Starting Adventures

Mysticism, spies, cybernetic implants, & cool vehicles. Discuss these two great classics here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Carl Gleba
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Starting Adventures

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

I'm curious as to what anyone has done as a starting adventure? How did you get the characters together?

Also what are some of the plots you have run. I've never run this for my group and one day I want to try my hand at it.

I'm sure I could use some of the spy movies out there, but I'm looking for something more original?

Thanks for the input :ok:
ImageImage
Shawn Merrow
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Re: Starting Adventures

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

If you can catch it Strike Back on Cinemax would be a good inspiration for a Special Forces type unit.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Noon
Champion

Unread post by Noon »

Ask the players a life goal their character has. If their character has none, you're in trouble!

If you're writing a module, perhaps list three or four kind of generic life goals (accumulation of wealth or power is a classic, searching for someone or something is another) for GM's to tie in the module to the PC's.
Carl Gleba

Food for thought, thanks guys :ok:
ImageImage
Shawn Merrow
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Shadow Ops: Control Point by Myke Cole is an interesting mix of supernatural and Special Ops. I'm almost done with book 1 and really enjoying it.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Carl Gleba

Good stuff. Thanks guys.
ImageImage
slade the sniper
Hero

Unread post by slade the sniper »

Shawn Merrow wrote:Shadow Ops: Control Point by Myke Cole is an interesting mix of supernatural and Special Ops. I'm almost done with book 1 and really enjoying it.

That was a good book...sort of like Shadowrun right after the return of magic...

-STS
My skin is not a sin - Carlos Wallace
A man's rights rest in three boxes. The ballot box, jury box and the cartridge box - Frederick Douglass
I am a firm believer that men with guns can solve any problem - Inscriptus
Any system in which the most populated areas have the most political power, creates an incentive for areas that want power to increase their population - Killer Cyborg
Carl Gleba

Mephisto wrote:Carl are you going to a purely N&S game, or one that incorporates other elements like Mystic China, BTS2, Recon and other material? Because N&S is largely a toolbox game with a lot of disparate elements unlike Rifts and Palladium Fantasy that have a built-in setting to draw from.

Right now I'm toying with just purely a N&S game. Kind of looking at taking elements of burn notice and knight rider. I don't have any players at the moment so it's something I'm fooling around with to keep busy.
ImageImage
Noon
Champion

Unread post by Noon »

Burn Ninjas
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

I am currently writing up a N&S adventure for the Rifter (no MC) and most of our players have never played N&S.

I've started it in the Australian underground where all the players have infiltrated a "no holds barred" blood sport underground fighting league. A the very start of the adventure all the characters happen to be in a royal rumble contest in an abandoned parking lot...

You'll have to wait for the rest...
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited

Return to “Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™”