Rifts Mechanoid Player Character Question...

This is where you can all discuss our favorite nemesis ... The Mechanoids®, Enjoy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Anthar
Hero
Comment: Killer of threads.

Re: Rifts Mechanoid Player Character Question...

Unread post by Anthar »

The ABMs were all based on "old" mechanoid designs and were quite different in tactics and outlook. There are so many new and different robot/cyborg designs that show up on Rifts earth that it is hard to match the ABMs to the evil mechanoids without having intimate knowledge of the two. Most people tend to be careful around strange robots/cyborgs bout generally don't attack them outright unless that's what they do generally.
"I love my dad because he is awesome."-My son.
Caution these rules are unclear and may be open to gross interpretation and out right misinterpretation. GM discression is strongly advised.
Rallan
Champion

Re: Rifts Mechanoid Player Character Question...

Unread post by Rallan »

Anthar wrote:The ABMs were all based on "old" mechanoid designs and were quite different in tactics and outlook. There are so many new and different robot/cyborg designs that show up on Rifts earth that it is hard to match the ABMs to the evil mechanoids without having intimate knowledge of the two. Most people tend to be careful around strange robots/cyborgs bout generally don't attack them outright unless that's what they do generally.

Yeah on most of Rifts Earth an AbM is in no more danger than any other unidentified robot doohickey. On Rifts Earth the Mechanoids only built up their terrifying reputation in the northeastern United States, and outside that area the only folks who'd be familiar with them would be the governments of various North American nations and the New German Republic (who I'm pretty sure were briefed by the Coalition States on the threat, but I'm too lazy to check). Other than that, all you'd really have to worry about would be running afoul of minions of Lord Splynncryth, since he knows about them thanks to the Kittani originally being refugees from a galazy overran by Mechanoids. Up against those guys an AbM is in deep trouble. Up against anyone else and it really depends on whether the locals have a shoot first and ask questions later attitude towards the unknown.

Return to “The Mechanoids®”