Any ideas for Spies trough the Ages?

Mysticism, spies, cybernetic implants, & cool vehicles. Discuss these two great classics here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gaby
Knight

Any ideas for Spies trough the Ages?

Unread post by gaby »

N&SS came from the James Bond,s movies of the 60s.

How do you set up a Spies game in the 40s or Earlier?
Mantisking
Hero

Re: Any ideas for Spies trough the Ages?

Unread post by Mantisking »

gaby wrote:How do you set up a Spies game in the 40s or Earlier?

In the 40's you have the Office of Strategic Services leading to the establishment of the C.I.A. in 1947. Earlier than that you could do MI-6 for England or maybe MI-8 for America. There's always the "Great Game" period.
"I know twenty-six different points on your body I could hit and release enzymes into your brain to compel you to tell the truth -- Talk!"
Barry Ween, The Adventures of Barry Ween Boy Genius, Monkey Tales #3
Mantisking
Hero

Unread post by Mantisking »

Ooohh, how about Mata Hari?
"I know twenty-six different points on your body I could hit and release enzymes into your brain to compel you to tell the truth -- Talk!"
Barry Ween, The Adventures of Barry Ween Boy Genius, Monkey Tales #3
Beatmeclever
Adventurer

Unread post by Beatmeclever »

1587 - Christopher Marlowe - Secret messages in invisible ink, assassins with stiletto knives, secret compartments in clothing, staves, and false-bottom bags, all in service to queen and country. The Three Musketeers meets William Shakespeare.
1863 - John Singleton Mosby and his Raiders- Right on the cusp of the modern world and yet so far from it! Special Operations galore!
1963 - Any CIA Agent in Europe - The Minox camera, diebold copier, microdots, dead-letter drops and brush contacts, chemically treated handkerchiefs and desk sponges, this was the meat and potatoes days of espionage!
"The impossibility of the world lies in the fact that it has no equivalent anywhere;it cannot be exchanged for anything. The uncertainty of thought lies in the fact that it cannot be exchanged either for truth or for reality. Is it thought which tips the world over into uncertainty, or the other way around? This in itself is part of the uncertainty." - J. Baudrillard

Return to “Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™”