Ninjas & Superspies + TMNT?

Mysticism, spies, cybernetic implants, & cool vehicles. Discuss these two great classics here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Ninjas & Superspies + TMNT?

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

There is not a standardized way to do this I am afraid.

Whats more, as Palladium no longer holds the TMNT licence, they cannot legally create a standardized way either.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Palladium owns the ruleset that was made yes, but they can no longer make or modify any rules relating to what's already published, nor than they reprint books.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

OppR2nist wrote:I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this Q, but hopefully I can be pointed in the right direction.

I want to make a mutant character using TMNT, but I want to use some of the martial arts forms from Ninjas & Superspies. Is there a standardized way to do this?

The best I can figure is to make a mutant animal in TMNT, then select an OCC from Ninjas & Superspies. The problem with this seems to be that your end product is made of absolute whoop-a!! compared to anything else that the systems may come up with separately.

I welcome any support on this.

The answer to you question is on page 165 of the N&S book just above the picture of the juicer.
----------------------
Nekira Sudacne wrote:There is not a standardized way to do this I am afraid.

Whats more, as Palladium no longer holds the TMNT license, they cannot legally create a standardized way either.

SN is correct in saying that PB can not make any new post-license canon about combining the TMNT books with any of their product line.
----------------------------------
The TMNT concept is basically HU with only the physical- & and special-training hero types.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Chronicle
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Your Local Lurker. THAT'S the Reality.....

Email: Chronos47@gmail.com

Unread post by Chronicle »

well, i don't see a problem taking an AtB character sheet and rolling up in the current times as a trained killer. Its been done many times in TV shows and cartoons. Making a dedicated MA or a Worldly MA wouldn't be a hinderence in my opinion.
Your local Lurker and Temporal Wizard Extrodinaire,

Chronicle

Cosmic Forge or bust.

Love me some Phood

Where is the wood in Wormwood.

"How Are you a Super Power" -Sterling Archer
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

OppR2nist wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:The answer to you question is on page 165 of the N&S book just above the picture of the juicer.

Ok. I'm aware of that page. Unfortunately, It's INCREDIBLY inadequate for adapting characters. TMNT gives out skill training based on the education tables. The OCCs in N&S give you even more skills, plus attribute bonuses. Am I expected to lay on the OCC after finishing my character?

That brings me back to my initial point. Any character I make in this manner will be more powerful than any character I'd be able to make with each game separately. That doesn't seem right.

It was going to that page that made me ask the question in the first place.

The easy way would be to let the players pick one MAF for their chars in trade for a skill program.
Another thing you could do is to use the MA variant h2h's in Rifts japan, to supplement of the 'ninjutsu' found in the TMNT book. Instead of using the N&S MAF's.

Picking the class (skill sets) is always after making the "body" of the char.

Another thing,
...filling in the inadequacies of the game with house rules is the job of the GM.
The best house rules for your group are the ones you come up with.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

OppR2nist wrote:So then you couldn't re-create the TMNT in N&S if you wanted to. Ninjitsu is not in the list you mention. The paragraph also references urban mutants specifically. So four turtles that mutate ina city sewer and are trained by a mutated rat couldn't possibly become ninjas.

That list says that they're likely limited to the more common ones, not that they're of a certainty limited to them. With a reasonable backstory it's not impossible for a mutant animal in NYC to learn Ninjitsu (or even Tien Hsueh Touch Mastery), not like ninja masters are magically incapable of leaving Japan after all. A small displaced clan in NYC trains a mutant animal as a ninja like themselves.

In general mutant animals don't have stats that far above what an average human has, sure some enhanced senses and maybe some built in weapons humans don't have but nothing spectacular in general unless it's a particularly loaded-out species. Even then it doesn't make them so powerful as to load the game too much in their favor.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
r4o19b
D-Bee

Unread post by r4o19b »

In both n&ss and tmnt&os, it describes using tmnt in n&ss.

This is exactly what I'm doing in my current campaign.
I use the mutant animal AS the occ. In the mutant creation section, you get the skills and possible ma forms.
I then choose from the abbreviated ma forms list or, with an appropriate backstory, choose from the full 41.
I usually end up with a shorter (around 5') mutant animal with a decent set of skills and powers. Strong, but not op.
.all things are circular.

Return to “Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™”