New Cybernetics News

Mysticism, spies, cybernetic implants, & cool vehicles. Discuss these two great classics here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Mantisking
Hero

New Cybernetics News

Unread post by Mantisking »

Amazing new cybernetics.
"I know twenty-six different points on your body I could hit and release enzymes into your brain to compel you to tell the truth -- Talk!"
Barry Ween, The Adventures of Barry Ween Boy Genius, Monkey Tales #3
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

Very cool! Thank you for sharing this link. It's worth noting what ways our medical professionals and engineers are taking us at this time. That future looks bright for those who could use this assistance!
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Mantisking
Hero

Here's another interesting piece of news.

The bit that got me was this.
The working group's mission is to develop shiort-range wireless technology both in and around the body.

Body Comp, anyone?
sinestus
Adventurer

Unread post by sinestus »

combine new cyber hands with new robot bodies and i think we have our cull conversion borgs easilly on the way...
[/url]
I believe Socrates said it best at, "I drank what?"

"JESUS SAVES! The rest of you take full damage."

They call me Hadoken 'cause I'm down-right fierce.
Mantisking
Hero

sinestus wrote:combine new cyber hands with new robot bodies and i think we have our cull conversion borgs easilly on the way.

Maybe not full conversion cyborgs, but Landmates will probably be on the horizon.
"I know twenty-six different points on your body I could hit and release enzymes into your brain to compel you to tell the truth -- Talk!"
Mantisking
Hero

Re: New Cybernetics News

I just stumbled across this little piece of news.
Mantisking
Hero

And here's the follow up.
Overlord Rikonius
Hero
Comment: I'm basically a sexy Rasputin!

Unread post by Overlord Rikonius »

Munchkin Slappin GM wrote:Another 20yrs. and we'll be able make cyborgs.

Depending on how you define "cyborg" one might say that we make them now, since there are people with pacemakers, artificial organs, prosthetics that communicate to the nervous system, cybernetic eyes and ears...
If you mean replacing most of the body with mechanical parts, that may be a ways off. Then again, if someone needed all four prosthetic limbs and eyes and cochlear implants and an artificial heart (all things we can do individually today), I don't know if there's any barriers beyond the obvious fiscal ones blocking that from getting done.
GP: 16,019.8 / JP: 30 / MZP: 75
"Overlord Rikonius is the Roland Deschain of Bad Puns, he fires them off that fast" - CornholioPrime
"Rik is a deep and abundant reservoir of cool..." - Yisterwald
Party hydrants strive when they have a sorority backed by beige regurgitations.
slade the sniper
Hero

Unread post by slade the sniper »

While we can "replace" a lot of capability due to injury, congenital issues are a bit more difficult to fix.

Also, while there are artificial limbs and hearts and sundry "small parts" that we can replace, they just don't function as well as the real thing.

When we get to point of replacement with no loss of capability, that will be something good and will be very good for society and individuals, but we still won't get the Gibson-esque 'borgs until we have the capability to "upgrade" biology that will lead people to get "pre-emptive" cyberwear.

-STS
My skin is not a sin - Carlos Wallace
A man's rights rest in three boxes. The ballot box, jury box and the cartridge box - Frederick Douglass
I am a firm believer that men with guns can solve any problem - Inscriptus
Any system in which the most populated areas have the most political power, creates an incentive for areas that want power to increase their population - Killer Cyborg
Mantisking
Hero

Return to “Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™”