Were ther Adventure ideas in Ninja & Superspies?

Mysticism, spies, cybernetic implants, & cool vehicles. Discuss these two great classics here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

If ther was tell me ther names?

If they make a New N&SS,s book do you want them to put more Adventures in it?
Or do you think it would be better to make a Book for Adventures?

Do you want the HofF,s story replace by a Spies,s story in Rifter?
MikelAmroni
Hero

Re: Were ther Adventure ideas in Ninja & Superspies?

Unread post by MikelAmroni »

There were some vague adventure seeds - basically along the lines of your average Rainbow Six storyline. They had an adventure in the book, but it was pretty basic (and doesn't make much sense once you move past the early 80s).

I'd love to see some generic adventures more in line with the modern day, or even an alternate world and history with some definite adventures - or even a collection of them released as a source book. Or even if its just a series of articles in the Rifter which gives definitive settings and adventures - perhaps with crossover ideas for the other lines. HU crossovers are pretty easy, but what about BTS or Pre-dark day Nightbane? Pre-Chaos Earth, and maybe some Coming of the Rifts scenarios with martial artists and spies working to save their hides and maybe some innocents. I know HG would never allow it, but Robotech crossovers would be nice. And it would be REALLY nice to have some stand alone "what if" world settings. What if the cold war had never ended? What if the Nazis had won?

Basically I'd love to have some starting points to work from where I don't have to generate everything. But I'll admit right now I don't have much for N&SS, but its one of those settings that sticks with me - especially right after I've watched a good spy thriller or action movie, or Burn Notice, Covert Affairs, etc.
"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)

ImageImage
Desert Rat
Wanderer

Unread post by Desert Rat »

The thing with writing published scenarios is that a company starts committing themselves down a path of reoccurring Agencies, NPC's, etc... so that players can progress from one adventure to the next as the storyline develops. Adding a Nazi controlled world or a Cold War era setting commits more and more writers to a specific line and eats up resources (i.e. writers). I think Palladium Books is more comfortable creating the broad picture and generic mechanics with the thought process that you can sell it to broader market. Creating a specific setting then limits your consumer pool within that broader market. This is especially true in What If worlds. My guess is they tested the market with Mystic China and it didn't do all that well. Palladium Books is a business and at the end of the day a business has to be profitable.

I highly doubt yjat you will see Palladium publishing any stand alone product, world settings, adventure scenarios, etc..., outside of Rifter's. MY guess is that their new modern world setting is going to be Warpath:Urban Jungle.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Back of the book,bond movies, Jhon Wu movies, Chow Yun Fat movies, Chinese/Japanese MA movies, etc...
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Mercdog
Hero

Unread post by Mercdog »

I've been experimenting a little bit with turning some of the adventures from the TMNT books into adventures for N&SS (though with a touch of HU2 thrown in). The adventure featuring the White Ronin and their island full of death-traps is a pretty easy convert once you expand the stats a bit and remove references to mutant animals.
Blade with whom I have lived.
Blade with whom I now die.
Serve right and justice one last time.
Seek one last heart of evil.
Still one last life of pain.
Cut well old friend...
and then farewell.
-Sir Orin Neville Smyth, Flight of Dragons

Return to “Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™”