WP white jade fan

Mysticism, spies, cybernetic implants, & cool vehicles. Discuss these two great classics here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

WP white jade fan

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Am I stupid, did I miss this?

(pls note that is actually one question about not being able to find this WP, not just "am I stupid?".....) :erm:
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: WP white jade fan

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

your not stupid, it's actually missing.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

I thought I remembered reading somewhere that it uses WP Blunt.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

RuneKatana wrote:Never played n&ss but I believe Rifts Japan has WP fan.

I'll use that then, Ty.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

I'm wondering if you might be looking at it in Mystic China, because N&SS pg 87 under 'Weapon Katas' says "W.P. Blunt: Uses White Jade Fan".

I think what this means is that the metal fan is folded up and used for poking and whacking and stuff like that.

The different WP in Rifts Japan would probably be for if you were using an open fan, maybe? But Chi Hsuan Men is a Chinese art, so I think Blunt is the proper one.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

Tor wrote:I'm wondering if you might be looking at it in Mystic China, because N&SS pg 87 under 'Weapon Katas' says "W.P. Blunt: Uses White Jade Fan".

I think what this means is that the metal fan is folded up and used for poking and whacking and stuff like that.

The different WP in Rifts Japan would probably be for if you were using an open fan, maybe? But Chi Hsuan Men is a Chinese art, so I think Blunt is the proper one.

I wasnt but I have Mystic China, I'll look it up. It's for my next Rifter article (a N&S adventure) which Ive just finalised the plot/scenarios. I wanted it to only be applicable to N&S and not MC so I have refrained from looking in that book in case I use something. It's just for a lead villains bonuses that I need it (oops, spoiler).
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

Tor wrote: because N&SS pg 87 under 'Weapon Katas' says "W.P. Blunt: Uses White Jade Fan".

That Revised N&S. But ty.

Question now is what damage?
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
syntheticlife4m
D-Bee

Unread post by syntheticlife4m »

The Dark Elf wrote:Question now is what damage?

1d4 was the listed damage I've seen in past Palladium books. There was a couple of fan users in the TMNT rpg adventure books.
fb.com/thepalladiummegaverse
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

syntheticlife4m wrote:
The Dark Elf wrote:Question now is what damage?

1d4 was the listed damage I've seen in past Palladium books. There was a couple of fan users in the TMNT rpg adventure books.

Sweet ty mate!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

But not useless in being an awesome, mysterious NPC character! (wont do much fighting - more intimidating, intrigue and being mysterious and training trash mobs). Besides, as an NPC I can adjust some useless things.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

Rappanui wrote:white jade fan style is mostly useful for delivering Attemi and chi attacks. that' what the fan was useful for. Otherwise its' useless in combat

What about parrying? I thought it was metal.
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

It didn't need it, since it defaulted to blunt. Just like how staffs default to blunt even though there is a distinct WP staff elsewhere. Or how WP. trident exists in Rifts Underseas even though elsewhere it says tridents default to either spear or forked.

Always wondered if multiple WP skills stacked for weapons covered under multiple ones like that.

Return to “Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™”