New movie, new gadgets

Mysticism, spies, cybernetic implants, & cool vehicles. Discuss these two great classics here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

New movie, new gadgets

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

I just watched the trailer for the new "mission impossible" movie and saw a few gadgets. The one that stood out was the glass climbing gloves, to climb up the outside a skyscraper.

1) What are some of your favorite gadgets?
2) What are some you have made?
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: New movie, new gadgets

Unread post by 13eowulf »

I keep trying to acquire or build a self retracting and expanding bow, and a variety of trick arrows in various games, normally I run into resistance from my GMs though.
Oderint Dum Metuant.
Trooper Jim
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Huh! What? There was homework???

Unread post by Trooper Jim »

13eowulf wrote:I keep trying to acquire or build a self retracting and expanding bow, and a variety of trick arrows in various games, normally I run into resistance from my GMs though.

Why? I hate it when GMs do that.
Lord Z
Hero
Comment: Court of Tarot author

Unread post by Lord Z »

For a Shadowrun game, I had a character who built his own umbrella. Most Shadowrun games are set in Seatle, so there is absolutely nothing suspicious about him carrying an umbrella. The cloth was bullet-resistant fabric, the metal tip could deliver a ectro-stun charge, and the handle could detach as a short sword. I never got a chance to use it.
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913
krate
Explorer

Unread post by krate »

Lord Z wrote:For a Shadowrun game, I had a character who built his own umbrella. Most Shadowrun games are set in Seatle, so there is absolutely nothing suspicious about him carrying an umbrella. The cloth was bullet-resistant fabric, the metal tip could deliver a ectro-stun charge, and the handle could detach as a short sword. I never got a chance to use it.

Tough brake, chummer.
Please visit my DeviantArt page http://krateworx.deviantart.com/
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

13eowulf wrote:I keep trying to acquire or build a self retracting and expanding bow, and a variety of trick arrows in various games, normally I run into resistance from my GMs though.

Some Trick Arrows I came up with some time ago... http://wiki.thedeificnmi.com/index.php? ... ech_Arrows
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again

Return to “Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™”