Spirit Burst Questions

Mysticism, spies, cybernetic implants, & cool vehicles. Discuss these two great classics here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

VIsgar
Explorer
Comment: Reflux adept.

Spirit Burst Questions

Unread post by VIsgar »

The Zenjoriki power Spirit Burst requires 1 chi (negative or positive) to use but consumes no chi.

A. Is it an action per melee to keep it maintained?

B. If I infected someone with negative chi could I later use Spirit Burst to remove it from them so they can get back to healing?

C. Is the no save vs blind for creatures of negative chi?

D. Do all negative chi creatures (vampires, demons, devils, undead, etc) turn into a pure chi form?
Axelmania
Knight

Re: Spirit Burst Questions

Unread post by Axelmania »

I get the impression even if you're a negative chi master you may not be able to spend other people's negative chi.

One exception seems to be the "Convert Chi to PPE" spell which can be used to rid yourself of a negative chi infection.

I'm not aware of those creatures having the power to convert into pure chi, I don't think even all the MC demons have that ability.
VIsgar
Explorer
Comment: Reflux adept.

Unread post by VIsgar »

As a negative chi master say I destroy someones positive chi and infect them with negative chi, but I did not take chiatsu to remove the negative chi infection afterwards.

Would the spirit burst, which drains negative chi from targets that are not you whether based on positive or negative, be able to remove the negative chi infection from the target I'd previously attacked.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

VIsgar wrote:The Zenjoriki power Spirit Burst requires 1 chi (negative or positive) to use but consumes no chi.

A. Is it an action per melee to keep it maintained?

B. If I infected someone with negative chi could I later use Spirit Burst to remove it from them so they can get back to healing?

C. Is the no save vs blind for creatures of negative chi?

D. Do all negative chi creatures (vampires, demons, devils, undead, etc) turn into a pure chi form?

A: No. You just can't use it when you have 0 chi. It lasts as long as you want for free once activated, although I suspect it has to shut down when you are trying to sleep/meditate, but otheriwse nothing stops you from using it constantly at all waking hours other than the fact other Chi users will get annoyed at you for doing the equivlent of playing a sterio at maximum volume all day.
B: Yes
C: No. It's specifically discribed as the same as looking at the Sun. You can't stare at the sun then roll a Save vs. something to avoid going blind, it's just going to happen. At the same time they can just not look at you to avoid going blind, same as the sun. just don't stare at the character.
D: No. Mostly only chinese infernals do.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon

Return to “Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™”