Non-Cannon Units with Cannons

1'st edition, Deluxe Revised. Military strategies are the thing to discuss here. Oh yeah and how much damage that land mine will do.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Peacebringer
Adventurer

Non-Cannon Units with Cannons

Unread post by Peacebringer »

So, in order to re-fight the Cold-War, I created this tank based of off an anime-series called SP Lazer (sp?); I derived the statistics from using Cyberpunk 2020's Maximum-Metal rules to create a vehicle.

https://iili.io/rP1K92.gif

Speed: 40mph
Range: 177 Miles
Crew: 4
Weight: 15 tons
Cost: $3,519,000 (or $1,120,376 in '80's dollars).

When I designed it, it had a few capabilities planned such as, 1. Being fully-amphibious as to keep up with amphibious APCs during an amphibious landing-operation. 2. Have an effective main-gun that was supposed to be stabilized, as with most American-tanks to enable it to fire when moving, but, it wouldn't fit in the tank so, they went to Dalton Industries and designed a very powerful and effective (too effective) fire-control computer that would allow the tank to fire when moving. 3. Having good armor and be able to keep up with APCs: It has a large engine and amphibious-capabilities so fuel was removed: the front armor is thick enough to stop all MGs, autocannons and most tank rounds*.

Design Notes: when I made it, I had to cheat. You can't make an effective MBT that is fully amphibious in Maximum Mike's rule-sets. It's armor and body would have twice as weak. So, I used an IFV-hull and the main gun is actually a howitzer, for the spaces. So, I cheated, hence all the drawbacks noted in the design (105mm being not effective as an anti-tank gun, etc.). An autoloader was considered, but it would have taken too much space and an extra-soldier would benefit the tank.

It's named after General Hunter Cushing, USMC.

*This is an outright lie. Any hit from close-range anti-tank round will penetrate the armor; it may not knock the tank out, but it will be damaged.
slade the sniper
Hero

Re: Non-Cannon Units with Cannons

Unread post by slade the sniper »

So, was this used in a game? Were you using CP2020 rules and just posted it here or did you try a Recon/Megaversal version of it?

-STS
My skin is not a sin - Carlos Wallace
A man's rights rest in three boxes. The ballot box, jury box and the cartridge box - Frederick Douglass
I am a firm believer that men with guns can solve any problem - Inscriptus
Any system in which the most populated areas have the most political power, creates an incentive for areas that want power to increase their population - Killer Cyborg
Peacebringer
Adventurer

Re: Non-Cannon Units with Cannons

Unread post by Peacebringer »

slade the sniper wrote:So, was this used in a game? Were you using CP2020 rules and just posted it here or did you try a Recon/Megaversal version of it?

-STS

I'll play-test in CP:2020 first, until I feel comfortable in assigning Recon-stats for it (%). I need to develop OPFor. units so I can determine percentages.

Return to “Recon® & Recon® Modern Combat”