Board index » SDC Worlds » Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™

Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:44 am

D-Bee

I know that it is painfully outdated. It is still one of my favorite palladium setting’s (love TMNT as well). I had a blast playing it when I was young (when it was not outdated).

Unread postPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:53 pm

Wanderer

Comment: "Viva la Infidel!"
Love it still in all its age.

Unread postPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:13 pm

D-Bee

Still awesome. We use it for all the wonder hand to hand styles.

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:04 am

Monk

Honestly...I've only played a it once with more a super spy aspect. Even so, it was fun.

Mostly I use it as a sourcebook for HU.

Crimson
Eleven
Delight
Petracor

I don't respond to people I've blocked, unless they are quoted.

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:40 am

Champion

I wouldn't go so far as to say "love"...

However, I do like it. 1st ed, please...same with HU.
I want my 3 martial art Dedicated Artist!!!

In any case, as with Drewkitty, I primarily use it and MC as source material instead of as core material.

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:11 am

Wanderer

Comment: "Viva la Infidel!"
I just started a PBP after not having run a game for over ten years. Seems to be going well.

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:47 am

D-Bee

Still love to play ninja & superspies.

Unread postPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:47 am

Adventurer

Comment: Rifter Contributer 79, 81,82,83,84
it recently struck me that while N&S is pretty dated, it'd now fit well with retro modern warfare that is prevalent in the newer Metal Gear Solid games. Where having a computer in you is actually a big deal!

and lastly, my baby, my long term project... The Dark City of Cascade - Rifter 84.

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:42 pm

Champion

Comment: Kill it with Fire.
I let pc's use zanji swordmasters in fantasy and when playing n&s i just pull weapons and cybergear from cyberpunk 2020, works pretty well, but i have made rules for Ranged combat that has to hit numbers for the different ranges and modifiers like weather and recoil and stuff.

I use N&S as pre rifts earth for megaversal travelling, and have had fantasy characters go there and vice versa, but the last time i ran a straight n&s campaign was awhile ago, but i did run quite a few back when i still played turtles.

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:39 am

Dungeon Crawler

YES! I do indeed LOVE it. It is still great material. It can be used stand alone or ported over into other games. Either way it is very useful and flavorful.

tsh77769

Unread postPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 10:54 pm

Monk

Comment: The Munchkin Fairy
The only thing that makes it hard to love is that there's basically no setting material. It sort of tries to evoke a cold war asthetic of secret organizations but it basically assumes you are deeply familiar with 70's spy novels and if your not, all you have is a bunch of martial arts mechanics that are admitaly really cool.

Love it anyway, I just wish there was more fluff instead of a hundred ish pages of pure crunch.

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon

Unread postPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 6:12 pm

Adventurer

considering how dated it is, its /perfect/ for the later Metal Gear Solid games

and lastly, my baby, my long term project... The Dark City of Cascade - Rifter 84.

Unread postPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 6:05 pm

Dungeon Crawler

I like it but mostly use it and Mystic China as sourcebooks for other games

Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:07 pm

Explorer

If you remove all the chi and weird abilities, all the martial arts will fit rather nicely into Palladium Fantasy.

Whether you just keep HTH: Martial Arts, and let them name the art concerned, or incorporate some of the bonuses it doesn't really matter.

Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:10 pm

Champion

Actually Rogerd, I'd keep the chi & weird abilities. They fit with a Fantasy environment.
(I'd also reverse the 2nd Ed erasure of chi. It fits with the theme better than having everything be PPE or ISP.)

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.

Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:54 pm

Monk

If you are trying to make the PF game more like D&D (where everyone gets some sort of magic) Borast is right....thou only to a point.

The problem is that MAFs have a "time to learn" component, which would effect the age of the character. And if the character very young, that will limit if they can have learned a MAF or which MAF they could of learned.

Crimson
Eleven
Delight
Petracor

I don't respond to people I've blocked, unless they are quoted.

Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:09 am

Adventurer

some of the techniques are weird and clunky. 'Give up all your attacks for a +3 to defense' or 'spend your entire round screaming for one chance to knock people down' Then you have things like Body chi which can be devastating 'three chi to give myself a P.P. of thirty, spent from dragon chi' Chi itself is great and I'd rather it stay put too, but chi combat, well I guess I'd rather have hadokens than keep track of another resource

Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:11 pm

Dungeon Crawler

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
The only thing that makes it hard to love is that there's basically no setting material. It sort of tries to evoke a cold war asthetic of secret organizations but it basically assumes you are deeply familiar with 70's spy novels and if your not, all you have is a bunch of martial arts mechanics that are admitaly really cool.

Love it anyway, I just wish there was more fluff instead of a hundred ish pages of pure crunch.

This game needs more source-books.
Maybe a RUE-like update, but aside from that I don't see the problem with "aged" systems.
They have the virtue of not being generic, cookie-cutter crap like say 5th edition D&D.