Questions about mystic china in rifts

Mysticism, spies, cybernetic implants, & cool vehicles. Discuss these two great classics here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

RoadWarriorFWaNK
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: on a death march

Re: Questions about mystic china in rifts

Unread post by RoadWarriorFWaNK »

Morgoth wrote:Q #1 Where do i find the rifts conversion rules for Mystic china

Q #2 If your inside an accelerating vehicle and you Discorporate do you end up outside the vehicle when you come back from being one with the universe?

Q #3 Can Heal Mind chi power remove a Crazys insanitys?

Q #4 Can a Psi stalker use his sense SN to find a chi master?

Q #5 Where would i find information on how the coalition feels about chi masters?

1. Rifter #3. go buy a copy if you can find one. it's good stuff.
2. sure, why not.
3. sure, why not.
4. no. people with chi powers arent supernatural creatures, psychics, or mages. unless you've got one of those Mystic China mages. Wu Shihs are awesome.
5. there might be some in Rifter #3. but i think it would be pretty obvious that the CS would totally be against chi mastery. for one thing, you're learning something new. for another thing, you're manipulating an energy they don't understand. they wouldn't even need to ask. if they see you using chi powers, they shoot.
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

1) Rifter #3 has some as might the Revised Conversion Book, though I wouldn't really recommend either book. :p

2) Don't know for certain, but I would assume so.

3) The temporary version might work, but a permanent cure will be impossible due to the fact that the character still has a bunch of hardware in his head continuing to damage the brain.

4) In my opinion, and in accordance with Mystic China itself, no. Officially though, Chi in Rifts is just another name for PPE or ISP (depending on whether you use Rifts Japan or the RCB) and Chi masters are just specialized mystics or psychics (blargh).

5) Nowhere, but it can be inferred from their attitudes towards everything else that a martial artist wih mystical chi powers will be seen as just as much a threat as mages and demons.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Mantisking
Hero

Unread post by Mantisking »

Originally posted by Morgoth.
Q #5 Where would i find information on how the coalition feels about chi masters?
I'd say it'd be kind of like how Communist China originally felt about martial arts masters. Exterminate, exterminate!!
"I know twenty-six different points on your body I could hit and release enzymes into your brain to compel you to tell the truth -- Talk!"
Barry Ween, The Adventures of Barry Ween Boy Genius, Monkey Tales #3
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Actually... Chi and P.P.E. are not the same thing. Chi mages can convert one to the other and vice versa, but can not power a chi component with P.P.E., nor a P.P.E. requirement with Chi. However, they are both present in ley-lines (or Dragon Roads to put a Chinese spin on things), and based on or involved with a character's P.E.
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
Mantisking
Hero

Unread post by Mantisking »

Originally posted by Macksting.
The question is largely moot, of course; the rarity of chi mastery in Rifts Earth is close to its rarity in After the Bomb or other post-apocalyptic settings. Sure, the folk were hard to kill, but a) they still could be, and b) there's nobody left to learn it if they survive. For that matter, such studies take time most struggling survivors don't have.
It all depends on how you set up your version of Rifts. If he has a lot of martial arts surviving, then thats the way it is. Also, Rifts is a Post-Post-Apocalyptic game. But that's really beside the point.

Originally posted by Borast.
Actually... Chi and P.P.E. are not the same thing. Chi mages can convert one to the other and vice versa, but can not power a chi component with P.P.E., nor a P.P.E. requirement with Chi. However, they are both present in ley-lines (or Dragon Roads to put a Chinese spin on things), and based on or involved with a character's P.E.
Actually, Tinker Dragoon said
Officially though, Chi in Rifts is just another name for PPE or ISP (depending on whether you use Rifts Japan or the RCB) and Chi masters are just specialized mystics or psychics (blargh).
so he's correct when it comes to the Rifts setting.
"I know twenty-six different points on your body I could hit and release enzymes into your brain to compel you to tell the truth -- Talk!"
Barry Ween, The Adventures of Barry Ween Boy Genius, Monkey Tales #3

Return to “Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™”