Creating Mystic Vajra question

Mysticism, spies, cybernetic implants, & cool vehicles. Discuss these two great classics here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Nightmask
Palladin

Creating Mystic Vajra question

Unread post by Nightmask »

So what exactly is the cost in time and PPE to create these things? There's a listed casting time of six hours per point in the heading yet it refers to taking a week per point in the body of the text. What's more I just can't see how it figures out the PPE cost as the example given shows it taking 1680 PPE to create a six-tined version which is a ludicrous amount of PPE when even with maxed dice rolls I don't think a Wu Shih can even make it to 100 PPE, when the most he can start with is just 46 and they've generally no access to Ley Lines or other forms of PPE to augment themselves.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Creating Mystic Vajra question

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

It is 1680 PPE over 6 weeks of construction. wich works out to 40 PPE per day.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:It is 1680 PPE over 6 weeks of construction. wich works out to 40 PPE per day.

Which is still ludicrous, and as I noted I don't even see how they arrive at that figure in the first place. Plus Palladium so far as I've seen has never had a 'casting the PPE in as you go' for creating something it's 'and after all that prep time you finally cast the PPE at the end', and Wu Shih are horribly limited when it comes to PPE both personally and what they can acquire from other sources. If they didn't want to introduce something that could potentially provide large amounts of PPE and Chi to a PC they shouldn't have in the first place instead of giving something that has such draconian requirements.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

The way alchemists (see the PF main book) make magic items is to enchant the item a little at a time over weeks, months time. So the enchanting of the permanently enchanted item over time is a part of the PB magic rules. This is also how TW stuff is made also.

The 'use the PPE at the end' is a part of how invocation spells work.

As to the limited PPE, That is why they make 1 or 2 tine vajra first so they have enough PPE to make the large PPE.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™”