HE MUST KILL!!!

Mysticism, spies, cybernetic implants, & cool vehicles. Discuss these two great classics here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Kovoston
Rifter® Contributer

HE MUST KILL!!!

Unread post by Kovoston »

Okay guys,

I need the most deadly form of Martial arts in any Palladium game. I have been tasked to create the assassin with a formidable martial art/ fighting form. What would it be? Ninjitsu or some other form??

Thanks,
G
Mantisking
Hero

Re: HE MUST KILL!!!

Unread post by Mantisking »

Kovoston wrote:I need the most deadly form of Martial arts in any Palladium game. I have been tasked to create the assassin with a formidable martial art/ fighting form. What would it be? Ninjitsu or some other form??

Check out this thread.
"I know twenty-six different points on your body I could hit and release enzymes into your brain to compel you to tell the truth -- Talk!"
Barry Ween, The Adventures of Barry Ween Boy Genius, Monkey Tales #3
JuliusCreed
Hero
Comment: Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift.
That's why it is called "the present".

Unread post by JuliusCreed »

Just a few that I'd recommend for any assassin types in a game;

Drunken Style Kung Fu: With the right mindset this can be one lethal form. Combining the Arts of Invisibility with a form that is hidden in and of itself makes for a dangerous combination. Not exactly a first choice personally, though. After the first encounter, if the assassin gets away, the players will tend to be a lot more suspicious of drunks.

Moo Gi Gong: I love this form for assassins! Even if it isn't combined with Hwrang Do it can be pretty kick ass considering that, no matter where you go, there's a weapon around. Even if all you've got is your wallet! A personal favorite trick is to give this form to a super soldier with an uncanny targetting ability and Manipulate Kinetic Energy. Then just carry around a couple rolls of quarters and a wallet full of IDs and credit cards. And if all else fails, duck into your local hardware store, sporting goods shop or restaurant (particularly the classier ones with the big kitchens) If it isn't nailed down, pick it up and use it. This is also a great form for re-creating scenes from a few Jackie Chan movies in his younger days when he'd really get going against a gang of bad guys (remember "Rumble in the Bronx"?)

Ninjitsu: I can't really recommend this form for an assassin unless you want to play one that specializes in the sneaky, quiet killing, such as poisons or slitting the throats when they sleep. As far as combat goes, Ninjitsu seems to be lacking a bit. Critical strikes top out at 18+, and Death Blows come in at 19+. What it lacks in overall lethality it makes up for in skills though. Unprecedented mastery of the Arts of Invisibility and a solid selection of weapon skills really help balance this out as a form. However, if I were to make a character with this I'd follow the basic rule of the Ninja; Don't fight, run. If you can't run, fight until an opportunity to run presents itself. Then run.

T'ang-Su Karate: I'm putting this up here for one reason and one reason only; Use Tamashiwara with the Combo Grab/Head Bash. ("Fist of the North Star" was AWESOME for this!!)

Tien-Hsueh Touch Mastery: All right let's face it... Dim Mak is horrible. Dim Mak is lethal. Dim Mak is feared. But above all, Dim Mak is inevitable! Give this form to an assassin and you have the most subtle and difficult killer to catch anywhere! His victims don't even know they're gonna die. They just do. And anyone that figures it out is gonna be a bit leery of trying to hunt him down. Would you like to track down a man who can kill you with a touch? I'm gonna think NO about that for a sec...

Triad Assassin: This form is great. It's the only one that so completely integrates firearms into a solid combat technique. Considering most combat in these modern times involves the use of firearms, you could say this is probably the smartest choice for an assassin to make when it comes to a combat style. Trouble is, there are no Martial Arts Powers and NO empty hand techniques. Not even a simple punch! Yes it has a Pistol Whip, but even that requires you to be holding a gun! Otherwise it would be called a punch! Luckily, there are some skills that can compensaye for that. (I'd personally recommend Boxing, Wrestling and the Kick Boxing skills. each boost attributes and add combat maneuvers to the fighter's repetoire)

Krav Mahga: On the plus side, you've got some of the best Critical and Death Blow rolls in the game with Criticals rolling in at 15+ and Death Blows at 18+. On the down side, you've got NO Martial Arts Powers and top out at 4 attacks before skills or powers. Decisions, decisions...

Anyway, those are some of what I'd go with. Creating a kickass assassin is usually pretty much a matter of style when it comes to the fighting techniques you'd want him to have. Consider the popular versions of assassin type characters in the media for example. Highly skilled superspy types like Jason Bourne of the Bourne Trilogy, Ninjas from nearly every martial arts movie in existance, Danny Trejo's knife throwing killer for hire from Desperado, Mob-styled hitmen a'la Samual L. and Travolta in Pulp Fiction... the possibilities are endless. Get yourself an idea of what you want this guy to be like in the game. The form he'll have will come naturally from there
Sure, lions and tigers are stronger...
But I've never seen a wolf jump through hoops in a circus
filo_clarke
Adventurer

Unread post by filo_clarke »

For what it's worth the following martial arts receive an Unrestricted Death Blow at first level.

Bak Mei
Shan Tung Kung Fu
Hwarang-Do
Mein-Chuan Kung Fu
Pao Pat Mei
Yu-Sool

My choice for "deadliest" is either Pao Pat Mei, because it is fast and aggressive, while giving Arts of Invisibility at first level, or Bak Mei which is more balanced, but provides Atemi abilities.
Kovoston
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Kovoston »

Outstanding ideas guys! THANKS!!!
G

Return to “Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™”