Neg Chi Abilities limits?

Mysticism, spies, cybernetic implants, & cool vehicles. Discuss these two great classics here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Natalya

Neg Chi Abilities limits?

Unread post by Natalya »

While looking through the Negative Chi section in MC, I noticed what looks to be an oversight.

For Control Negative Chi (Adv Ability), there is no time limit for how long the subsections of Enslave/Control through Negative Chi and Inflict Temporary Insanity through Negative Chi last. I know the obvious answer is probably "until the body is refilled with Positive Chi", but I need a more concrete answer.

The problem is that we have two Reformed Demons. Now while one has hit sufficient advancement to handle being filled with Positive Chi, the other hasn't.

The GM has ruled that the demons are fair game for the other Negative Chi abilities, so this would probably apply. And I really don't want to bring a potential problem to him without a suggestion for solving it.

Any ideas for time limits/countering abilities?
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

there are not limits to the duration. it lasts as long as they are filled with positve chi. that IS concerte answer.

as far as the demons, no, because in Ninja's and superspys it says that a negative chi master is immune to other negative chi attacks while filled with negative chi.

demons, reformed or not, are negative chi masters filled with negative chi
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Natalya

Unread post by Natalya »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:as far as the demons, no, because in Ninja's and superspys it says that a negative chi master is immune to other negative chi attacks while filled with negative chi.

Can you tell me where that's at? I'm not seeing it in the Chi section. Meanwhile, we're hoping/praying that the GM doesn't think/decide to throw that at us (Neg Chi Illnesses are bad enough, and at least they eventually wear off!)

I need a suggested solution soon, as I'm currently playing one of the demons and we're probably will be quickly walking straight into the lair of a bunch of bad guys that loooove to play with Negative Chi (according to the mission briefing given to the characters). This mission is likely nasty, as my demon and another player's ninja were brought out of retirement by the GM for this.

:?

Thanks.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Natalya wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:as far as the demons, no, because in Ninja's and superspys it says that a negative chi master is immune to other negative chi attacks while filled with negative chi.

Can you tell me where that's at? I'm not seeing it in the Chi section. Meanwhile, we're hoping/praying that the GM doesn't think/decide to throw that at us (Neg Chi Illnesses are bad enough, and at least they eventually wear off!)

I need a suggested solution soon, as I'm currently playing one of the demons and we're probably will be quickly walking straight into the lair of a bunch of bad guys that loooove to play with Negative Chi (according to the mission briefing given to the characters). This mission is likely nasty, as my demon and another player's ninja were brought out of retirement by the GM for this.

:?

Thanks.

right under the section on negative chi combat. I'll find the exsact passage in a few hours when I'm home with my books.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

I think the line Nekira was talking about is in the Chi Powers (Negative) description. It says that thos "infected" with Negative chi are vulnerable. However...you can not "infect" a being of negative chi WITH negative chi. :D
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
Mantisking
Hero

Unread post by Mantisking »

Originally posted by Natalya.
While looking through the Negative Chi section in MC, I noticed what looks to be an oversight.

For Control Negative Chi (Adv Ability), there is no time limit for how long the subsections of Enslave/Control through Negative Chi and Inflict Temporary Insanity through Negative Chi last. I know the obvious answer is probably "until the body is refilled with Positive Chi", but I need a more concrete answer.

The problem is that we have two Reformed Demons. Now while one has hit sufficient advancement to handle being filled with Positive Chi, the other hasn't.

The GM has ruled that the demons are fair game for the other Negative Chi abilities, so this would probably apply. And I really don't want to bring a potential problem to him without a suggestion for solving it.
Mystic China, page 155, top paragraph of the left column. Any character that has at least one Negative Chi Mastery Ability can automatically dodge or parry any Control Negative Chi attack.
"I know twenty-six different points on your body I could hit and release enzymes into your brain to compel you to tell the truth -- Talk!"
Barry Ween, The Adventures of Barry Ween Boy Genius, Monkey Tales #3

Return to “Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™”