Snake Style Kung Fu Question/Confusion

Mysticism, spies, cybernetic implants, & cool vehicles. Discuss these two great classics here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Yendor
Dungeon Crawler

Snake Style Kung Fu Question/Confusion

Unread post by Yendor »

Despite loving, and using, both N&SS and MC, stumbled upon a part that always confused me, and was curious how everyone else handles it.

Under Snake Style Kung Fu, they get the following special attack:
"One-Fingertip Attack (Special! Does absolutely no damage but serves to channel Chi attacks directly to Hit Points.)."

How is this resolved? Is it akin to Negative Chi combat? Or just a one to one ratio (one negative chi = 1 H.P. of damage).
Nightmask
Palladin

Re: Snake Style Kung Fu Question/Confusion

Unread post by Nightmask »

With as many times as I've read the book I never noticed that, but sheesh for a moderately leveled character you could one-hit-kill a lot of people given the legitimate ways one could get into the 100+ range for Chi (since zeroing someone's HP is going to kill them even if they have all their SDC intact).
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Mantisking
Hero

Unread post by Mantisking »

"I know twenty-six different points on your body I could hit and release enzymes into your brain to compel you to tell the truth -- Talk!"
Barry Ween, The Adventures of Barry Ween Boy Genius, Monkey Tales #3
Yendor
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Yendor »

Awesome, thanks Mantis. Spun a HU2 Mystically Bestowed (origins basically give him Snake Style Kung Fu when transformed, along with a handful of Chi magic spells), hence my confusion/inquiry.

Return to “Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™”