technicians and researchers to discover the means to make them happen. Frome whence does the nutritional sustenance for the Mechanoids come? From where do new Mechanoids (the being inside, not the armor) come?
"The impossibility of the world lies in the fact that it has no equivalent anywhere;it cannot be exchanged for anything. The uncertainty of thought lies in the fact that it cannot be exchanged either for truth or for reality. Is it thought which tips the world over into uncertainty, or the other way around? This in itself is part of the uncertainty." - J. Baudrillard
Akashic Soldier
Knight

Beatmeclever wrote:
Akashic Soldier wrote:Could someone present to me a passionate example of why what the Mechanoids are doing is just, right, and the positive aspects of their culture and what they contribute to existence?

Maybe not so passionate, but here goes:
The Mechanoid species hates the humanoid species of the universe and is exterminating them because those humanoids are competing for the same resources. Imagine how you would feel if you looked at the rats in your city and thought, "Any meat they eat is food I could be feeding to my offspring, they are sleeping in space that could be used to maintain my way of life." To ensure the survival of the species, it has become necessary to wage war against ALL who would deny the Mechanoids access to resources that may be immediately or potentially required for the species to thrive.

The Mechanoid culture has developed interstellar space travel, highly advanced medical techniques (which are used in the maintenance of the being within the armored frame), and the have a subtle sense of aesthetics (which can be seen in the non-functional aspects of their armored frames mind you, this is due to the artistic nature of the artist who first imagined the Mechanoid armors, but it is there and so we MUST attribute it to the Mechanoids themselves). This sense of beauty has even shown improvement over the decades since the newest of the Mechanoid armors are better looking than the original (now AbM) armors were, which also shows a progression of the culture itself.

:ok:

This is the kind of stuff I am looking for.

More people! More! Feed my Brain!!! :D

I had thought that Mechanoids were all cloned?
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Unread post by Grell »

Actually the Mechanoids don't eradicate humanoids because of resource competition, they do it out of an unreasoning hatred for ALL humanoid species stemming from a core event where their creators tried to destroy them. The Mechanoids used to be human-like as well, but were genetically modified to withstand the rigors of space travel. Over time, they've cloned themselves and improved upon their base design to become what they're known as today. :)
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
Akashic Soldier
Knight

Grell wrote:Actually the Mechanoids don't eradicate humanoids because of resource competition, they do it out of an unreasoning hatred for ALL humanoid species stemming from a core event where their creators tried to destroy them. The Mechanoids used to be human-like as well, but were genetically modified to withstand the rigors of space travel. Over time, they've cloned themselves and improved upon their base design to become what they're known as today. :)

Oh yeah... I'm just trying to get interesting variations on the model and "valid" reasons to give them extra dimension.

You know, encase they want to rant about the righteousness of their cause as they pluck the arms and legs off their victims.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Because **** humans anyway!
The beauty of A world or a handful of worlds.
The paragon of animals.
Yet what do they DO with their ability?
They kill, they rape, they steal, they manipulate.
They abandon.
They betray.
Even though they know it's wrong, they pretend that they're right in order to protect their own pathetic egos.

They're not amoral beings, that could be forgiven. These are creatures that understand morality, that PREACH morality, but then they turn their backs on you just because you're different. Then they try to kill you.
They created a superior race. They did what all life longs to do, create children who are better than they are, but then they, in their egomaniacal self-importance, couldn't stand being second best, so they attempted infanticide against their own offspring.
And they failed.
Not only are they evil enough to try to kill their own children out of jealousy, but they're incompetent enough to fail at it.
They're the worst.
They're everything wrong with an imperfect universe.
They know what's right, but they do what's wrong anyway, and they can't even do THAT right.
They're a retarded Cain who only knocked Abel unconscious, and it's only right that Abel return the favor in kind, only with at least some skill and efficiency.

If they were strong, they wouldn't have needed to build the Mechanoids.
If they were smart, they wouldn't have created life that they did not want.
If they were loving, they wouldn't have tried to kill their own creations out of spite.

Humans are weak.
Humans are stupid.
Humans are hateful.

It is only right to destroy them- the universe is better off without them, a stronger, wiser, more loving universe.

Mechanoids are strong- they can fly through the boundless vacuum of unexplored space.
Mechanoids are wise- they create wonders that humans can barely fathom.
Mechanoids do no turn on their own (except a few aberrants who are soon to be dealt with).
Mechanoids exist in harmony with each other, and once the humans (and their physical and spiritual brethren) are destroyed, the universe will be in harmony, for the first time since humans blighted existence with the tread of their unworthy feet.

The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner.
Last edited by Killer Cyborg on Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Akashic Soldier
Knight

Cyborg, welcome to the elite club of people on this site I officially have a man crush on. :P

This was brilliant!
Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Unread post by Grell »

The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner.

May I sig this? :)
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Grell wrote:

May I sig this? :)

Yup. ;)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Killer Cyborg
Priest

Akashic Soldier wrote:Cyborg, welcome to the elite club of people on this site I officially have a man crush on. :P

This was brilliant!

Thanks!
:D

slade the sniper
Hero

Unread post by slade the sniper »

Killer Cyborg wrote:

Because **** humans anyway!
The beauty of A world or a handful of worlds.
The paragon of animals.
Yet what do they DO with their ability?
They kill, they rape, they steal, they manipulate.
They abandon.
They betray.
Even though they know it's wrong, they pretend that they're right in order to protect their own pathetic egos.

They're not amoral beings, that could be forgiven. These are creatures that understand morality, that PREACH morality, but then they turn their backs on you just because you're different. Then they try to kill you.
They created a superior race. They did what all life longs to do, create children who are better than they are, but then they, in their egomaniacal self-importance, couldn't stand being second best, so they attempted infanticide against their own offspring.
And they failed.
Not only are they evil enough to try to kill their own children out of jealousy, but they're incompetent enough to fail at it.
They're the worst.
They're everything wrong with an imperfect universe.
They know what's right, but they do what's wrong anyway, and they can't even do THAT right.
They're a retarded Cain who only knocked Abel unconscious, and it's only right that Abel return the favor in kind, only with at least some skill and efficiency.

If they were strong, they wouldn't have needed to build the Mechanoids.
If they were smart, they wouldn't have created life that they did not want.
If they were loving, they wouldn't have tried to kill their own creations out of spite.

Humans are weak.
Humans are stupid.
Humans are hateful.

It is only right to destroy them- the universe is better off without them, a stronger, wiser, more loving universe.

Mechanoids are strong- they can fly through the boundless vacuum of unexplored space.
Mechanoids are wise- they create wonders that humans can barely fathom.
Mechanoids do no turn on their own (except a few aberrants who are soon to be dealt with).
Mechanoids exist in harmony with each other, and once the humans (and their physical and spiritual brethren) are destroyed, the universe will be in harmony, for the first time since humans blighted existence with the tread of their unworthy feet.

Genius!!! :bandit:

-STS
My skin is not a sin - Carlos Wallace
A man's rights rest in three boxes. The ballot box, jury box and the cartridge box - Frederick Douglass
I am a firm believer that men with guns can solve any problem - Inscriptus
Any system in which the most populated areas have the most political power, creates an incentive for areas that want power to increase their population - Killer Cyborg
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

Yeah, I don't think there's much more to say. Basically humans are poo-heads.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Humans are generally regarded as the rats of the universe...Oh, there are species like the Ratlings that have a reputation for being scheming downtrodden underachievers, but Humans are THE apex vermin, because we're so successful and widespread across the Megaverse. Worse yet, we've infected others with our attitudes, with alliances and organizations that spread the idea that we're great and good and wonderful, with everybody else who agrees with us our best friends or happy mascots.
It's like Orwell's Animal Farm where the swine get the sheep chorus to blat out "Four legs GOOD, two legs BETTER!" despite the fact that this declaration immediately makes the chorus second-class citizens.

Now the Mechanoids will chum with the non-humanoids who haven't bought into this attitude, peoples who don't pony to the humanoids' club-house mentallity, and wouldn't be members even if offered a place. Peoples like the insectoid Donarii(sp?) who aren't about to roll over and play nice with the soft-skinned tottering two-legs when all the evidence shows that on an individual basis, the insectoids are just plain superior.

The Mechanoids thus serve as counter-balance vermin exterminators, and clubhouse managers for the left-outs from the Great Hunanoid (Anti)Social Club. If you're (un)lucky enough to be born non-humanoid, and you don't appreciate being pushed around by them, odds are, you'll find a friend in the Mechanoids.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Killer Cyborg wrote:These are creatures that understand morality, that PREACH morality, but then they turn their backs on you just because you're different. Then they try to kill you.

And they failed.

Got shivers reading this and how it meshes perfectly with my favorite Paladin's thoughts.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse

Return to “The Mechanoids®”