N&SS and Cyberpunk

Mysticism, spies, cybernetic implants, & cool vehicles. Discuss these two great classics here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

RoadWarriorFWaNK
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: on a death march

Unread post by RoadWarriorFWaNK »

chi is a component of the living, breathing world. you couldn't fill a computer with chi (for the the purposes of cyberjacking) any more than you could fill it with the wind.
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

RoadWarriorFWaNK wrote:chi is a component of the living, breathing world. you couldn't fill a computer with chi (for the the purposes of cyberjacking) any more than you could fill it with the wind.

Actually everything has Chi, even inanimate objects. They merely have a lot less than living creatures.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
RoadWarriorFWaNK

Tinker Dragoon wrote:
RoadWarriorFWaNK wrote:chi is a component of the living, breathing world. you couldn't fill a computer with chi (for the the purposes of cyberjacking) any more than you could fill it with the wind.

Actually everything has Chi, even inanimate objects. They merely have a lot less than living creatures.

the computer terminal itself would have chi.
a cyber-reality isn't real and wouldn't have Chi. It's just ones and zeros in the computer's software. it doesn't exist.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

RoadWarriorFWaNK wrote:
Tinker Dragoon wrote:

the computer terminal itself would have chi.
a cyber-reality isn't real and wouldn't have Chi. It's just ones and zeros in the computer's software. it doesn't exist.

no, cyber-reality is electric impulses though switches. electricity has chi.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
RoadWarriorFWaNK

maybe i dont fully understand what is meant by cyber-jacking.
I'm imagining a computer simulated reality like the Matrix.
Am I wrong in saying there is no Chi in the constructed dreamworld of the Matrix? Do computer files have Chi? I don't imagine so.
Mantisking
Hero

Unread post by Mantisking »

This could be a fun idea. A new Chi Realm for the characters to explore. Here's the "recipe" I came up with on the drive home.
1.) Take equal parts of "Tron" and "Mystic China".
2.) Mix vigorously.
3.) Flavor to taste with "Wacky GM's Ideas".
4.) Let simmer over the fires of your Imagination until ready.
5.) Enjoy!
"I know twenty-six different points on your body I could hit and release enzymes into your brain to compel you to tell the truth -- Talk!"
Barry Ween, The Adventures of Barry Ween Boy Genius, Monkey Tales #3
acreRake
Hero
Comment: Greatest Rune Gardenweasel

Unread post by acreRake »

gadrin wrote:...I'm thinking of an electronic version and obviously beyond the rules a bit.

I know Ride the Yin Tiger will let you walk to other "realms"; I guess Cyberspace is too far a stretch.
You can walk to other realms with Mind walk Zenjoriki (sp?) too, if you know about them, IIRC. I like the idea of a supernatural hacker in the NSS/MC mode...

I think you are right to think that some how the (non existent) "place" would need to be invested with chi in order for anything chi to go there... Maybe even to the point where in order to mind walk/ride the tiger into a Total Immersion interface, the system would need to be designed and programmed by a chi mage/immortalist with that ability (filling things with chi).

Alternately i think the person doing it would need to have the code available to base the chi investiture off of, or maybe have a data plug and "visited" the system via a cyberjack.

Since i can no longer tell what i'm talking about i'll go, but finally:

RE a computer animus: IF you could create an electrical (metal) animus AND detatch it, it might be possible to send it into a computer. And given the supernatural and magical qualities of such a thing it would probably be able to defend your system from hackers, especially other supernatural ones (lightning riders, Mechano-Linkers and Machine Ghosts)
tsh77769
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by tsh77769 »

I remeber once having come upon a Cyberpunk 2020 website that had a whole theme/campaign/setting based around a martial arts dojo. The web page had black and red coloring at least on the amian page and a swan or crane logo, that, I think, was the logo of the dojo (I thinkt the BG was red and the swan or cranew logo was black). I remember reading that they charged tuition but that for promising students who could not pay the tutioon they were allowed to work it off doing chores around the dojo.

They had some great stuff.

Anyone have any idea what I am talking about. Apologies for the the thread-jacking.

TSH77769
Tsh77769@homtail.com
highpriestrsw2
Explorer

idea for chi w/ computers

Unread post by highpriestrsw2 »

ok...I'm not sure where but I'm sure that I've heard something on the net about computer manufactures trying to use fish cells to manufacture microscopic computer processors...with that in mind if the computer had some kind of organic component couldn't you fill it with chi or mind walk with it or in it or using it as some sort of a focus?
" Forward Clucky! To battle!"
-MrGiggles

Return to “Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™”