Psionic Starting Selection?

This is where you can all discuss our favorite nemesis ... The Mechanoids®, Enjoy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Psionic Starting Selection?

Unread post by Grell »

It says that a master psionic has access to powers running the gamut of levels 1-3 psionic powers, but there is no information on what the power selection is. For lesser classes of psionics it hints that there is a random roll to determine powers, but again nothing listed concerning the power selection. For a player with a master psionic I made a quick ruling that he could select one power per each psionic power level per character level of experience.

My question is that if there is a concrete rule on power selection in the mechanoid trilogy, where is it or does anyone else have a better way to handle psionic power selection than my ruling above?
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Re: Psionic Starting Selection?

Unread post by Grell »

Arion wrote:
Grell wrote:It says that a master psionic has access to powers running the gamut of levels 1-3 psionic powers, but there is no information on what the power selection is. For lesser classes of psionics it hints that there is a random roll to determine powers, but again nothing listed concerning the power selection. For a player with a master psionic I made a quick ruling that he could select one power per each psionic power level per character level of experience.

My question is that if there is a concrete rule on power selection in the mechanoid trilogy, where is it or does anyone else have a better way to handle psionic power selection than my ruling above?

The Mechanoid Invasion Trilogy: Page 31, bottom right side "Determining Psionic Abilities"

50% chance to know each ability. So at creation, you roll for each level one psioninc ability to see if you have it. At the 2nd level you roll for those, etc.

Wow, sorry I missed this response! Thank you, that makes sense! :)
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg

Return to “The Mechanoids®”